Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Faerwyn Pyke
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 70
    Still haven't gotten it to work - are you placing the wall item from your inventory, and staying in the wall item list to place it? When I do this and use the subcommands key, I just get options to turn on grid and counter.

If I switch categories to all, I can get a Place command off the non-wall item, but it gives me an error and won't let me actually place it, even when I spam it everywhere possible on the wall.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Isondre View Post
    Still haven't gotten it to work - are you placing the wall item from your inventory, and staying in the wall item list to place it? When I do this and use the subcommands key, I just get options to turn on grid and counter.

If I switch categories to all, I can get a Place command off the non-wall item, but it gives me an error and won't let me actually place it, even when I spam it everywhere possible on the wall.
    I think it all has to be storage items and you have to make sure to just aim the wall item (where you can move it around) and when it's in the spot you want the ground item to be you use the hotkey to bring up the menu then numpad 0 to accept the placement.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Serendair Zoeva
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    What I don't understand is, he selects a banner from the storage menu and when he places it, the banner turns into the chair or the stage. Would somebody explain this to me please? I'm massively confused
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alexandre Hanrieaux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I didn't have a whole lot of time to play with this but I will get to it. I WILL. I will get to it.

I mastered how to put those gc banners half way sticking out of the floor...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Renard Lefeuvre
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Can also be used to raise the poor NPC vendors off the floor at last. Though my wife marooned our Lalafell shopkeeper on a window ledge for some reason.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Serendair Zoeva
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    I think I figured it out how he swaps from flag to stage. Whenever I try to place it down though it says unable to place item. Any ideas?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Faerwyn Pyke
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustytome View Post
    I think it all has to be storage items and you have to make sure to just aim the wall item (where you can move it around) and when it's in the spot you want the ground item to be you use the hotkey to bring up the menu then numpad 0 to accept the placement.
    Thanks, Dustytome. That narrows it down... do you pick the wall item up out of the floor first to be "aiming" it onto a wall? When I place a wall item directly out of storage it just sticks it in the floor.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Thanks, Dustytome. That narrows it down... do you pick the wall item up out of the floor first to be "aiming" it onto a wall? When I place a wall item directly out of storage it just sticks it in the floor.
    Yes, as long as it's not "placed". Once it's placed, it's no longer a storage item.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendair View Post
    What I don't understand is, he selects a banner from the storage menu and when he places it, the banner turns into the chair or the stage. Would somebody explain this to me please? I'm massively confused
    Not sure why it does it, but when you tell it to place the wall item via the hotkey, it looks to the corresponding item in the main list instead of the item in the wall section. So if you have a wall planter as the 5th wall item and a stage as the 5th item in the master list, the stage it what gets set.

I think I figured it out how he swaps from flag to stage. Whenever I try to place it down though it says unable to place item. Any ideas?
    It's very spot sensative. If you notice in the video it's the areas just before the wall item becomes unplacable. Try at the top of a window or just before the bottom border of the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Serilda View Post
    Can also be used to raise the poor NPC vendors off the floor at last. Though my wife marooned our Lalafell shopkeeper on a window ledge for some reason.
    I stuck a lalafell up on the wall and put a half partition in front of it. Looked like a judge glaring down at me from a podium with the sheer power it had obtained! I wanted to move it out into the room though instead of its back being fused to the wall. I want advanced placement tools already, this is getting stupid.
    (3)
    Last edited by Dustytome; 11-02-2017 at 12:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Soki Yagami
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    I'm not too sure about KB+mouse, but on a controller you need to hit the confirm button once to move the item and twice to actually "place" the item down. So what you should be doing is hit the button once, move it to the glitch spots, then summon the sub-menu and place the item. I wonder if mouse click works the same.

Try moving further away from the wall first. Any furniture you attempt to place from the storage will automatically be put a couple feets in front of your character base on the camera view.

With all that said, I wish the housing team just caved in and let us place furniture in triple axis already... and remove all those god damn one-item-per house limitation, especially for bath tubs.
    (2)
    Last edited by SokiYagami; 11-02-2017 at 12:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Serendair Zoeva
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    In fact it is the spot sensitivity that does the trick! It worked for me with your tips @Dustytome and @SokiYagami. Thank you very much!
    (1)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast