Player
    Character
    Kira Kagamine
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52

Summon both retainers at once

I wish there was a way to summon both retainers at once and it will just show their inventories and yours. This would make it much easier to sort items among them instead of having to drag to your bag, exit retainer, open other one, and repeat.
    (5)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    would be nice specially for us that have 8 retainers. >.>
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Anna Klein
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Yeah, like maybe if we could go to the Retainer Vocate and choose a "search through all retainer inventories" option? That would be super nice. I wouldn't use it often because retainer vocates are out of the way, only for sorting out my retainers. Which is a pain.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lilora Sparrow
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirlia View Post
    Yeah, like maybe if we could go to the Retainer Vocate and choose a "search through all retainer inventories" option? That would be super nice. I wouldn't use it often because retainer vocates are out of the way, only for sorting out my retainers. Which is a pain.
    type /isearch <item name, or part of it>
    right-click
    search for item
    (2)

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    I don't see us being able to summon multiple retainers at once sadly.

What would be nice alternatively would be being able to go back in the menu. I summon Retainer A, do what I need, then when I back out of Retainer A's menu I'm back in the retainer selection menu, where I can then go to Retainer B for instance.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Anna Klein
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleSparrow View Post
    type /isearch <item name, or part of it>
    right-click
    search for item
    That's not what I mean. I mean having, say, 4 Retainer windows up at once to look through 4 different retainers. Being able to drag and drop items between them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Febreealle Goldlyonse
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Sounds like a UI nightmare. This game already has problems managing moving inventory items around. Do you ever have a retainer up when your duty pop? 'Unable to transfer item because of duty window' something message. As if the game is going to completely delete or duplicate an item if you enter a loading screen. I'm not sure the base system would even be able to handle moving an item directly from one retainer to another. Not without extensive coding efforts which will probably still bug out and delete items requiring emergency maintenance, that is.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chloe Grace
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Let us craft using items straight from retainer inventories.
    Redesign the retainer UI from the ground up. Get rid of the initial menu, and show us a list of retainers and their inventory space remaining, such that we can open, drag/drop item/stacks from one to another without ever escaping to the main window.
    The sheer number of clicks in this game's interface is staggering (and annoying).
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirlia View Post
    That's not what I mean. I mean having, say, 4 Retainer windows up at once to look through 4 different retainers. Being able to drag and drop items between them.
    I think if they could implement multiple retainers at all, two at a time would be more likely. That's enough to transfer items between them without needing the middle step of taking it out to your inventory first.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    These restrictions on retainer use are most likely to do with reducing server stress. The biggest usability change is coming in 2018 when we can manage retainers and inventories with the new smartphone app.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast