Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Cordilla Aeros
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I was able to successfully get under my stairs in my medium Mist house, but I've seen to run into another issue. Am I not able to clip partitions through the weird stacked box looking side of the stairs?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Meru Maru
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Mepplin View Post
    Thanks for those tips. I just realised that those pillows have collision... Are there already any "hidden" treasure rooms? (Like creating a slim room as the bedroom with an L sized fish tank in it and 4*3 pillows "on top" of it, two pillows in the back being lowered to serve as very simple stairs? Do posters have any collision?)
    You can already walk on top of a the large fishtanks, it's just a matter of getting up there.

I used to have a hidden office in my old FC house. It turns out the Demon Wall doesn't have any collision so I just used it as a portal.

Most mounted housing objects don't have collision though. Off the top of my head I can only think of the zabutons, book stacks, Fool's Portal (one way), Stained Glass (one way as well as the top edge), Pumpkin Stack, larger fishtanks...
    I remember using a riviera wall shelf and the encyclopedia in an old jump puzzle but that was sketchy collision at best.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Meru Maru
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordilla View Post
    I was able to successfully get under my stairs in my medium Mist house, but I've seen to run into another issue. Am I not able to clip partitions through the weird stacked box looking side of the stairs?
    There is always going to be hard limits on how far you can clip, like pillars or existing walls - you'd have to be able to get the camera inside of those to bypass that (good luck).
    Going under just opens up that region under the stairs for placement and removes a bit of dead zone outside.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ferna Dancetwist
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeykama View Post
    I don't take credit for discovering any of these glitches but everyone with a house/apartment should know about them.

Floating Glitch
    Storage Glitch
    Getting under the Staircase
    Moving False Windows
    Sit and Doze posing on different surfaces

Also, throw me a line if I'm missing anything specific!
    The Storeroom function was probably the best thing SE has added for decorators this year The tricks you pointed out here look really neat and we're definitely going to experiment with them a bunch more on our projects!

If you're interested, our FC started putting together a decorating series this spring to catalog tricks like these in more detail and find out all the governing mechanics behind them:
    [GUIDE] House Decorator's Guide: Improve Your Style I
    Has more insights into the floating and sit/sleep tricks, plus a new trick for repositioning floating decorations from afar
    [GUIDE] House Decorator's Guide: Improve Your Style II
    Has more uses for the wall-snap trick, plus new techniques you might like for placing decorations upside-down or repositioning wall-mounted ones (including windows) from any angle
    Feel free to use any information you want from these as long as you credit! Now that Shirogane is finally out, we're planning to put together a winter article exploring some of the new features you pointed out here, along with a bunch of other ones we've discovered that still seem to be relatively unknown. We'll be sure to credit this thread in return as well!
    (0)
    Last edited by Dancetwist; 10-29-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ferna Dancetwist
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Mepplin View Post
    Thanks for those tips. I just realised that those pillows have collision... Are there already any "hidden" treasure rooms? (Like creating a slim room as the bedroom with an L sized fish tank in it and 4*3 pillows "on top" of it, two pillows in the back being lowered to serve as very simple stairs? Do posters have any collision?)
    It's been pretty difficult to find collidable tabletops or wall-mounted items in the past, but Stormblood added a ton of new ones to look at! I took a quick screenshot of some of the collidable objects we found as good options for our latest Shirogane decorating project:

You can also use some wall shelves that have collision (they can be a bit buggy for characters), or just build your secret area using tables and partitions at floor level.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rymmrael Bhaldraelwyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    So, I just encountered the weirdest glitch while using the trick to snap windows to partitions.

The two imitation oblong windows I was using snapped to the partition normally, but when moving the partition into place, they both disappeared. When I noticed it, I immediately snapped the partition to the floor where I was but they didn't reappear. I closed the furniture interaction interface and one of them reappeared, still stuck in place on the partition. Went back to check the wall it had been on before and still nothing. After freaking out for a few seconds, I opened my furniture interface again and checked the list of placed items and, sure enough, the window was still listed. When I tried to target it I got the 'that item is out of your line of sight' error message. So I tried to right-click to store it and got a new error- 'that item is beyond your field of vision.' So I wandered through my house, clicking on the store button, hoping that I'd eventually find the sweet spot where I could interact with it. I got all the way down to my basement and clicked on it and it finally let me target it. I looked around and didn't see it until I finally looked up and there it was, sticking half way out of the ceiling, right under where I put the partition down.

I probably should have screenshot it, but at that moment I was so relieved I just dropped it immediately into my storage. I know we are taking advantage of a glitch to do this cool stuff in our houses and I am willing to live with any bad consequences that stem from it, but I just wanted to warn people of what happened to me and hopefully help them to fix it if they encounter the same problem.

Happy decorating!
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rymm View Post
    After freaking out for a few seconds, I opened my furniture interface again and checked the list of placed items and, sure enough, the window was still listed. When I tried to target it I got the 'that item is out of your line of sight' error message. So I tried to right-click to store it and got a new error- 'that item is beyond your field of vision.'
    I ran into that error a couple times myself. Still wishing they'd just let us place things where we want without the glitching stuff. I spent two hours just figuring out how to place windows in the correct spot (and then someone accidentally sent one to storage). They don't quite line up how I'd like but I get tired of just barely moving the mouse, checking the alignment from the other side, unsnapping multiple objects that latched on to the partition and adjusting all over again. I want to be able to place it where I want it, adjust the numbers directly as needed and move on to do something else.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zajeel Zugunruhe
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    https://imgur.com/a/E9g1b

upstairs oasis bed placement in goblet
    (for positioning purposes to ensure you get it correct)

downstairs riviera bed placement in goblet

context to see where my beds are placed for success

go close to the wall outside, /doze and it will work if bed is facing this way or sideways

i had trouble finding the right spot for downstairs bed placing under the stairs, so i managed to get this done first. jump on bed then /doze to sneak under from the side

in like flynn
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Faerwyn Pyke
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 68
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeykama View Post
    Also, throw me a line if I'm missing anything specific!
    Thank you so much for compiling this -- have you figured out the non-tabletop float trick yet?

Update - I figured it out, and the original JP poster who found the trick has an english language update with mouse for those interested. It's in the thread I linked.
    (0)
    Last edited by Isondre; 11-02-2017 at 09:40 AM.

Player
    Character
    Meru Maru
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Isondre View Post
    Thank you so much for compiling this -- have you figured out the non-tabletop float trick yet?

Update - I figured it out, and the original JP poster who found the trick has an english language update with mouse for those interested. It's in the thread I linked.
    I've been messing around refining it and should have it added to the post pretty soon. Thanks for bringing it up!
    (0)

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast