Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldotsk View Post
    Player's alts are not "people". Just saying.
    alts are people. I play my alts just as much as I play my main. So really I cant say I have a "main" per se. I just simply have multiple chars.

I would love for them to make it so they could all share 1 house...
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    I really hope they do NOT implement a lottery or bidding/auction type system though. I don’t really like the RNG shift from “are the servers going to crash on you”/“are you going to load in fast enough” to “are you going to be lucky enough for the system to choose you”. Lottery/auction would be fairer (if they made it in such a way that multiple bids for a plot cannot be placed, and the bid is the starting price of the plot), but I still don’t think it’s a good enough solution to the problem that Housing in this game is.
    If they do go with a lottery system of some sort, it either not require you to pay upfront or be locked between once per account otherwise people with tons of gil will just register eight characters onto one house to better their odds.
    (0)

Character
    Rastiana Bel'briar
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    1 personal 1 fc house per account is the only idea I've seen so far that has support from nearly everyone.... so this is most likely what they are aiming for.... it won't stop house flipping but it will slow it down considerably... and there will be more open plots on all servers
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Sin Catvrix
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Okamimaru View Post
    1 personal 1 fc house per account is the only idea I've seen so far that has support from nearly everyone.... so this is most likely what they are aiming for.... it won't stop house flipping but it will slow it down considerably... and there will be more open plots on all servers
    And how many homes do you think its free up right now on your server..30-100 maybe..theres not gonna be one open plot..if you have 7.500 ppl on a server and 2,880 houses it dont matter if 1 person or multi people own them...theres not enough.. untill house number is higher then player population its not gonna matter..stop thinking this is the end all fix lol you wanna truly end house flippers..put a random timer on when the plot goes up for sale if they cant gauntee the land to the buyer they have no buyer.

Were dealing with a multi million dollar company that makes millions amonth from us and you all trying for scraps "Settling" for some easy fixs...we should rage these fourms with soild fixs like at lest 50 wards per housing city each for the smaller pop serversthats 12,000 homes enough to work a 7500 server for awile with fc's

The "hoarders" sellers can be killed with a land release timer. the amount of RP people who own multi homes is low...These flippers and hoarders there not rmt pople i know 5 people who have sold homes.The picked up homes n shiro just to make fast gil..all of them end game raiders who don't care about houses.. 1 held a cliff side mist large n med till he could get his money on blamug then bought another large to sell...now none of these people are my friends or do i play with but there well known
    (11)
    Last edited by Siniztor; 11-04-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Player
    Character
    Hestzhyen Voer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Siniztor View Post
    Snip

Anecdotal evidence isn't particularly valuable in this situation. We don't have numbers to see what effect hoarders/flippers have on the housing shortage and it could well be that they're only a fraction of a percent of all home owners- but they're the face of a problem SE created and allowed to fester. You're right in that a simple restriction per account won't solve the issue but it's a simple step that will curb the worst abuses. I know from the other thread you have a personal stake in being allowed to own more than one home and while I hope you're grandfathered in since you bought them with no intent to flip, if SE can't justify adding more hardware to increase the number of wards and plots, I will not cry for the people who have to choose which one they like best. As far as timers go, people will also try to game random timers by figuring out just how "random" it is but ownership restrictions combined with the resell timer would eliminate complaints about people who take advantage of the existing system. From there it's totally on SE to simply increase the number of homes available. Or go back to the old system of having the current housing be for FCs only and implement personal housing in a way that actually scales with player demand. After all, I'm willing to bet that the demand for individual housing far outstrips the demand for FC hang-outs.

Easy fixes are likely the most we can expect with a solution promised for 4.2. The short window for development and testing combined with the issues they have thanks to their spaghetti and legacy 1.0 code mash-up means that a comprehensive change is unlikely. They'd either have to have been working on it for a long time already in secret (as they are wont to do), or they'll have to drop almost EVERYTHING planned for 4.2 just for this. As important as housing is, I don't think YoshiP will sign off on seeing Eureka delayed again. :P
    (3)
    Last edited by Hestzhyen; 11-04-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sin Catvrix
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Hestzhyen View Post

Easy fixes are likely the most we can expect with a solution promised for 4.2.
    Can you please post where this promise was made or even a solution was brought up..im just asking cause i must of missed a dev letter or yoshi post..

Cause the only thing ive read iss ..

"In light of the feedback we have received, we will be working to bolster our servers in preparation for additional wards in the Lavender Beds, the Goblet, Mist, and Shirogane by patch 4.2."

were getting more wards in 4.2

"we will be making an announcement outlining the number of new wards and how they will be sold after reviewing said feedback."

And a annoucement coming on how there added n sold

"more wards and a system where everyone can obtain a new house fair and square for Patch 4.2."
    Thats all ive seen posted...nothing on a solution or a promise
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Hestzhyen Voer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    "more wards and a system where everyone can obtain a new house fair and square for Patch 4.2."
    Thats all ive seen posted...nothing on a solution or a promise
    Is the addition of more space plus the statement that they will add a system of some kind to ensure fairness in buying not a promise of a solution? It's not likely to be a cure-all, but there is no perfect way to solve this mess in the first place. There will be kinks to iron out and adjustments to be made but SE wants this headache to go away- they will be working on this as long as it takes I think. So yes I think they're promising a solution in 4.2 and might have longer-term plans they'll announce at a later date, depending on how they decide to implement the changes.
    (2)
    Last edited by Hestzhyen; 11-04-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sin Catvrix
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Hestzhyen View Post
    Is the addition of more space plus the statement that they will add a system of some kind to ensure fairness in buying not a promise of a solution? It's not likely to be a cure-all, but there is no perfect way to solve this mess in the first place. There will be kinks to iron out and adjustments to be made but SE wants this headache to go away- they will be working on this as long as it takes I think. So yes I think they're promising a solution in 4.2 and might have longer-term plans they'll announce at a later date, depending on how they decide to implement the changes.
    The biggest complaint about fairnes with Shiro release was the login server crashing n q times.and supply.and that it wasn't fair some people got right in.

Hense why his post..

"While a great number of you were interested in either purchasing or relocating to a plot in Shirogane, we failed to prepare sufficient plots for players, and for that I deeply apologize.

This problem was only made worse by the increased stress on the servers from players rushing to log in after the end of maintenance. As a result, the system implemented to prevent players from abusing the relocation feature failed to function properly, preventing some players from relocating altogether."

Not 1 Dev or Yoshi has mentioned multi plot owners at all only people on the forums. They have talked about supply and there sorry the servers screwed up causeing people not to get in.

The red...even if you were on my side of the argument id tell you..your bar is set way to high if you honestly think a soultion is comin in 4.2
    (4)
    Last edited by Siniztor; 11-04-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Player
    Character
    Hestzhyen Voer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    The biggest complaint about fairnes with Shiro release was the login server crashing n q times.and supply.and that it wasn't fair some people got right in.

Hense why his post..

"While a great number of you were interested in either purchasing or relocating to a plot in Shirogane, we failed to prepare sufficient plots for players, and for that I deeply apologize.

This problem was only made worse by the increased stress on the servers from players rushing to log in after the end of maintenance. As a result, the system implemented to prevent players from abusing the relocation feature failed to function properly, preventing some players from relocating altogether."

Not 1 Dev or Yoshi has mentioned multi plot owners at all only people on the forums. They have talked about supply and there sorry the servers screwed up causeing people not to get in.

The red...even if you were on my side of the argument id tell you..your bar is set way to high if you honestly think a soultion is comin in 4.2
    They've been tight-lipped on the details since they don't want to cause speculation and fear-mongering- that's in YoshiP's original forum post addressing the issue that you quoted. Talking about potential restrictions so far out from the patch would only cause chaos and salt the likes of which we haven't seen since the drama around job changes in 4.0. We know nothing but that they promised a solution. They are delivering on that in 4.2. To what extent is unknown, but with the pressure from players to restrict housing ownership based on accounts AND the fact that that solution would hit house flippers and hoarders at once, it's not unreasonable to think they'd implement such a thing if it was within their power to do so. I have a feeling that they're going to have more comprehensive steps in place -delayed purchasing in new wards until servers are live and stable for some time after launch, random timers after selling before the plot goes up for sale again, etc.- and any restrictions would only be one part of the plan to make the situation better. (In truth I think they'd implement ownership criteria and account flags just to quell all the bad publicity the extreme hoarders and flipping profiteers create. Even if they're a tiny fraction of the issue, they have an outsized effect on people's perceptions of the game when Kotaku runs articles about one person buying an entire ward or someone tries to sell a house for 800 mil on Reddit.)

They'll certainly be taking steps so the same server queue issue and transfer bug don't pop up again but those sorts of things never really go away. Servers are always going to be stressed as soon as they're live with a new patch, and the issues you fixed last time might not be present but something else could very well be. (Context: I'm an applications support analyst for a major bank; you can never fix or anticipate every problem, sometimes you'll have to live with mitigating general problems or solving them only for isolated incidents.) SE will do their best to avoid a repeat and I have every faith they've identified the root causes of the 4.1 issues and fixed them so they won't happen with the launch of 4.2. But focusing solely on server and correct code behaviour isn't going to solve the housing problem- it's been around since they opened up wards for individuals and FCs to buy from the same limited pool back in 2.x. If the company is worth their salt they know this and will go further than making sure the infrastructure and transfer systems are functioning as intended.

Also, FYI, it's hard to hold a conversation with you when you zero in on single sentences and nit-pick without paying attention to the context of the entire comment. I realise you have a point you want to make but you're doing yourself a disservice by cherry-picking phrases to say the same thing over and over again.
    (6)
    Last edited by Hestzhyen; 11-04-2017 at 02:42 PM.

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I honestly don't think they should even permit FCs to own houses separately from individual characters as long "solo" FCs are a thing.
    (2)

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast