Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Dissidia Duodecim
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Would love it, and return to old skill system (everything available) while you're at it!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    King D'
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Kisagami, This is an MMORPG. PvP is very common in MMORPG's as they have multiple things for multiple different kind of players. PvP is something that is very under appreciated among the FFXIV's community mainly because the Dev's do not take the time to make it something enjoyable.
    I agree with OG here, Open World PVP maps need to be added to this game. "Don't want to pvp? Don't go into the zone...that simple." Long as the PvP zone doesn't gate people from the MSQ its not hurting you at all so I don't see why you care?
    And yes OG there are a lot of PvPers in this game that want more PvP content. Most of us are just very quiet, and play frontlines or feast keeping to ourselves. Theres Plenty of PvP fanatics in this game. And its not right to favor 1 type of player over another. There should be something for everyone. Me and my massive fc would love a open world pvp area to meet up in and organize massive scale combat with each other or other fc's and it can be something very nice among the PvP community.

In most games the True endgame is either PvP or some type of replayable minigame from most my experiences. You really think people want a new dungeon so they can run it 100 times? that's not fun. A new boss to kill 1000 times? that's not fun. Taking part in player vs player combat or organized event....that's fun. Player minds > NPC

I'll close this with some last words thou.

Square Enix isn't famous for being a MMORPG developing body. They are famous for their console games.
    Square Enix has console players playing a MMORPG (usually played by pc master race players) so theres a split shift community.
    ATM there isn't any open world pvp maps, and square enix doesn't put much time, effort into pvp.
    (5)
    Long live Rhosaria!

Player
    Character
    King D'
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    The fact this forum is this massive, kind of just proves my point and everyone else in agreement honestly.
    Open World PvP zone sounds like something ill play for the next 2-5 years.

Look at other games Dark souls 1 2 and 3. Huge communities that just play that game to PVP (console game)
    Runescape's Wilderness removal: lost HALF of its playerbase (MMORPG)
    Tera's battlegrounds: Active 24/7 and prob the most active thing on that mmo (MMORPG)
    BDO: pvp rules that game in general (MMORPG)
    League of Legends, Smite, Heros of the storm, any shooter: Same map, Same tools, just pure PvP replayability (console games)

My point here is, simple content isn't going to keep people for very long (Dungeons, Raids, Trails ect.) You need REPLAYABLE content. PvP is highly REPLAYABLE as long as you make "good" Simple content is like a basic video game. You can only play it so much until your bored....you know exactly whats going to happen. You cannot predict what a player will do thou....they think...they adapt...they far more interesting and enjoyable to play with.

Anyways I typed way too much more than I thought I would about this. If u read all this your very patient LOL o/ ill be pvping on ffxiv bai!
    (4)
    Long live Rhosaria!

Player
    Character
    Seraphiel Warbreaker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisagami View Post
    If you want something built around PVP, why not play another game? The majority of players like the fact PVP is a side thing that doesn’t interrupt or isolate people from the larger story as a whole. Including fates and beast tribe quests in a PVP only area just will make things feel more elitist and there would be pressure to join such a thing.

PVP - with people who love camping spawn points and fates just to be jerks - breeds a toxic community with people being resentful of each other. Overwatch is proof that it breeds a toxic community. I love FF14 because it avoids that.
    Leaving aside the request of this thread for once, how about this question? If players like this want an entire game only they can suit themselves with then why not just play a single player game?
    Accept that there can be some things different made for other types of players in a MMORPG or just pick a single player game instead of being a condescendingly self-centered person
    There are things that I also dislike in the game but knowing that it wasn't made for me and that I share the game with others, I try to be mature and accept the situation
    (2)
    Last edited by TheVigilant; 12-08-2018 at 09:51 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nessa Goddessly
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I really don't know why people are always like "No PvP, PvP is toxic". As someone who has done a lot of PvP, in multiple games, PvP isn't that toxic at all, in fact the worst toxicity I have seen in this game was in PvE, when Titan HM was needed for relic, and they hadn't fixed the latency yet. I was told to uninstall the game and kill myself there lol.

With the exclusion of Rust, PvP in games isn't that toxic (and you even see a fair amount of friendly helpful people in Rust too)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seraphiel Warbreaker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NessaWyvern View Post
    I really don't know why people are always like "No PvP, PvP is toxic". As someone who has done a lot of PvP, in multiple games, PvP isn't that toxic at all, in fact the worst toxicity I have seen in this game was in PvE, when Titan HM was needed for relic, and they hadn't fixed the latency yet. I was told to uninstall the game and kill myself there lol.

With the exclusion of Rust, PvP in games isn't that toxic (and you even see a fair amount of friendly helpful people in Rust too)
    I, for one, would love an open world PvP zone
    Some people should understand that there can be something made for everyone in a beautiful MMORPG that's made for several types of players
    (1)
    Last edited by TheVigilant; 12-08-2018 at 09:52 PM.

7. 12-03-2018 09:39 PM

Player
    Character
    Seraphiel Warbreaker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahribear View Post
    Yes please. Would be so easy to implement in a way that it won't bother those who aren’t interested in PvP.
    That's what I can't understand, it's like someone asking for the Gold Saucer to be removed cause it's not their type even though no one is forcing them to go for it cause it was made for other people in a massively multiplayer online RPG.. :|
    (1)

9. 12-10-2018 11:38 PM

Player
    Character
    Yoko Ceres
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    GW2 has the RvR maps that works like a charm.

A tri-faction PvP, that could lead to a "Maelstrom vs Gridania vs Uld'ah" fight, on a gigantic map where people can join/leave anytime.
    You can build/destroy, attack/defend.
    Playing in small group or a big one.

It is what make the game attractive, as you can engage in fun instantly.
    It also gives buffs has your server (nation here) gain some ressource (with no penalties if you loose ressource or fall down behind the others servers).

This is a(n almost) non-toxic way of playing PvP as it makes PvE players enjoying PvP in large group.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Azuko Kouen
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 81
    As long as there's a PVP mode you can turn on and off, should be fine. I wouldn't wanna be bothered in the middle of fetch quests by PVP, especially when leveling a char with no mount.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ezikeo Hanzo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybums View Post
    As long as there's a PVP mode you can turn on and off, should be fine. I wouldn't wanna be bothered in the middle of fetch quests by PVP, especially when leveling a char with no mount.
    World of Warcraft has this thing called "Warmode" pretty much you can only get attacked in the open world if you decide to turn it on. FFXIV could totally do something like this.
    (0)

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast