Player
    Character
    Heidi Hulali
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 67

Did they get rid of the color change message?

It seems unlikely that it would go this long without a message change. It's supposed to say something like, "Your chocobo is growing new feathers!" right?
    (0)
    "Go and pick up the damn rocks."

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    It's hard to say with certainty what your problem is without knowing your start color and the rest of your feeding sequence, and I'm basing this answer just on seeing four plums fed in a row.

Each fruit gives or subtracts five points from each primary color. Pineapples, for example, give red+5, green+5, blue-5; while plums give red-5, green+5, blue+5. From the last color change, four plums would give red-20, green+20, blue+20. There are two possibilities that would explain why you don't see another color change message by then.

A) You might have reached the max value of green, the max value of blue, or the minimum value of red. Reaching the extremes will lead to subsequent fruits having a smaller effect, since only one or two of the color values will change with each feeding.

B) You might not have changed the values enough to move into a new color category.

Note that the two possibilities are not mutually exclusive, and A would increase the likelihood of B. To avoid this, and get the full value out of each fruit, you should alternate fruits to keep values away from the extremes. The popular calculator has a button, "View feeding order", which will determine an order that prevents the RGB values from bottoming/topping out.
    (0)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Heidi Hulali
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 67
    Quote Originally Posted by Rongway View Post
    Note that the two possibilities are not mutually exclusive, and A would increase the likelihood of B. To avoid this, and get the full value out of each fruit, you should alternate fruits to keep values away from the extremes. The popular calculator has a button, "View feeding order", which will determine an order that prevents the RGB values from bottoming/topping out.
    I was alternating them like the guide said. The guide also says to add 1-2 additional ones till you get it. I added an extra 3 and still didn't get anything. I went through the entire sequence and didn't get any message until I stopped feeding him, making me think something changed.
    (0)
    "Go and pick up the damn rocks."