Scholar Lv 70

Basic Video Guide to Dragoon

Heya PVP Community,

I decided today I'd make a basic video guide to Dragoon in PVP. It covers:

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Basic Combo Usage / Utility
    Positioning
    etc.

Let me know if you have any problems with it. Thanks in advance for watching!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_7X6lJRcZY
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Geryth Drayfore
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Great video, thanks for sharing! A couple things I'll note:

The pre-game battle waggle is absolutely necessary for success. It also instills fear into the bots of the other teams that you know what you're doing and are going to punch some faces in.

In your early chase scene, after the kill you're supposed to say WORTH IT! And then you say, "Okay so actually don't do that."

This is a great combat guide for Dragoon. You keep good positioning and use your maneuverability quite well. In that vacuum, this is excellent advice. The only thing combat related I'd like to see in a video like this is an explanation of the core of a Dragoon's burst. Even though it's "dumbed down" PvP, Dragoon manages to retain quite a level of complexity in the interaction between jumps and Eye of the Dragon and Geirskogul/Nastrond. I think it would behoove someone trying to learn Dragoon to understand that jumps give eye stacks and Geirskogul and Nastrond go back and forth, and Nastrond is a Dragoon's strongest single attack - so combining it with their other instants is a great way to burst someone down. Now in Frontlines, most of the time, you're playing a positioning dance which is crucial as a melee, and most of the time you aren't going to be getting off those burst combos except on ice. Which brings me to my next point:

In Frontlines, a Dragoon offers incredible, sustained damage on ice. Melee should really focus on getting ice points whenever convenient. Standing in the middle of three teams fighting it out is actually very hard for a melee to be successful in, and often times a melee's greatest contribution to the team is in racking up ice points. Since ice have magic resist, the magic based jobs should focus on zoning out enemies and getting picks or sleeping opponents damage dealers, clearing the way for melee to safely hammer on ice.

Overall, a great video on Dragoon combat techniques for Frontlines.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Geryth View Post
    Snip
    Missed the term basic video guide.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Garza Himura
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I appreciate this feedback. I actually forgot I posted the video on this page and hadn't been back to check it until now. Thanks a ton for the feedback and I'll try to work this information into later guides I do covering Dragoon. I'm slowly working my way through the classes one by one, trying to get basic guides out that I'll be adding onto until I have them learned at a more advanced or intermediate level (And hopefully, so too will my viewers learn the classes at an advanced or intermediate level.)

Anyway, like I said, thanks so much for the feedback.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gravton Pentest
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    I thought it was a solid guide. I have some feedback though.

I saw in your vid description that it took time to get some decent footage. Your guide videos should act more like a highlight reel. Piece together footage that shows the concepts your trying to explain. Look at other pve job guides. They show and explain the rotation on a dummy. Show your rotation on a dummy then show a snip of a highlight doing it in practice. Also, explain your standard rotation and your finisher/burst rotation. Every job has one. I don't know much about drg pvp but jump+piercing talon is a strong snipe/finisher.

If your looking to be the "Mr. Happy" of pvp (that would be cool cause we need one) then you can use the un-edited footage as content. Highlight reel, gameplay, other guides, etc. For example, the first kill on your vid. You said "you shouldn't do this". Well you should. That footage showed a highlight to put on your highlight reel, rotation for a drg guide, and an example of what not to do for a frontlines guide. One last thing is the animations, there was far to many effects going on and I couldn't really see you when you got in the thick. Also, more voice. Most people watch while playing so adding your voice with the writing would be helpful.

These are more tips for you as a creator though and not the guide itself. It was good, keep them coming.
    (1)
    Last edited by Gravton; 11-21-2017 at 08:17 AM.

Player
    Character
    Garza Himura
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Thanks a ton for the feedback. I know it probably just sounds like an automated message of me saying that but I promise it isn't. All of the information you're giving me helps me improve what I'm putting out. I'll make sure for my guides going forward that I take this idea into mind.

The reason I hadn't been just putting snippets together is because I wanted to show the authenticity, but I think you're right in the fact that it'd be easier for me to just snip and clip things together to make coherent footage. Thanks again for the advice and I'll do my best to put together better videos in the future.
    (1)