Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 707
  1. #11
    Player
    Ordoric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    58
    Character
    Ordoric Ambrosuis
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    howbout people stop focusing on meta unless they are part of word first or speed kill and play well
    (17)

  2. #12
    Player
    Selova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    289
    Character
    Selova Lionfury
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    It literally would break the lore to give a white magic spell to a spell caster that specializes in black magic. They are never going to give a raise to BLM and I wouldn't want it on them to begin with, not every caster needs a rez, we don't need to go down the path of further homogenizing jobs even further. I just want some kind of decent utility outside of apocastasis and I'll be happy.
    (6)

  3. #13
    Player
    Dualgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    1,592
    Character
    Sora Maxwell
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzzlol94 View Post
    The current meta between casters HEAVILY prefers SMN and RDM
    Meta between casters? There is no meta between casters. Either you take SMN or you don't take a caster.
    simply because of Raise and the high pressure put on the healers. BLM now has absolutely nothing of value over SMN, even AoE damage is nearly identical.
    You're not wrong here. SMN beating BLM is bad. But why are you attacking Red "Weaker than Bard" Mage?

    The Raise abilities of SMN and RDM should preferably be removed as it's causing a major balance issue which SE seems incapable of fixing.
    I disagree to a point: verraise should be off the dualcast so RDM can...ya know...be a DPS, instead of a rez dispenser. Otherwise, SMN having a rez, afaik, has never been the breaking point in BLM v SMN.

    If SMN and RDM were to keep their Raise, BLM should gain one as well.
    "BLM needs a raise!"
    Black Mage, with a raise, would be even worse than RDM's raise, as raising doesn't even set a Black Mage back. Fire IV costs ~16% of the BLM's mana pool per cast: verraise costs 25% per cast. It would eat up their fire IV rotation a bit maybe, but if they cast it while under UI, especially with Triplecast, they suddenly are even better rezzers than RDM. And do more damage than RDM.
    It's an awful inconsistency in the caster role, which became even more apparent when RDM appeared to have it.
    Wanna know another odd inconsistency? Dragoon, of all the melee, is the only one without any way to speed up its GCD in any way. Should BotD now drop the DRG's GCD to 2.09s to compensate?
    BLM has absolutely nothing left to give to a party after Stormblood.
    You're right, but you're wrong about the reason. BLM has nothing to give because Summoner being overbuffed now does more damage than Black Mage. Normally, you'd take a Black Mage for pure damage, but pure damage means nothing when the support damage does more than you.
    Even SAM has a slashing debuff which would help PLD/DRK if there's no NIN.
    And SAM is also rendered useless by the fact SMN is fighting it for the top spot. This isn't a problem unique to BLM.
    Literally the only way to know what the BLM gives to a party is to watch the parses, which is also in a very poor state currently.
    Same for SAM, really. Again, BLM is not unique here.
    We're still forced to get a lot of SpS, while all other jobs gets heavily buffed due to the extreme poor balance of Crit and Direct Hit.
    You're whining because BLM escapes the mindless meta of DH>Crit>Det? I mean, I get why but at the same time, I just want to point out the crux of the whine here is stat variety among classes.
    It makes more sense to remove SMN and RDMs Raise than to give BLM one, but this inconsistency needs to be resolved to make balancing the casters easier.
    The raising isn't the inconsistency here: it's Summoner being overbuffed. Red Mage is currently one of if not the weakest possible dps because of its raising utility so that's kind of sad though. I'm with you as far as getting verraise off of the dualcast though.
    Casters shouldn't be the ones that always use Raise in raids, especially when SMNs and RDMs MP pools are basically infinite (and remember that an infinite MP pool was one of the few exclusive advantages BLMs had).
    Wait...RDM's MP pool? Infinite? Are you high? RDM's MP pool is *nowhere* near infinite. In fact I'd wager it's the most finite MP pool in the game: we have one form of MP recovery, no forms of MP conservation, and if shit's going south I can go several GCDs at 0 MP because of all the raising I've done and the lack of any MP support I receive.
    (12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defias View Post
    "I don't want to have others in my party who don't play the game exactly how I want to play it; as I don't want to teach/explain/carry them. But I also don't want them to be able to avoid ruining my experience, let alone have an option to do the content without communicating with me, so I can belittle/berate them and make them feel bad & explain why my way is the only way."
    #Dualgunner7456
    Add me on Discord if ya like

  4. #14
    Player
    Rakith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    72
    Character
    Raki'th Nea'lh
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Could we definitely put an end to "BLM need raise" post ?
    Please refer to previous threads.
    (19)

  5. #15
    Player
    Exiled_Tonberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,057
    Character
    Sharl Llyntine
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordoric View Post
    howbout people stop focusing on meta unless they are part of word first or speed kill and play well
    There's a difference between focusing on Meta comps, and simply wanting the job you prefer to play be balanced and as powerful as others in their role.

    Meta or not, BLM is in a horrible spot as a caster. Not the strongest DPS, yet zero utility or raid synergy, and it's playstyle is extremely punishing.

    Meta has nothing to do with fixing a poorly designed job.
    (12)

  6. #16
    Player
    popotaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The Fantastic Gramarye Circus
    Posts
    132
    Character
    Momotaro Popotaro
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    No.

    /thread
    (9)
    ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎ *WIZARD EXTRAORDINAIRE*

    . ∧_∧
    ( 。・ω・。 )つ━☆・*。
    ⊂   ノ    ・゜+.
     しーJ   °。+ *´¨)
           .· ´¸.·*¨)
          (¸.·'* ☆

  7. #17
    Player
    Shiroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    352
    Character
    Kain's Soulreaver
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    do not think Blm should get rez

    but looking at Blm damage atm, either it should have utility with that amount of damage

    OR have more damage, since it has no utility
    (4)

  8. #18
    Player
    Squigley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    147
    Character
    Miko Yaong
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 68
    Nuuuuuuu!

    I can has my Raging Strikes & Fire IV potency back kthx?

    That magic vulnerability debuff for Blizz IV suggested multiple times also sounds nice if we have to go the utility way.
    (5)

  9. #19
    Player
    Neela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bevelle, Besaid Island
    Posts
    1,243
    Character
    Yuna'dia Drachentatze
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Tonberry View Post
    There's a difference between focusing on Meta comps, and simply wanting the job you prefer to play be balanced and as powerful as others in their role.

    Meta has nothing to do with fixing a poorly designed job.
    talking to Smns, it's kinda ironic hearing an argument like this on Blms side...^^'
    (2)
    Last edited by Neela; 11-09-2017 at 08:13 PM.

  10. #20
    Player
    PriyaJugulataris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Limsa
    Posts
    168
    Character
    Princess Priya
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Neela View Post
    talking to Smns, it's kinda ironic hearing an argument like this on Blms side...^^'
    Right lmao? These threads have been constantly present recently and I'm like... less than a month ago, there were... very different sentiments being shared.
    (2)

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast