Player
    Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    If the gear is soloable them I will be disappointed.
    Me too, since jobs are all about playing together in a party I want party play for getting the gear!

We will know next week...

Character
    Ferrous Ironchick
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Job-specific gear will feature stats that are better than gear that is craftable that have more than one materia attached. With that said, we will look into adding new gear in future patches that will have better stats than job- specific gear with multiple materia attached to them.
    Huh?! Rukkirii can you please clear this up it was written kind of funny. do you mean Crafted + 1 materia < JSE. Crafted + 2 materia > JSE (or will be later?)
    (0)

I was able to sneak a peek at the documents regarding the upcoming job system announcement coming next week and I smuggled out a lil' morsel that you might be interested in. I figure, if you all knew what classes were required for each job, you could set a goal to raise them up over the weekend (if you're like Camate who was all "omg Bayohne, help me level up my lancer tomorrow!"...).

Take a gander at the requirements to begin the quests to unlock the jobs... (don't tell Yoshi-P I showed you!)

Job NameRequirements
    PaladinGladiator lvl 30+, Conjurer lvl 15+
    MonkPugilist lvl 30+, Lancer lvl 15+
    WarriorMarauder lvl 30+, Gladiator lvl 15+
    DragoonLancer lvl 30+, Pugilist lvl 15+
    BardArcher lvl 30+, Conjurer lvl 15+
    White MageConjurer lvl 30+, Gladiator lvl 15+
    Black MageThaumaturge lvl 30+, Pugilist lvl 15+
    (175)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Aedan Yarborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    I was able to sneak a peek at the documents regarding the upcoming job system announcement coming next week and I smuggled out a lil' morsel that you might be interested in. I figure, if you all knew what classes were required for each job, you could set a goal to raise them up over the weekend (if you're like Camate who was all "omg Bayohne, help me level up my lancer tomorrow!"...).

Take a gander at the requirements to begin the quests to unlock the jobs... (don't tell Yoshi-P I showed you!)

Thanks very much for the update. Always nice to get info like this.

Have to admit though, some of those reqs don't make sense to me. Oh well, I have all the reqs already anyway.
    (4)

Player

Thanks so much for this, Bayohne!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    I was able to sneak a peek at the documents regarding the upcoming job system announcement coming next week and I smuggled out a lil' morsel that you might be interested in.
    So its Official, Now everyone can stop speculating of a delay!! Gawd! Glad my DRG Reqs are all done =)
    (1)
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

You're secret's safe with me, Bayohne!

Thanks for the info. Now I know I'm ready, what with all my battle classes at 50.
    (2)

Player

So after talking to some LS friends I ran into some confusion about the new jobs, they say that the job stone will act more like a title? Say you're a lvl 50 GLD and you go PLD, do you start over over or do you have all your lvl 50 GLD stats and can just flythrough the PLD quest line? I was anticipating this patch was a whole lot of new content but if the later is the case I see all the people with all DoW/DoM @50 breezing through the content in less then a week? And for say someone with a GLD/MRD @30 switching to PLD does this mean I still have to lvl GLD to 50 for the stats/skills anyways?

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1

Take a gander at the requirements to begin the quests to unlock the jobs...
    (don't tell Yoshi-P I showed you!)
    Speaking of classes and jobs, what class/job were you looking forward to most?

*Bayohne surfaces with the Mjolnir-style banhammer in each tentacle*

Uh oh
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
    So after talking to some LS friends I ran into some confusion about the new jobs, they say that the job stone will act more like a title? Say you're a lvl 50 GLD and you go PLD, do you start over over or do you have all your lvl 50 GLD stats and can just flythrough the PLD quest line? I was anticipating this patch was a whole lot of new content but if the later is the case I see all the people with all DoW/DoM @50 breezing through the content in less then a week? And for say someone with a GLD/MRD @30 switching to PLD does this mean I still have to lvl GLD to 50 for the stats/skills anyways?
    Essentially the job is like a title or a mode switch, yes. Leveling your Gladiator levels your PLD and vice versa, they are the same entity, one is just better for solo/small parties and the other is better for large parties.

We don't know much about the job quests but the early ones will probably be easy to do if you are 50 already.
    (2)

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast