Player
    Character
    Lengue Nairel
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80

Elezen Wildwood Lore help

Well, my GF is changeing to a elezen wildwood... so that say, she wanna know everything about her new race... can you guys help me with that? thanks in advance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hayley Westenra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/a_rea...content?elezen

Also there is lore given when you go to the Character Creation screen on Elezen. I made my main character a Midlander Hyur, but then Fantasia'd into the Wildwood Elezen. I may keep her that way. I like how elegant she looks in gear. The Lore Book also has a ton more information on the Elezen.
    (1)

Character
    Kerwin Nindon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lengue Nairel
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    thanks for the quick answer, https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/a_rea...content?elezen this link is not working, and I was thinking in something more "official" like some scans or quotes from the Enncyclopedia Eorzea.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Try the European version then: https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/a_rea...content?elezen (that is the official information on the Lodestone - I just tried that link and it worked for me). Sadly I lack the lorebook so I have no idea what is listed in that, but I presume it would simply elaborate further on the info from the website.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yuella Davilles
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    http://amdapori.tumblr.com/post/1520...81/elezen-lore

here's screenshots of the lore book on Elezen
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Autumn Vale
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    It would be prudent to know that just about everything to do with Elezen in game is pretty much Wildwood Lore, the Duskwights are heinously under-represented in game to the point where you can count the number of named ones on your hands.
    The good thing about that though is anything termed as "Elezen" is likely just Wildwood, so it'll be easy to find lore on them.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Faire Eravyn
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    One thing that is equally important to the lore of the race itself would be where she comes from, Roleplaying wise. The two primary locations for Wildwood Elezen are Coerthas/Ishgard and The Black Shroud/Gridania, which have very different cultures. Eorzeans tend to connect Wildwood Elezen with The Shroud (hence the name Wildwood) but there is a very large (~70% of the City-State) group of them in Ishgard as well. Regardless of area though, the Wildwoods (and Elezen in general) are known for their pride and love of sophisticated culture and art. Whether they be the classical musical traditions of Gridania or the grand architecture of Ishgard, that remains the same.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by CaesarCV View Post
    One thing that is equally important to the lore of the race itself would be where she comes from, Roleplaying wise. The two primary locations for Wildwood Elezen are Coerthas/Ishgard and The Black Shroud/Gridania, which have very different cultures. Eorzeans tend to connect Wildwood Elezen with The Shroud (hence the name Wildwood) but there is a very large (~70% of the City-State) group of them in Ishgard as well. Regardless of area though, the Wildwoods (and Elezen in general) are known for their pride and love of sophisticated culture and art. Whether they be the classical musical traditions of Gridania or the grand architecture of Ishgard, that remains the same.
    Actually the division between Wildwood and Duskwight Elezen is a purely Gridanian thing that stems from the time the Elezen inhabiting the Black Shroud lived underground in Gelmorra.
    The Elezen in Ishgard is a separate group that didn't have that divide. Physically there is likely very little difference between an Ishgard Elezen and a Wildwood one though.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Faire Eravyn
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    There's kind of a back and forth on that one unfortunately, even in the Lorebook itself. The Ishgardian Elezen are called Wildwoods in the races section, but in the racial distribution of Ishgard they are listed as "Ishgardian Elezen" instead. That might just be relating to the fact that a lage portion of them have draconic blood though. Traditionally they are considered Wildwoods to some extent (it's mentioned that they have the closest ties with Gridania for that reason) but with the Duskwights things get complicated. Clan differences get even more complicated when you consider calamities and when the clans split from one another, but that's a whole can of worms I'm not sure I want to get into.
    (5)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast