Player
    Character
    Jasmine Clayworth
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by RLofOBFL View Post
    This is actually a pretty good idea to keep Boss Fates Relevant.
    #BossFATESMatter
    (0)

2. 11-02-2017 04:10 PM
    Reason
    Phone double posted

Player
    Character
    Mikeru Takeuchi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Emstidor View Post
    It's pretty silly that SE goes through the trouble of designing these massive zone bosses with their own FATEs, achievements, and unique rewards, and then a month after each expansion launches they remain untouched 95% of the time they spawn (excluding FATE parties, which occur only in certain zones and even then often don't have the numbers to challenge the zone boss.)

It's not a perfect solution, and I know the idea of encouraging FATE participation is anathema to some people, but I figure it can't hurt to suggest these bosses reward a small amount of Allied/Centurio seals (maybe a smaller-than-A-rank chance for a mark log/crystal cluster?) when defeated. The exact amount rewarded would be up to SE to balance, but I feel like treating these guys like mini hunt mobs would do enough to encourage people to kill them and maybe give the people who never got to fight them an opportunity to actually see the FATE to completion.
    As far as the boss fates you are referring to, do you mean the ones that award the fate achivements (e.g.: Lazy for You; The Eyes Have It; Dark Devices: The End; Darkscale Devoureth, etc.)?
    (0)
    My Current Characters:
    Mikeru Takeuchi: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/14812205/
    Ekkusu Volnutt: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/8909941/
    Rokku Sigma: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5714962/

"Break a warrior's body, and he will thirst for vengeance. Break his spirit, and he will clamor for peace. Judge my methods distasteful if you will - but know that I seek to end this conflict, not prolong it." - Yadovv Gah, Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

Player
    Character
    Justuas Galka
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Usually for me PPL come when you yell a few times.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caiera Su'mara
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    To be fair most ARR fates can be solo'd now (I have a lot of low level alts), also, by bringing a ton of people back into an area you have the danger of these same 'FATES' being killed off in seconds and then you still wouldn't get to complete it (or get Gold) unless you group up anyway.
    I like the idea of adding the hunt seals to some 'FATES' though.

I would also be open to level syncing Hunts so that you can get there before a mob kills it in seconds, especially in ARR areas.
    Also, increase the spawn rate of 'S' Hunts as sometimes they only ever appear when I'm at work or asleep, combine that with the fact that they get killed in seconds makes it almost impossible for some people to complete any achievements.
    ARR 'A' Hunts should respawn hourly and 'S' Hunts every 6 hours
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xevia Vanothy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Very much in support of this. You get hunt seals and you make the zones more eventful in the process. These boss fates would be a good source for allied seals since Rank 3 daily hunts in ARR zones doesn't give as many seals as their HW and SB counterpart where they give 15.
    (0)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    It would actually help a lot of newer player base as well so I would support this. Even as a vet sometimes finding people to do boss fates can be a pain even if they did add a type of weekly limit for fate boss hunt seals some people really want the achivements and items.
    (0)

Player
    Gridania and Ul'dah (because Ishgard not allowed to be starting city-state :c)
    Character
    Strea Leonhart
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by BluexBird View Post
    Another one of the big failures in this game - the FATEs are there but nobody ever bothers doing them. As a result, maps are empty 99% of the time, save for the few world boss events such as Odin, Ixion and Fox Lady. Which means people have no insentive to visit the older maps. This is worsened by the fact that dungeon-grinding and PotD are a much faster leveling alternative than doing FATEs. So really, anything that'll get maxed-out players to start doing FATEs again (even if it's just the boss ones in this case), I believe is a great idea.
    I actually do FATEs whenever I'm waiting for dungeon que and challenge log(another feature that needs be expanded upon for older content to get people to actually play said content..)
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3