World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80

Pathfinders <<PATH>> is recruiting

*~Recruitment is Open~*

About:
    (FAQ and random info at the bottom)

Pathfinders is two years old now~! Me and Lulu started this group without any expectations behind it, assuming it would be the two of us making a go of it alone. We got lucky somehow and ended up meeting some amazing people instead. :3

We are a rank 8 FC, with 40 members. We wanted to create a small, close-knit, casual group interested in all parts of the game. Dungeons, Crafting, Gathering, Raids, whatever. To me it doesn't matter what we're doing so long as we have people to do it with! We're not really a typical FC with organized events, etc... We're all working adults and that honestly gets in the way of that kind of planning. What we're aiming for is a group of friends, not a community or organization. If people want to do something, they just ask lol. Sometimes that means roulettes, sometimes helping a lvl 50 sprout clear the hard mode dungeons. Sometimes we're all bored/tired and just BS in the chat while doing solo quests.

I've been a member of various large FCs, and while it's nice and convenient to have so many people, I find that it's difficult not to feel like you're just another body once they start to get too big. Having a smaller FC means it's quieter than what most people are used to, but I think it works for us. <3

We follow one core rule in this FC: leave drama at the door. We're all here to have fun. People that constantly bring up their irl problems (or in-game problems), that are mean-spirited or otherwise just can't chill out will not fit in well.

We have discord. :3 It's not a prominent feature, and we prefer our main FC chat to be kept in game, but it's great for keeping in contact outside of game.

We have a mansion in The Lavender Beds! Ward 13, Plot 6. <3 It's much too big to show everything, but I will try to show a basic overview!

-

-

-

What we’re looking for in members:

Friends! We’re searching for mature, friendly players that don't take the game too seriously, but are still interested in all the content FFXIV has to offer. People that aren't afraid to ask for help or invite everyone on a run.

Newbies and Veterans are welcome, 18+ is preferred. Looking to adopt some sprouts, because end game gets boring! We need an excuse to do older content. Also would like to fill out our endgamers, I find it's more fun to do the weeklies and everything with people you know.

Current Goal:
    Get expansion ready. \o/ Looking for fresh meat. We have a small assortment of raider types, and a small assortment of casual types, which means we're in a bit of a limbo with having not quite enough people from either side to do regular stuff with lol.

Contact Mandar Magoo or Lulu Magoo in game, or apply directly at the FC house placard if interested. ;3 We'll hang out, run some dungeons together, whatever.

The Members:
    (Our currently active members. Others are taking a break for now. ^^)

(Mandar and Lulu, the founding ladies of Path)

(Bikini glam dungeon runs~!)

(Our loveable group of weirdos)

Lulu Magoo: FC overlord (lol). She's a gathering enthusiast and has sworn her life to Nanamo Ul Namo as a PLD main. Likes long walks in Costa del Sol, and stalking Aymeric.

Mandar Magoo: Dats me. I'm the cute one. I'm about as filthy casual as they come. Gathering/Crafting is more my cup-of-tea, but I do love dungeoning and the normal raids. I main SMN and have been trying to teach myself to suck less at SCH/PLD. I'm a bit obsessed with trying to complete Beast Tribes atm, and leveling my crafters because I don't want to pay for furniture anymore. X) I have the special skill of finding the most unique way to die to mechanics in every primal fight. Also yes, I am addicted to screenshots....

Ni'ko Shae: Our most fab RDM mancat. I have met very few people with better glam game than him, competes in lots of screenshot contests.

Yuzuha Kazarishi: He plays a lot of classes, but tends towards SCH. Not the most talkative, but always willing to lend a hand.

Kizuna Mishima: SAM main, part of the trifecta of savage raiders. X3

Tiny Stormgiant: Tank/BRD main. Our tank veteran from a decade of WoW raids. :3

Khya Renahl: Super cheery RDM/SAM main. She's nervous about raids, but always quick to help newbies with their clears and roulettes. ^_^

Zan Chorizo: Chorizoooo. Our professional procrastinator and The AFK King.

FAQ

Where the name came from:

We picked our FC name from one of our favourite games at the time: Xenoblade Chronicles X. Pathfinders was a Faction of adventurers in Xeno X who's job was to explore and map uncharted territories, which we thought would be a fun and fitting theme for a group of adventurers setting out into Eorzea to take on all she has to offer. We've met many friends while recruiting, some that are still members and others that have moved on to other FCs, but it still seems exciting each time we meet and mesh with new people that love FFXIV just as much as we do.

Q) What kind of FC buffs do you put up?
    A) Heat of Battle is always up, we alternate between Helping Hand, Earth and Water and Reduced Rates for the second buff. Occasionally put up Jackpot on Saturday.

Q) Is Voice Chat a requirement?
    A) No, tbh we're one of the few groups where in-game chat takes place almost entirely in FC chat haha. I like it, feels like it's easier to feel immersed in game that way. The few times we try some harder content together, we like for people to at least jump in to listen with a muted mic. Although personally, I wouldn't mind more casual VC hangouts while doing weeklies. :3

Q) What's the average age of your group?
    A) Late 20's to early 40's. There's the odd exception (a couple in their late teens, one or two closer to 50). So when I say "mature" gamers, I mean we're old farts, not that we enjoy endless M-rated humour lmao.

Q) Where y'all from?
    A) Canada and the U.S. - East Coast, West Coast and Central. We had a few people from Brazil at one point but they quit the game last year.

Q) Are you LGBTQ friendly?
    A) Yes. This was a question I didn't realise would be a concern. Living on Canada's west coast, where weed and rainbows are pretty much a given, it's something I just assumed is obvious, but then this reminded me not everyone grew up in areas like mine lol.

Q) Are you 420 friendly?
    A) Not really? Some of us get drunk together at times, I'm sure people get high but it's not really something commonly discussed. 420 indifferent is probably a more accurate description.

Q) Are you and Lulu a couple?
    A) NO lmao, we're irl sisters. And yes there's a fair amount of ladies in the FC, no they do not want to date anyone.

Q) Is the FC workshop/airships/subs available to everyone?
    A) Policy with airships is there's a few people with permissions to operate them, but if anyone in the FC would like a specific airship material they need only ask one of us to farm it for them (assuming airships aren't currently occupied gathering FC related stuff). Everyone can craft in the workshop, so if you would like an FC exterior for your personal house, show up with mats and we'll get a party together to help.

Q) What about gardens?
    A) I'm hoping to get better about growing our chocobo food regularly. XD However~! If anyone would like a garden plot for a specific project, they can request it from myself or Lulu. We used to have them available for everyone, but people's crossbreeding projects were getting ruined due to lack of communication lol.

Q) Do you do lotto, give aways, etc?
    A) No. We're a small FC with limited resources, if we want stuff for the FC we work together as a group to craft it, or me and lulu just do it lol. Raising gil via lotto takes more effort than to just go on a crafting binge on the weekend. XD Once in a while me or someone else will (for example) get mats cheap to craft a bunch of bardings and then we will give extras to people that happen to be online, but it's not really a planned thing.
    (1)
    Last edited by SeriousxSarcasm; 05-05-2019 at 02:18 AM. Reason: info update

Player
    Character
    Ni'ko Shae
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    I love this post ... you guys seem so fun

I'm mainly a weekend player that gets to touch on the game some during the week. Currently working my way through the tail-end of Heavensward. I am looking for a new home!
    (1)
    Last edited by Nikoshae; 11-17-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mandar Magoo
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    lol, we try. <3

That's awesome, we're pretty active on weekends, week days are kinda hit and miss. XD Do you have an alt on Cactuar I can find you in game on?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ni'ko Shae
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    I'm actually on Cactuar; I transferred here a couple of weeks ago, and it doesn't seem to have updated yet. I'll be around tomorrow and Saturday quite a bit; plans on Sunday, though.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mandar Magoo
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    Tried contacting you today, but I think you were AFK. X3 I'll try to catch you tomorrow. o/
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kizuna Mishima
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I'm 24 and am well into end game content but I'm looking for a small knit FC to just chat with people and make friends. It takes me a little bit to open up to people but other than that I'm not a person that's gonna cause any sort of trouble. Send me a tell if you'd like to know more but I'm happy to join.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mandar Magoo
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    Okies, work's been a little nuts, so I'll try to track you down tomorrow or the next day. >w< lol, and that's ok, so long as you're not too afraid to say hello I think we'll be fine. \o/
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kizuna Mishima
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Won't be on today but I'll be on tomorrow and the days after.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ni'ko Shae
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Heya, I seem to keep missing folks from here. I'll be on tonight and tomorrow if anyone wants to poke and get to know me. Almost done with the tail-end of Heavensward. Tail-end. It's funny, because I'm a Miqo'te =p
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mandar Magoo
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    Oooh, we had a pony farm night, only really had time to check for you between runs. I'll try to catch you tomorrow night~ You could come for Ifrit farm. :3 You could get to know a few people that way first.
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast