Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mystaria Ausa
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80

Large Houses, Add access to the balcony with the door please.

Dear Dev Team, with the focus being on housing, furniture items additions and so. I would like to bring up the suggestion I am sure has been asked many times.

Please enable a way to enter the balcony from the 2nd floor of a large mansion house. We SEE the door from the outside, we KNOW we can use other items to "jump" on to the balcony, however inside the house.. all we see is a door.. that we cannot access for anything and its so out of place.

Please let us use this door. This would be so awesome for events and even house design. Thanks.

Everyone, chime in to support this.
    (100)

Player
    Character
    Xitra Lunrise
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I agreed....
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Oraina Fhey
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Would be nice if they added more medium/large houses per neighborhood to begin with. But yeah, more customization is always nice.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Sayo Nagae
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    It would be nice if they added more large plots as a preventative measure (since something like this would probably make Large plots VERY attractive for a large number of people) before adding something like this, but all of my yes!

It's been annoying me from day 1 how there's clearly a balcony there, and we have the door litterally visible on the interior, plus it's a solid object, so all that's really missing is SE adding a exit/entry point on both sides of that door
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Chloe Grace
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Given the number of people/FCs that actually have large houses, this would be a complete waste of dev resources.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Problem with this is that the inside of a house is a different instance than the ward outside. This means that while in a house, you cannot see anything outside it.
    One possible solution would be to let us exit the house through the balcony door as well as through the front door, with the difference that if you leave by the balcony door you will end up on the balcony outside instead of on the ground.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sayo Nagae
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ChloeGrace View Post
    Given the number of people/FCs that actually have large houses, this would be a complete waste of dev resources.
    I'd love to hear your reasoning for how this would be a waste of resources, given how alot of what would be required already exists ingame.

The balcony is modelled as a solid object. There's already a door modelled both on the exterior and interior, and they could in all likelyhood use the exact same system for moving you in and out like they're already doing for moving people between the house interior and exterior (they'd just have to define the "balcony entrance" in such a way that it drops you off on the balcony instead of in front of the house)

Granted there's the potential for bugs as Large would have 2 points of entry and exit, and no other player housing to date does. But buggs are probable with everything you do to modify the code
    (9)
    Last edited by Lazaruz; 11-17-2017 at 10:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kamen Breaker
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Doesn't take much skill to get to the balcony
    (1)
    https://www.deviantart.com/kamenkuro

Player
    Character
    Linu La'neral
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I agree that it would be nice but I think an external stair/staircase as a garden fixture would be easier to implement.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Margaretha Sorin
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I totally support it, although I would also like to be able to place furniture on the balcony, since it looks empty :P
    (5)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast