Player
    Character
    Galveira Vorfeed
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabooa View Post
    Every job but Red Mage and potentially Bard provides similar if not greater total damage, not counting any additional utilities.
    Bard provides more overall raid damage. More than Samurai even, I believe. Don't underestimate the 100% uptime crit songs and Battle Voice for burst phases, especially with a SCH and a DRG (the more crit you stack, the more value you get out of not only crit itself but also the DH from BV).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rozeluxe Meitzen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I expect Summoner to be dialed back a bit however Black Mage needs more love. It should out damage Summoner for sure to compensate for its lack of utility and even more so for its lack of mobility. I think a balance between damage and mobility(or at least a way to compensate for moving) would help BLM greatly
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ogru Magnataraxia
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Neela View Post
    and here we go again with meta(s)... why do u think that all grps run with 3 or even more melees? my own static goes with dbl caster rang/melee and I know at least 2 other statics which run dbl caster - oh and btw how "meta" was the worlds firsts ultimate clear grp again? so... "meta" is worth a shit... you just can't generalize party comps to "whats bis is" cause there are enough grps which run out of meta-comps.
    Hm, that's weird, FFlogs only shows you running with single caster 2 melee 1 ranged comp. Peculiar.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Ohlala Chico
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    smn should stay where it is, but blm...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I think I could quote Sfia on why the SMN should not be nerfed but the other jobs should be buffed in some way
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lina Kirell
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    @Shiroe : SMN, although hard to master in a fight (many things to track), is too high. To me, the DPS positions and numbers on fflogs should be inverted between SMN and BLM to feel right.
    BLM is a supposed to be a damage turret, actually does less damage and is really impacted by mechanics : it should benefit from damage boost (while a small nerf on SMN) and some QoL to deal with mechanics better (as someone said, lower percentile BLM do significantly worse than other lower percentile casters, meaning the skill cap is higher)

Quote Originally Posted by Remedi View Post
    I think I could quote Sfia on why the SMN should not be nerfed but the other jobs should be buffed in some way
    I'm interested, where does Sfia speak of that ?
    (0)
    Last edited by Karshan; 11-23-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Page 73 of the Black mage thread, Honestly BLM should do much higher dmg than SAM when turreting for 2 reasons

1) Turret only bosses aren't a real thing in this game
    2) there are no magical dmg buffs in the game execpt contagion (which honestly you don't really use it much)
    (0)
    Last edited by Remedi; 11-23-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lina Slayer
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Yeah I completely agree with Sfia it's not SMN that is too strong, rather the other casters are just too weak, we can't forget MCH was already meta before they did one of the most facepalm worth balance I've ever seen and buffed Hypercharge, and the sad part is that the MCH community had a completely valid complaint on clunkyness and they go and give them a straight potency buff, if you nerf SMN and make BLM meet them halfway like a lot of people are suggesting the best comp will just be MCH-BRD-NIN-DRG and BLM will still be undesirable.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Finkledoodoo View Post
    Lol, how did that happen? Doesn't somebody over there have a math degree? Sounds nonsensical, like not realistic or selling an unfinished product... Are we sure that this is the case?
    Yes it really is where we are at. Smn needed changes (blm was not perfect either) so the solution they had was to buff the crap out of it which in turn made both blm and Red Mage weak (moreso blm)
    Some in the smn community like to flash "blm is yoshis main so it gets all the love or will see changes soon" what they have done thus far and even going back to Heavansward shows otherwise

What i will say however is Smn should NOT be nerfed, that is not how you "fix" jobs, blm needs buffs
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lina Kirell
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    My argument to say SMN needs a nerf is rather (and it shows with SMN but is valid with many classes):

They seem incapable to do QoL modifications without giving straight buffs (or rather, they don't think enough what the changes are gonna do and how the creme de la creme will be able to take advantage of it).

Since SMN still needs QoL improvments (still some really clunky things), I'd like them to nerf it before doing any work on it that would buff us AGAIN, because that's when we would become OP.

That, and yeah I still think we're a little too strong when played optimally, we should be middle / middle up tier not first spot.

For BLM, I totally agree that dummy fights don't exist really and the timers are sometimes too tight even for short movements
    (0)
    Last edited by Karshan; 11-23-2017 at 11:43 PM.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast