Player
    Character
    Japella Sigma
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgan View Post
    Hello, thank you for answering my question. the only more details is to tell you what i did to make this happen. I got to go with did group of eight to a place near dragonhead we started killing the gate guards so the gate would open and we could get to fight. the tanks would take off and get the mob to follow them back to were we were. once they got to us i thought we were suppose to kill them, so I was using magic to help fight them and when i saw someone getting low on hp, i would cure them. I thought everthing was going great, I was getting good exp points, then i noticed that my exp point guage wasn't moving and my name had turned back to white instead of blue. i thought my computer was doing weird, it sometimes does things just before it crashes. I tried to let someone know this but the game told me i was no longer in a party. I then informed anyone that could read say that I didn't know whats going so I am going to have to leave. after getting back to town. I shut down my computer for about two hours. when i went back on there was someone that was in the party like waiting for me. I said hello and said whats up, the person then started to tell me what a bad player i was for botting and i'll probably be banned. I told her that i was sorry if i did anything wrong. and that i don't even know what botting is. thats about it. I really hope you can tell me what i did wrong. I don't want to go thru that again. besides being embarrass, it felt like i was being scolded by my mother. thank you again for any input you care to offer.
    this was an excuse for kick y from the party for being a crappy cnj.... u musta missed the point
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Glendorajack Pinto
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    that could be, i didn't think of that. They could of said something, I would of left. I don't want to be in a party where someone thinks i'm not pulling my weight. I really thought I was doing good. I was healing when i could and i was raising, I was also fighting with magic. What I really want to know what botting is?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Okay, you were in a party with elitist jerks who would rather kick you out than give you some advice... or you didn't see what they said (if they DID try to help you).

Just so you know, it's a bad idea to nuke RIGHT away unless expressly asked to. I don't know how large your party was, but if it wasn't big enough to kill the mobs right away, the tank might have wanted to get hate. If they DID attempt to talk in party and you happened to miss it, or didn't respond, that might be why they assumed you were botting. The fact that you switched to healing when someone got low might have also increased their suspicions because bots can be scripted to fulfill certain actions under certain conditions. Is a player below 50% health? Switch to curing, etc. I didn't even know bots exist for FFXIV yet, though.

As others have said... I'm willing to assume your computer wasn't freaking out -- you were kicked from the party. In the future, watch the party chat more closely, and if you are new to something, be honest about it. Ask lots of questions. No one will fault you for asking questions, but they will fault you for making assumptions.

Oh, and if you were CNJ, they may have been expecting you to heal completely if it was needed. Again, it's dependent on the PT setup and who else was there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Glendorajack Pinto
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I was CNJ. Are you saying that I should of been healing and raising and thats all? And your right, every thing was happening so fast that I wasn't really looking to what everyone was saying. With the input I'm getting I begining to realize I very well might have been at fault. Again I want to thank everyone for their input on this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luca Abbot
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Aw, best of luck to you. When partying, you should prob stick to healing and raise. Maybe a nuke now and then.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    Thal's Balls! These forums are hot enough to melt an ice goddess.

Player

Join a LS party. LS parties will always be nice to you, help you improve, and usually not kick you! Also, LS parties have an interest in helping you to get higher level, so that you may do higher level events with them!

Notice the search feature is barely used? It's because everyone has just learned to party with their LS/Friends.
    (0)

KissesLinkshell of Gysahl
    www.KissesLS.net

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    If only everyone had the luxury of a good linkshell
    (0)