Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Faerwyn Pyke
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 70
    Can anyone confirm it does for sure work with keyboard and mouse, or is everyone succeeding using controller commands?

I must be missing something otherwise. When I am placing a wall item from storage and I hit the Subcommands keybind, the options it gives me are Store, Remove, Enable/Disable Grid Snap and Enable/Disable Counter Placement. I don't get Place unless I change the category which doesn't seem to be part of this.

Thanks to everyone who has been helping clarify!

Edit: Never mind - the original poster on Twitter has an update that shows using keyboard and mouse. I STILL don't get Place as a subcommand even following this, but if it helps someone else, here it is.

Anyone who knows what I'm doing wrong to only get Store, not Place, hit me up

This is what my subcommands look like
    (0)
    Last edited by Isondre; 11-02-2017 at 08:02 AM.

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Isondre View Post
    This is what my subcommands look like
    It looks like the item was already placed from storage. You'll note it's not listed as a wall item in the storage window.

Loaded up the game, what I do is have the storage wall tab loaded up and then left click on the storage item, it shows in the ground in front of me with a blue haze. I left click once on that to grab it with the cursor and then I move the object onto the wall (no clicking!) and hit the hotkey (in my case numpad *) and then there should be an option to place.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dustytome; 11-02-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Faerwyn Pyke
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 70
    First of all, thanks for the continued help! I'm starting with the item in storage, but when I left click the name of the item it leaves storage and sticks in the floor.

Here is a click by click screenshot extravaganza. I feel like a crazy person!

Mine doesn't have a blue haze when it stick in the floor, though, and if I exit right then and there, the picture STAYS in the floor like it's already placed. I have no idea why it would behave differently from yours, though. It's just a single left click.

EDIT: WAIT I FIGURED IT OUT! The blue glow is Display Preview, and enabling it changes it to allow Place in the subcommands!!!!

VICTORY! I have a stage above my window! Thank you SO much.

So TL;DR for those still trying to duplicate this, you MUST have Display Preview on.
    (2)
    Last edited by Isondre; 11-02-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Ahh I see the problem, fill in the display preview box at the bottom of the storage window Just tested and without that filled in it just immediately places the object.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Soki Yagami
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Isondre View Post
    First of all, thanks for the continued help! I'm starting with the item in storage, but when I left click the name of the item it leaves storage and sticks in the floor.

Here is a click by click screenshot extravaganza. I feel like a crazy person!

Mine doesn't have a blue haze when it stick in the floor, though, and if I exit right then and there, the picture STAYS in the floor like it's already placed. I have no idea why it would behave differently from yours, though. It's just a single left click.

EDIT: WAIT I FIGURED IT OUT! The blue glow is Display Preview, and enabling it changes it to allow Place in the subcommands!!!!

VICTORY! I have a stage above my window! Thank you SO much.

So TL;DR for those still trying to duplicate this, you MUST have Display Preview on.
    Had that on since forever I forgot it's actually a thing -_-

Thanks for the info! It might just help someone out~ and congrats! XD
    (0)
    Last edited by SokiYagami; 11-02-2017 at 09:11 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lilora Sparrow
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Why would you want this? It screams obvious clipping and looks hilariously stupid.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soki Yagami
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleSparrow View Post
    Why would you want this? It screams obvious clipping and looks hilariously stupid.
    Right, because you wanting ward system just to show off your yard is fine and players who want more customization is stupid. Sure~~~
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lilora Sparrow
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SokiYagami View Post
    Right, because you wanting ward system just to show off your yard is fine and players who want more customization is stupid. Sure~~~
    The way this is done looks stupid as hell, but the fact you actually took the time to look at my recent comments is really really weird.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soki Yagami
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleSparrow View Post
    The way this is done looks stupid as hell, but the fact you actually took the time to look at my recent comments is really really weird.
    Not too sure about your definition of recent. The specific comment I mentioned was quite some time ago, at least earlier than your "positivity" thread. And just because you have a different opinion doesn't mean you have to be rude about it. I also find it amusing that you are even attempting to hint that I'm stalking your post. News flash, the world doesn't spin around you.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lilora Sparrow
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SokiYagami View Post
    Not too sure about your definition of recent. The specific comment I mentioned was quite some time ago, at least earlier than your "positivity" thread. And just because you have a different opinion doesn't mean you have to be rude about it. I also find it amusing that you are even attempting to hint that I'm stalking your post. News flash, the world doesn't spin around you.
    Yes it does. I'm a sun.

I'm not being rude. I am saying it looks stupid the way it's done in the video because that's my opinion. Just becausee you disagree does not mean that my opinion is rude. What's with the whole condescending attitude anyway?
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast