Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyrian View Post
    snip
    To add to this, good news that this has now been updated in today's patch. Scatter will now say something along the lines of "flee and don't stop moving".
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kurumii Tokisakii
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    I still don't get how a 24 man raid, that is always done in around 30-40 minutes, can be to hard. Weeping city caused way more wipes and needed way more time because of that.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    Good talk, all. Glad we had it.
    暗闇の力#7805

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Hashmal honestly has the simplest mechanics out of any of the bosses in Rabanastre, which is probably why most of them are lethal.

The only problem I have with him is remembering that Jagged Earth circles are not like other AoEs and are not safe to stand in until the AoE has actually finished going off.
    (0)
    Last edited by KageTokage; 11-22-2017 at 05:37 PM.

Player
    Character
    Crimson Law
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I just tried this raid for the first time the other night. I didn't think Hashmal was too bad, though I did get caught off guard by Extreme Edge once which led to me dying shortly after. I actually found the last two bosses more annoying than him, though this may have been due to being a tiny bit buzzed on wine lol.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aluvian Darkstar
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    24 man raids were always a disaster simply because when person gets a large crowd, that person feels "safe", because obviously at least some people will be working hard to clear the encounter. and when such mindset hits majority of the raid, then we see what we see.
    in my opinion, 24 man raids either need to go or be suffered through. but if they will go, then number of lazy and faceroller type of people will be increasing and then the epidemy will hit even easier content
    (0)
    Last edited by SilentVoice; 12-12-2017 at 11:10 PM.
    There's nothing blinder than the eyes that don't want to see

Player
    Character
    Merlin Waltz
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CokoRyver View Post
    The royal city of Rabanastre 24 man raid is for casuals, meaning it should be able to be cleared without much efford
    This boss has to manny moves that you cannot see with red markers on the floor, and on top of that, these are instant death moves.
    ....I think I am starting to see why so few FFXIV players actually use these forums. Whiners like you who complain about even the slightest tinge of difficulty. It's not hard if you just look at the screen and pay attention. You can clearly see which direction the towers are going to fall in.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Chloe Redstone
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    The royal city of Rabanastre 24 man raid is for casuals, meaning it should be able to be cleared without much efford
    This mentality does my head in. 'Casual' doesn't have to mean 'so dumb and so overly signposted that even a dead horse could complete it'.

It is already 'clearable without much effort' - all you have to do is use your eyeballs. Eg. Towers. They will fall relative to how they were cut.

|\ (Cut tower) >>>>>
    /| (Cut tower) <<<<<

Fire <(^_^)> No-Fire (Gee, I wonder which side of the arena I should run to).

People asking for such simplistic mechanics to get further signposting aren't even 'casual', they're the ones who want to be force-fed victories for no effort at all.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Futhaammah Nesro
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    really, the most common mechanic that kills me here is getting pinned down by the AOE's as players that are being targeted by it panic run out of it and drag the AOE's toward me.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RopeDrink View Post
    People asking for such simplistic mechanics to get further signposting aren't even 'casual', they're the ones who want to be force-fed victories for no effort at all.
    But if you wanted to be force-fed victories for no effort at all, wouldn't you instead ask to have the mechanic removed in its entirety? No matter how it's telegraphed, the mechanic still needs to be done, which is some effort as opposed to no effort you have to put in when the mechanic doesn't exist at all. It's therefore not consequent for a person who wants to put in no effort to ask for anything short of removal, because anything that's left, no matter how small, is still more than they want.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Chloe Redstone
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Well whatever way you decide to label it, it's essentially asking for already easy mechanics to be made even easier through telegraphing. It'd be understandable if any of them were, say, difficult to see due to design flaws, but a huge model with a flaming arm, or huge pillars with noticeable cuts (regardless of angle) give even Casual McCasual plenty of indication as to where they should move (if the tell-tale sign of a whole raid desperately running in a certain direction doesn't help make that call).

Conversely, I don't really consider being forced to move in a direction once in a while as 'effort', though I am one of those filthy people who considered ancient WoW-TBC Heroics (pre-nerf, back when mobs would one-shot tanks) and vanilla 40man raids as the bee's knee's back in my day.
    (1)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast