Player
    Character
    Kairi Kokoro
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80

UI and Sound mods/themes

1.0 wasn't great. I never personally played it, but my father did, and i've seen plenty of footage from it. The combat was slow, some of the areas looked like they would've been complete hell... Black shroud... And the game had tons of other problems. Apparently, it wasn't very good. But it wasn't all bad. Music was far superior to what we have now, The UI looked significantly nicer, sounds were better in my opinion, and overall, the game just sounded a lot better & looked a lot better (Interface-wise). So here's an idea that could benefit everyone. However, i'll have to post it in the comments. Because when i think MMORPG forums, i think Twitter.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kairi Kokoro
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    My idea:
    UI and sound edits! Community-created themes either added officially to the game or usable as mods. These would allow for their own settings for all the elements, editable in the HUD editor or in a different menu entirely. This could be used for different Sounds or interfaces that are intended for more serious players, such as minimalizing certain assets or changing sounds for things they want to hear more easily or not hear at all, interfaces and sounds for the nostalgia-hungry, or just new interfaces and sounds for people looking for a new twist to the game!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lachesis Takuhizu
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMaverick View Post
    My idea:
    UI and sound edits! Community-created themes either added officially to the game or usable as mods. These would allow for their own settings for all the elements, editable in the HUD editor or in a different menu entirely. This could be used for different Sounds or interfaces that are intended for more serious players, such as minimalizing certain assets or changing sounds for things they want to hear more easily or not hear at all, interfaces and sounds for the nostalgia-hungry, or just new interfaces and sounds for people looking for a new twist to the game!
    This had been a thing at one point in time but it was taken away, a LONG time ago during 1.0. It's not likely to happen again because of instabilities and copyright issues.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I'm guessing you used the search to dig up this old thread?

Anyways... Mod support would be nice. It was even promised for 2.0, but then kept getting delayed and eventually SE said they cancelled their plans to support mods. So... we're stuck with what we have, pretty much.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    some of the areas looked like they would've been complete hell... Black shroud... .
    This is often stated, but it's overlooked the fact that it's a large scary forest where it's easy to get lost in. It had its realism if anything.

So here's an idea that could benefit everyone. However, i'll have to post it in the comments. Because when i think MMORPG forums, i think Twitter.
    Welcome to internet forums. You can make a nice long post detailing everything, this isn't anything like Twitter, thank god.

Hmm, this seems to be quite an old topic....
    (0)

http://king.canadane.com