Character
    Jonatan Lundstrom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70

Chocobo Companion: Enhanced Accuracy

Hi!

I have been wondering about the relevancy Chocobo Companions "Enhanced Accuracy" traits. Since accuracy is no longer in the game, do these actions actually do anything anymore? Do they increase "Direct Hit" for the chocobos or are they simply useless? Do Chocobos still utilise "Accuracy"?

If the case is that it increases "Direct Hit" wouldn't it be quite simple to edit the title and text of the traits to say this instead of "Accuracy". Right now they are, to say the least, very confusing.

I apologise if this is not the right place to post this. I've never posted on this forum before.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Accuracy no longer exists when fighting mobs at your own level, above it however accuracy exists - I have no evidence but I like to believe my Choco is fairy accurate in comparison.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jonatan Lundstrom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Pence View Post
    Accuracy no longer exists when fighting mobs at your own level, above it however accuracy exists - I have no evidence but I like to believe my Choco is fairy accurate in comparison.
    Even if your speculation were to be true, it only raises more questions in my mind. For example why should our Chocobo Companions (whose usefulness is already heavily debated in the community) have 3 traits that all enhance a stat that becomes objectively irrelevant once the level cap is hit? To me that just seems a bit redundant.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuddelhund View Post
    Even if your speculation were to be true, it only raises more questions in my mind. For example why should our Chocobo Companions (whose usefulness is already heavily debated in the community) have 3 traits that all enhance a stat that becomes objectively irrelevant once the level cap is hit? To me that just seems a bit redundant.
    Because your Chocobo becomes infinitely more irrelevant at level cap. The only true use it has is levelling in the open field where you are more then likely taking down mobs above your own level.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jonatan Lundstrom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Pence View Post
    Because your Chocobo becomes infinitely more irrelevant at level cap. The only true use it has is levelling in the open field where you are more then likely taking down mobs above your own level.
    Even so, is 3 traits really necessary? Maybe keep the one in the "Defender" tree and buff it to increase accuracy by 15% and then change the others to affect "Direct Hit" or something to that degree. I feel like "Enhanced Accuracy" is especially pointless in the "Healer" tree since it doesn't affect the Chocobo's healing-capacity whatsoever.

Again this is based of the speculation that the traits still do affect "Accuracy".
    (1)
    Last edited by Snuddelhund; 10-22-2017 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Clarity

Player
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Even so, is 3 traits really necessary? Maybe keep the one in the "Defender" tree and buff it to increase accuracy by 15% and then change the others to affect "Direct Hit" or something to that degree. I feel like "Enhanced Accuracy" is especially pointless in the "Healer" tree since it doesn't affect the Chocobo's healing-capacity whatsoever.
    As a rule I'll take down anything +5 (Sometimes +6, certain jobs I'll just take on +10) levels above mine. So when I'm levelling a 60 i'll be doing hunts in Yanxia/AS. The extra accuracy is definitely necessary. There shouldn't really be a point where you only have points invested in the healing choco (or even using stances TBH)....unless you're doing it purely for glamour....at which point it doesn't matter, because you don't really care about using it.

(All of this is on the assumption that +Accuracy actually works how I say.... I feel like each post I'm convincing myself more and more it does lol)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Celenir Istarkh
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I don't think there can be any doubt that the chocobo buddy accuracy traits are just a legacy of the older model where accuracy was something you actively geared for. I think they just didn't bother changing it.

The chocobo buddy is still extremely useful when doing event FATEs.

But regardless of the subjective usefulness of the chocobo buddy, the accuracy traits (and in general the stat traits) are boring and I wouldn't mind an overhaul of the chocobo buddy abilities.
    (1)
    “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Player
    Character
    Joe Ultima
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 70
    Perhaps change Accuracy to Speed? That way it can attack/heal quicker
    (1)
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers (PWN) on Coeurl in Aether.

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I hope theyll rework our chocobo one day
    (0)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Hmmm I don't know, if you have it maxed out I really don't see an issue specially in new areas. Nice Def, Speed, and acc. You could use some food for an added boost as well. Depending on stance it works really well with the exception of healer stance. They need to be able to have a place marker for it. If your DPS it just follows you. On the other hand give it a type of LB like choco meteor would be nice.

Hi!

I have been wondering about the relevancy Chocobo Companions "Enhanced Accuracy" traits. Since accuracy is no longer in the game, do these actions actually do anything anymore? Do they increase "Direct Hit" for the chocobos or are they simply useless? Do Chocobos still utilise "Accuracy"?

If the case is that it increases "Direct Hit" wouldn't it be quite simple to edit the title and text of the traits to say this instead of "Accuracy". Right now they are, to say the least, very confusing.

I apologise if this is not the right place to post this. I've never posted on this forum before.
    By the way what level is your chocobo? if it's low level and your playing in new content then common sense would say it may lack abilities.
    (0)
    Last edited by ManuelBravo; 11-01-2017 at 10:41 PM. Reason: characeter limit