Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks SE...

Player

Thanks SE...

For further alienating your remaining and dwindling player base. This morning I wake up to find that I've been charged $47.94 to my credit card. This in itself is not a big deal. However, it is a big deal when I already went to my account and made the available billing changes necessary so that a previously existing Crysta balance of 10,000 Crysta should have been subtracted from for the restart of billing today instead of charging my credit card.

Now, I called SE customer support and was literally on the phone with them for an hour and a half to try and get them to reverse the charge and all they did was give me the run around. I opened 5 service tickets with them. Then when I'd finally had enough with having my intelligence insulted by their rude CS agents, I told them fine, if they acted like they couldn't do anything to remedy the situation I would just call and dispute it with my CC company.

So what was their retort? "Sir if you do that your account will be banned and you won't be able to play FFXIV." At that point I was just like. "Fine, your CS department obviously doesn't know how to handle customers and I guess that's what I'll have to do to get this transaction reversed."

Bottom line is, they need to streamline their billing into one unified system instead of all this third-party crap. This was an error on their part, not mine and I should have been refunded instantly, instead of threatened with an account ban for attempting to get money back that shouldn't have been charged in the first place...SE if you know what's good for you, you'll train your CS agents a little better and make it easier for the customers to be billed or you're going to be in deep ish down the line...more so than you already are in terms of this game's population.

Sorry for this rant since I don't normally come to the forums to do this, but just wanted everyone to have yet another example of why SE sometimes has a bad reputation with its customer base.
    (25)
    Last edited by Saturn_Swiftfoot; 01-07-2012 at 03:32 AM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn_Swiftfoot View Post
    For further alienating your remaining and dwindling player base. This morning I wake up to find that I've been charged $47.94 to my credit card. This in itself is not a big deal. However, it is a big deal when I already went to my account and made the available billing changes necessary so that a previously existing Crysta balance of 10,000 Crysta should have been subtracted from for the restart of billing today instead of charging my credit card.

Now, I called SE customer support and was literally on the phone with them for an hour and a half to try and get them to reverse the charge and all they did was give me the run around. I opened 5 service tickets with them. Then when I'd finally had enough with having my intelligence insulted by their rude CS agents, I told them fine, if they acted like they couldn't do anything to remedy the situation I would just call and dispute it with my CC company.

So what was their retort? "Sir if you do that your account will be banned and you won't be able to play FFXIV." At that point I was just like. "Fine, your CS department obviously doesn't know how to handle customers and I guess that's what I'll have to do to get this transaction reversed."

Bottom line is, they need to streamline their billing into one unified system instead of all this third-party crap. This was an error on their part, not mine and I should have been refunded instantly, instead of threatened with an account ban for attempting to get money back that shouldn't have been charged in the first place...SE if you know what's good for you, you'll train your CS agents a little better and make it easier for the customers to be billed or you're going to be in deep ish down the line...more so than you already are in terms of this game's population.

Sorry for this rant since I don't normally come to the forums to do this, but just wanted everyone to have yet another example of why SE sometimes has a bad reputation with its customer base.
    Did you know to be a customer support rep for SE you are not even required to have ANY college exp at all?
    (5)
    I have 8 crafts at 50. All I did was watch T.V. and spam standard for easy mode synths. Enjoy leveling those crafts in 1.19 and beyond everyone!

Player
    Character
    Roric Sinwolf
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I got billed for 3600 crysta but they never gave it to me. You're not the only one having problems with their billing.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kanikou Escaflowne
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana View Post
    Did you know to be a customer support rep for SE you are not even required to have ANY college exp at all?
    Did you know, a CSR for any company is basically the same as you're following a script 99% of the time and knowing how to read doesn't take a college degree?
    (7)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Jennestia View Post
    Did you know, a CSR for any company is basically the same as you're following a script 99% of the time and knowing how to read doesn't take a college degree?
    No I didnt know that. Good to know tho!
    (4)
    I have 8 crafts at 50. All I did was watch T.V. and spam standard for easy mode synths. Enjoy leveling those crafts in 1.19 and beyond everyone!

Player
    Character
    Geesus Ravenheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    This one of the first companies I have ever had such issues with making payments too. They are forEVER having all their billing through a 3rd party. I know other companies do this but at least it works.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennestia View Post
    This is true, even if you have a problem with a PC you bought, the CSR from the store (if you phone them) hardly knows anything about PCs, when you tell them whats wrong they just read what you should do from a script, like "make sure the vents arent blocked" or "dont use a laptop on a bed".

Hell one time when I had a problem with my laptop because of heat the rep (this was in store) couldnt even spell heat sink right (lol heatsync), and he was supposed to be an "expert".

Just a lil addition to this.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alphard Alshua
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Did you actually set the payment method as crysta?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Xelsiar Lionheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    So, I also had to pay $48 on click and buy for 6 months, WHICH, was suppose to be around $28. I will be calling customer support as well. I'm tired of mistake after mistake, and we as players keep getting told just wait till it gets better. I honestly, feel after saying that billing would be put into service now for over 2 months, they would have this change over handled at a reasonable level without any pain. AND it looks like I was totally wrong....

Xel
    (2)

Character
    Vackashken Zuth
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturn_Swiftfoot View Post

Wow... just wow. I would have been in a rage.
    (3)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast