Player
    Character
    Keridwyn Maeve
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Skivvy View Post
    Looking at it up close, it looks like the brown base of the partition / white plaster, although I could be wrong. At this point I think I will just have to settle for something else, although the partitions would have been waaay cheaper. lol
    It's actually the bottom of the wall planters themselves. I used to run a similar set up with my tank and that's what they looked like. The tricky part is making sure when you free float them they're well away from any walls because otherwise they'll snap right too them no matter how they look before you exit the housing interface.

As for the brown part, would you believe me if I told you that was the back of the eorzean map because I'm fairly certain that's what they're using. I could totally be wrong and it could be something else but I've seen them used as false partitions before for just that reason.
    (0)

Character
    Beckard Arseneau
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    What in the heck is going on here???

https://housingsnap.com/1830

Did they glitch under the house, or something?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alexandre Hanrieaux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    On top of the house actually, inside the ceiling.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Soki Yagami
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    So someone found a new glitch to place furniture on a tabletop surface. It's similar to the wall trick but you will need a non-table furniture with a table surface to work:

https://twitter.com/lillalulilla/sta...73007150264320

Update: Play around with it for a bit, it seems like the only furnishing (among those I have at the moment) with a table surface is the Lalafellin Step Stool. Also, it appears that not all furniture will stay afloat, sadly the popoto NPC vendor isn't one of them T-T
    (0)
    Last edited by SokiYagami; 01-01-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tauri Surion
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70

baffled

can you explain how the furnishing on a non table surface glitch works? I have my lallafel step stool and in the link it looks like manor instruments should be doable, but no joy. Nothing I try will place on top of the step stool.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soki Yagami
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_Surion View Post
    can you explain how the furnishing on a non table surface glitch works? I have my lallafel step stool and in the link it looks like manor instruments should be doable, but no joy. Nothing I try will place on top of the step stool.
    Haven't been checking back to this thread for some time. I'm currently outside, will double check and post back later.

update:

Just went back to double check, it works similarly to the loft trick listed by Jey in this thread, except you place tabletop items on the Lalafellin Step Stool. As for which item works and doesn't... it's kind of hit and miss. I've tested two Manor instruments, the Manor Harpsichord failed while the Manor Marching Horn work.

Also, I've found something rather interesting. When you tried this trick on the NPC vendor, it will initially appear as though it clipped through the stool the first time you exit the housing menu, but once you re-enter the housing instance, they will be standing on the stool. In the above image, even though the lalafell NPC is standing on the ground, but once I go into the housing menu:

You will see that the "NPC shadow" is actually floating. So the actual tri-axis data is actually saved correctly. So once I put the stool beneath it and re-enter the housing instance:

It go prop back up again. I suppose this has to do with the auto-snap to parallel surface issue that exist since the floating trick was first discovered, except that before this the item that got auto-snapped will have it's axis data modify, while for the retainer's case it still got preserved even when it auto-snapped. Odd.

TL;DR: the way to do this trick is similar to the loft trick listed by Jey in this thread, except you just place tabletop items on the Lalafellin Step Stool. Need to trial and error to see what item stays afloat. Just remember to turn on "Display Preview" setting.

Also.... WE CAN NOW PUT THE LALAFELL VENDOR NPCS ON THE STOOL!!!!!
    (3)
    Last edited by SokiYagami; 01-14-2018 at 11:13 PM.

Player
    Character
    Milloux Allard
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 80
    Now if only there was an item it worked with that was the same height as the stages. ;.;

Amazing find, though!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sorencia Sicarius
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    This thread is amazeballs! That being said, I'm still having trouble figuring out how people are floating furniture in the middle of the room (or further away from structures) - I don't mean the shelf floating glitch, I'm talking about floating floor-bound stuff in the air like a bookshelf, away from the wall. Does anyone have something that can show me how to do that?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alexandre Hanrieaux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I had a moment to log on and attempt the storage wall mounted item bug and it no longer works. I mean it was an obvious error to begin with, when you wanted to place a wall mounted object instead it would place whatever was on the top of the storage furnishing list. Yeah, that lovely bug. It's gone now it seems. I don't know if I want to relocate knowing all of the stuff I meticulously placed will never be able to go where I had put it before. ...But then again goblet vs shirogane. lol.

I hope I'm wrong though, someone please prove me wrong.
    (0)
    Last edited by Acilith; 01-30-2018 at 10:25 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sa'niquel Amrita
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Acilith View Post

I hope I'm wrong though, someone please prove me wrong.
    No, unfortunately you are not wrong.

Instead of fixing the issue of being able to go outside of the house (out of bounds) they simply took away ONE of the ways to get out of bounds.

In short, we lost our glitch, a glitch that was a great relief because it allowed us some means of being more creative (to make up for this extremely limiting and flawed housing system) and yet you can still go out of bounds.

Maybe you cant put more furniture out of bounds, but we suffer because that's the way the devs decided to ''fix'' it.
    (3)

Masamune ♡ SGD ♡ Australia
    My DA / FFXIV SS Glamours - http://tinyurl.com/mvmdebr

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast