Player
    Character
    Crusina Luachra
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukebox12 View Post
    Warrior damage is base off off rng https://www.mooglemedia.com/releasin...w-xenosys-vex/ this interview frim xenosys-vex explains why
    I really dislike how Xenos acts but he is 100% so freaking right about WAR/DRK that I want to cry.

I just want to break down and cry because it's so beautiful.

100% right on the money about all the stupid decisions they made and how to fix it.
    (0)

Halo kid

Player
    Character
    Aana Azel
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegernako View Post
    I really dislike how Xenos acts but he is 100% so freaking right about WAR/DRK that I want to cry.

I just want to break down and cry because it's so beautiful.

100% right on the money about all the stupid decisions they made and how to fix it.
    Xeno heavily exaggerates almost everything he says. There are small grains of truth in his comments but not nearly to the degree he makes them out to be. The principle that a burst class with 1 action significantly more powerful (FC) than the rotation does make crit distribution matter more than a less 'spikey' dps. That is a fact. But it overlooks the actual impact. I had to use a completely obscene example to show that point (imaginary FC that does 91x a normal hit rofl). The principle is true but the actual effect will be negligible in a 10 minute fight. This comment only has any practical application in the ultra-elite speed running leader board going from 99% to 100%. If you have to get THAT high up the food chain before RNG has any real impact, then SE got close enough for a PVE game and frankly SE SHOULD NOT change classes around to cater to that infinitesimal fraction of players.

Xeno is right in the most technical sense, but not in any practical one.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aleph Alpha
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    It’s not like other jobs don’t rely on good procs/crits/dh in their buff windows to maximize their dps, so i don’t see the point of complaining about war being rng reliant.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Claire Pendragon
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    The more accurate way to explain it, is that WAR actually have a higher chance to crit than other tanks.

Which means, MOST of the highest WAR DPS fflogs are those with higher than normal crits.
    (Which is going to be common, with a higher than normal crit chance, and their burst window)

If you play WAR perfectly, you can see yourself below the top tier WAR fflogs, while they made mistakes.
    But WAR still does the most dmg(of the 3 tanks) if played well, regardless of extra crits.

The problem isnt about imbalance of WAR to other tanks, but the imbalance of WARs to other WARs in speed runs/DPS records on fflogs ONLY COMPARED TO OTHER WARS.

(In agreement with the poster below)
    |
    |
    v
    (0)
    Last edited by Claire_Pendragon; 12-06-2017 at 05:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aana Azel
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire_Pendragon View Post
    The more accurate way to explain it, is that WAR actually have a higher chance to crit than other tanks.

Which means, MOST of the highest WAR DPS fflogs are those with higher than normal crits.
    (Which is going to be common, with a higher than normal crit chance, and their burst window)

If you play WAR perfectly, you can see yourself below the top tier WAR fflogs, while they made mistakes.
    But WAR still does the most dmg(of the 3 tanks) if played well, regardless of extra crits.

The problem isnt about imbalance of WAR to other tanks, but the imbalance of WARs to other WARs in speed runs/DPS records on fflogs ONLY COMPARED TO OTHER WARS.
    But as I mentioned, this is ONLY a problem in war vs war standing at the extreme ends of the rankings when everything else is already perfect with zero mistakes (comp, cards, perfectly optimized personal skill for that fight etc). Frankly this 'problem' is only an issue for the 20 wars at the top of FF logs. This is not something that should concern the devs of a multi million player PvE MMO. Player created rankings using parsing tools against the ToS complaining that the top 1% of speed run War vs War is to RNG is NOT a problem the devs should give a crap about, let alone rebalance a job over. This is just absurdly overblown. Every job has the same crit RNG variable to determine the top .00001%. Wars version of that problem is some miniscule % higher impact than other jobs.

Its a scape goat for why your parse sucked. Its wont even be a factor unless you are in the single digit best war speed runs. Virtually any other variable will have more impact than your deviation from the average crit rate on war.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Bell Jee
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    A good tank can dish out alot of dps.
    Like my friend just overdps as casual drg.:T
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Claire Pendragon
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Johaandr View Post
    A good tank can dish out alot of dps.
    Like my friend just overdps as casual drg.:T
    Honestly doesnt require much, from the tank themselves, to do good DPS as a tank.
    Most of what it requires is from the other party members, such as a NIN to shadewalk.

literally use diversion as a DPS, and shadwalk to MT, and you dont even need to use any threat moves.
    Not really hard for the MT to do good dps then. (our PLD nearly does 4k dps from this. the moment we lose our NIN, he's closer to 2k dps)

It's only challenging when you're on your own to balance threat and dps.
    (0)
    CLAIRE PENDRAGON

Player
    Character
    Aana Azel
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Using enmity combo sucks but its not going to single handedly drop you from 4k dps to 2k. For enmity theres really 3 levels of enmity for raid bosses.

EZ mode. Nin+2tanks. Nin facilitates pull. 2nd tank starts circle shirk. GGEZ.
    No Nin+2 tanks. Probably need to do suboptimal pull then circle shirk. EZ
    Hard mode. No nin. OT is an idiot, DPS are good. Suboptimal pull. Scatter in enmity combos to stay afloat. Number depends on type of DPS (enmity shed abilities) and how good/geared they are.

Even with no help you shouldn't be doing half the DPS of your ideal situation. If youre capable of 4k then your tank is 340ish and pretty good. The only way to do 2k in that setup is spend the whole fight which is never necessary for enmity, only survival.

If your tank DPS cuts in half then that's his fault. Not the ninjas. In the early days of this tier I went from like 3600 to 3200 when I swapped from OT to MT and had no shirk and no ninja. Its really not THAT dramatic.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Whiskey Bravo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    The few pugs I ran in v4s with no nin, there was no way to keep aggro off the whm without opening with berserk+unchained. It was depressing lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Claire Pendragon
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aana View Post
    Using enmity combo sucks but its not going to single handedly drop you from 4k dps to 2k. For enmity theres really 3 levels of enmity for raid bosses.

EZ mode. Nin+2tanks. Nin facilitates pull. 2nd tank starts circle shirk. GGEZ.
    No Nin+2 tanks. Probably need to do suboptimal pull then circle shirk. EZ
    Hard mode. No nin. OT is an idiot, DPS are good. Suboptimal pull. Scatter in enmity combos to stay afloat. Number depends on type of DPS (enmity shed abilities) and how good/geared they are.

Even with no help you shouldn't be doing half the DPS of your ideal situation. If youre capable of 4k then your tank is 340ish and pretty good. The only way to do 2k in that setup is spend the whole fight which is never necessary for enmity, only survival.

If your tank DPS cuts in half then that's his fault. Not the ninjas. In the early days of this tier I went from like 3600 to 3200 when I swapped from OT to MT and had no shirk and no ninja. Its really not THAT dramatic.
    I honestly dunno why. It's just the numbers I was told. I didnt look too into it, as I dont have ACT, nor do I care too much about it. Just thought it interesting it was so oddly different.
    But you're probably right, he must be doing something different thats too extreme.
    (0)
    CLAIRE PENDRAGON

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast