Player
    Character
    Aelda Schuvorther
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zojha View Post
    Until every tank/healer has taken 2 DPS with them and there's still a DPS surplus left that has to ask their tank/healer 'friends' to work overtime. Of course, they'll also have to wait until they're out of the dungeon from their last trip.

I really want to see the miracle math behind some people's statements.
    You have 210 tanks, 230 healers and 560 DPS, every group has 1 healer, 1 tank and 2 DPS, group those people into premades so that nobody needs to wait. GO! You got one week to solve it.
    Hmm… those numbers seem familiar…
    http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/tekitou_matome-sss/imgs/8/1/810b43c8.jpg

I see, you took the 2016 census and applied a population to it. Crafty you!

OK, to answer your question:
    You can actually get everyone into a static!
    Are you ready for this?
    • We have 210 Tanks
    • 230 Healers
    • 560 DPS (lets split that up into 280 DPS for two slots)
    That is a total of 1,000 players.

Now how can we make this so that everyone has a static?

Well, 1,000/4 is 250. So, we will need 250 people in each slot.

At the moment, none of the roles meets the requirement according to this census. There are 60 more DPS than what is needed, 40 tanks short, and 20 healers short.

We have a surplus of 60 DPS that can change roles. Have them fill the remaining spots needed.
    Now you have 250 for each slot. So that the DPS who had to change roles do not feel like they got shafted, the other static party members should switch to tank or healer so that the sacrifice can play DPS.

There, statics for all.
    (5)

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Zojha View Post
    Until every tank/healer has taken 2 DPS with them and there's still a DPS surplus left that has to ask their tank/healer 'friends' to work overtime. Of course, they'll also have to wait until they're out of the dungeon from their last trip.

I really want to see the miracle math behind some people's statements.
    You have 210 tanks, 230 healers and 560 DPS, every group has 1 healer, 1 tank and 2 DPS, group those people into premades so that nobody needs to wait. GO! You got one week to solve it.
    *applauds and laughs*

-Neph
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Megumin Lensflare
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Gives me time to do my daily turn in for crafts, beast quest, checking retainers and cat pot. By then the dungeon will usually pop. So no issues on my side atm
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Yuella Davilles
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    change Light Party dungeons to 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 DPS like WoW's 5-man dungeons (while keeping 8 and 24 men contents)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Elon Musk-
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 53
    POTD is made for DPS alts, yes it's boring but that's why the exp is also much better.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    M'leineya Leoh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I remember it being like this back in ARR. It's a kick in the teeth when not only are you stuck in the queue for sometimes even an hour, but the tanks not only get an instant group often always get the commendations AND bonus exp/gil/currency. 99% of the time the duty roulette rewards tanks, the other 1% being healers. What about us poor DPS who are sat waiting in a queue and having to tie knots or stick corks in our you-know-whats in fear that a 30 second toilet break is all it takes for us to miss a duty invite and get thrown back at the end of the queue?
    (0)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 10-25-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Player
    Character
    M'leineya Leoh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuella View Post
    change Light Party dungeons to 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 DPS like WoW's 5-man dungeons (while keeping 8 and 24 men contents)
    That would break the game and annoy a lot of people. You can't just designate 5 people to only do light parties, they'd have to remake all full party and alliances to work on a factor of 5 to balance things and to keep that balance right they'd have to introduce more tanks, healers, and even more DPS classes.

But let's just say that SE does this. At present FFXIV has 3 jobs that can tank, 3 that can heal, and 9 that can DPS. WoW has 6 that can tank, 6 that can heal, and 24 that can DPS. SE would have to match that number with 3 more tank jobs, 3 more healer jobs, and 15 more DPS jobs. That's more than double the number of DPS already in the game and certainly isn't going to solve the issue of massive DPS queues since most players prefer to DPS than tank or heal due to it being less pressure, more simpler, and more quicker to kill things than if they donned tanking or healing gear.
    (1)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 10-25-2017 at 09:16 PM.

Player
    Character
    Blue Bird
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I'm sure it's been suggested. They should really borrow what other MMOs are doing, and put in experience tomes which you can use to earn EXP on another job that you're leveling.

How to get such tomes? Make it so that doing expert and leveling roulettes gives you the ability to speak to an NPC and get a tome which will increase your level by 1. Easy. So 2 dungeons = 1 level up for a lower-level job.

This will instantly balance the amount of tanks/healers/DPS on the queues, and max-level characters will have a reason to do expert/leveling roulettes.

"Oh, but but then we will have a bunch of high-level players who don't even know how to play their job!" Seriously, if anyone so much as attempts to use this as an argument, I will make them look like the biggest idiot in these forums. Because it's stupid. So please don't.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Thoosa Starburst
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    What if they created new 5 people dungeons, would that help?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'leineya Leoh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoosa View Post
    What if they created new 5 people dungeons, would that help?
    I think it would be a tech-veto. The game recognizes a light party as being 4 players and a full party as 8 players.
    (0)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast