Player
    Character
    Lily Thai
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90

Savage difficulty for dungeons & harder 24 man raids

hey guys, I just wanted to post here because Yoshi and the team always tell us our feedback is appreciated and I wanted to get it out that people want harder content. I think a system like Mythic+ from WoW could work in 14, just at the current stage of the game, it should be minimal. I think it would be great for the community and help us come together a bit more to complete content if we could start "raiding" as a small 4 man group to obtain gear to help us with the 8 Man raids. My proposed version of 4 man savage dungeons would be to increase monster HP, DMG, and give them 1-2 new abilities/mechanics to dodge(bosses included). You could even add mechanics from the 8 man raids that players have problems with, to help prepare them for the 8man raiding a bit more. This way progression feels smooth, from 4man>8man>24man> and finally Ultimate being the greatest challenge for the most experienced players looking to take it a notch further.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lily Thai
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    This way it is easier for players to find like minded players and incentive for those who are afraid to raid, to give it a try. It is much easier to find 4 players, and it even makes finding 8 easier because 2 dungeon raiding teams can form together to try 8 man content. And with harder 24 man content, this also promotes the better raid groups to try to work together and form larger groups in attempt to clear content. This also gives players more to do within the game, especially those who are out of things to do, more variation is always good because it keeps your players interested and playing the game. It also wouldn't require too much effort from the developers because they could use a similar formula to Ultimate content, just recycle old content and breathe fresh air into it by making it more difficult and adding a couple pieces of gear like belts & accessories to a weekly chest/ book page at the end of the dungeon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lily Thai
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Of course there are plenty of people who will still be afraid of all of this, or people who just dont want it because the game is casual, but I think it is very important that you make content geared for both and find a way to bridge the gap. I don't want to be too specific and say this is EXACTLY how they should do it or what not, I just want SE to know that we are interested in harder content! so hopefully you will post your ideas or at least agree/disagree here thanks for reading!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eugene Tracewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 87
    It sounds similar to nightfalls from Destiny 1, which are souped up versions of strikes.

I could see them reusing dungeons and giving them that Palace of the Dead vibe with enchantments and spoils that can make or break a run. Each week would be a different dungeon. Enemies could be replaced with those from Coil, with higher HP. Old bosses have new mechanics to look out for too.

Drops would have to be comparable to Savage otherwise people probably won't play it. I think it would be a nice stepping stone for people who don't do hardcore raid or at least a meaningful alternative.
    (1)

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I dont have a problem with this...I do have a problem with randoms being a (insert insulting term) about things. That is why I do not like doing random roulettes. Just today my FC leader remarked that half the people ditched ranbanste(sp?) raid after 1 bloody wipe.

Seriously.... people are stupid.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viese Blanchimont
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    The problem I have with the game is that harder content just means one hit kills. They need to find another way to make the game harder before they start doing that in 4 man and 24 man raids. 24 man raids is already problematic considering the difficulty of coordinating mechanics for 8. But to do it with 3 separate parties as well and where any screw up will basically wipe everyone, it's just going to be a pain for many people because there are three times as many people and will make it so that it is at least 10 times easier to screw up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hypnotic Noodle
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 83
    I like the idea of making content more difficult. I would rather them make all content more difficult rather just adding a savage level difficulty to 4 man content. Adding savage level content means more weekly resets. More weekly resets means you will have even less people trying the content. Less people trying the content means they will have less to do in the game. This will lead to people leaving the game.

Adding savage level content to 8 man content is ok, since they already have that in the game. I would personally like to have a savage level primals of ARR content. Savage Titan sound like a fun time and something I would like do, since it was challenging the first time extreme came out in ARR.
    (0)
    "If you walk through life thinking you are not needed, remember that there is always someone that is counting on you." -CP

Player
    Character
    Loki Lux
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    I just want to have savage 24 mans for the original CT. So many people I know never got to experience that.

Having some redone old dungeons would be fun too....But not a savage. I actually like Tracewood's idea.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shiru Elysia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Considering 24-man groups are made of all type of players, making it harder will just be a mess.
    So even though i sometimes like more difficult content, i feel like these raids should remain like this.
    I don't want to endlessly wipe on it, especially if I'm going to go again for my gear or a glamour or whatever.

As for the "savage" 4-man content, it could however be cool.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Loki Lux
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by KDSilver View Post
    Considering 24-man groups are made of all type of players, making it harder will just be a mess.
    So even tough i sometimes like more difficult content, i feel like these raids should remain like this.
    I don't want to endlessly wipe on it, especially if I'm going to go again for my gear or a glamour or whatever.

As for the "savage" 4-man content, it could however be cool.
    I disagree with making it a mess. the normal content is already a mess. Labeling it as "Savage" or "Ultimate" is enough to discourage most people. And adding a difficulty would leave the normal as is so if you just want to cheese through it you can. But alot of people want to experience the old raids prior to gear making them completely obsolete. So we can definitely have both.

It's like adding savage 4 man content if they reused old dungeons would not make those obsolete.
    (0)

"Within each of us, the potential for great power waits to be released."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast