Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Dippin' Dots
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    This idea sounds like a good start to countering (or at least providing another option) to the "speed run meta" (NIN/DRG/BRD/MCH). One of the issues DRK and casters face is not being the most optimal choice. This would be a nice step in the right direction to removing that gap. Synergy was a big thing for SB when it launched. A lot of changes were made to most classes that allowed them to become more useful in a party. SMN is a good example recently with devotion become a party wide aoe. More of this would be great. Doesn't have to be new skills/spells/etc. Just overhaul 1 or 2 existing ones.
    (0)
    "Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Honestly, this makes too much sense.
    It would be so simple and fix so much.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Miep Mausi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    First of all, sorry for my sorta simple english knowledge.
    Anyways, wouldn't that be some sort of partially useful I'd say? DRK would provide a magical debuff, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see that, besides that though, DRK would still rely on others for their own slashing debuff, or did I just missed something and the Dark Knight has magical attacks in his rotations (or at all)? Started to main DRK about a week ago and havn't really put myself into heavy research about the changes from HW to SB-DRK.

Like said though, I wouldn't mind a magic resistance down skill/combo getting implemented, but the DRK should also get something out of it besides boosting casters damage. Different topic I guess (next expansion), but changing some skills from physical to magical damage maybe?
    Maybe even give him darkness spells/casts ^^
    (0)
    Last edited by MiepMausi; 02-22-2018 at 07:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Midna Lilywell
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    That would be such a great idea and would create an alternative to the speed comp meta, even making PLD/DRK as co tanks very very nice. Buffed holy spirit yes please.

I believe you'd still want BRD/NIN/DRG but at least you'd open up a new spot for casters and drk. Would make PF players less uptight about comps too!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shao Kuraisenshi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    mmmm i fear this will not change nothing on the meta, MCH and BRD offer so much dps and buffs together, a DRG help both to dealt even more dps and NIN is mandatory no mather what, RDM is weak and BLM is selfish, DRK will have to at least offer a buff of 15% to match this and probably will end to buff healers dps alone.

the way to end the acutal meta is removing the permanent dps buffs not adding more.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    It won't happen, magic damage isn't Dark Knights primary damage output and no job currently boosts a specific damage type outside of their own.

RDM makes much more sense for a 5% magic vuln debuff.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jandor; 02-22-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I'd rather go the other way and make Embolden and Brotherhood contribute universally, even if that may mean a nerf to Monk personal DPS (e.g. losing the 5% damage buff to self during its effect).

DRG provides more than enough typal niche-ing as is, even at a mere 5% Piercing Vuln now.

There are plenty of ways I'd love to see DRK buffed. This just isn't it.

I don't want to see more "Physical party" or "Mage party" schisms, especially given that they'll eventually just simplify into one option or the other... as anything that can be spread by highly opinion-stretched secondhand information and given license to invade others' choices disproportionately to the restriction's actual benefits is apt to do.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shurrikhan; 02-23-2018 at 02:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tolby Seyfert
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 70
    Well if Darkside added 20% magic damage (add some kind of darkness glow on hits for animation to attacks) instead of just adding more physical, we'd see a use for a magic vuln up or a compiling magic skill similar to wildfire for our own damage. I was of the opinion that Salted Earth was best suited for vuln up due to it being able to vuln up a group of mobs and do magic damage at the same time. 5~10% vuln up or some kind of damage compiler for its duration with vuln up and its usual damage would be a nice solo boost of dps alongside some caster synergy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shiru Elysia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I like it. Sounds easy and great.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reynhart Kristensen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandor View Post
    It won't happen, magic damage isn't Dark Knights primary damage output and no job currently boosts a specific damage type outside of their own.
    "Currently" yes, but it's not that far ago that BRD increased magic damage taken without doing magic damage themselves.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast