Player
    Character
    Chloe Grace
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80

Quick Synthesis BS

If I wanted HQ, I'd run the synth manually. Quick Synth is for mass crafting as a convenience.
    I can successfully complete some synths 100% of the time using only careful II. Yet, quick synthesis still has failures.

SE needs to fix this crap.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Kagura Vega
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ChloeGrace View Post
    If I wanted HQ, I'd run the synth manually. Quick Synth is for mass crafting as a convenience.
    I can successfully complete some synths 100% of the time using only careful II. Yet, quick synthesis still has failures.

SE needs to fix this crap.
    And what gear are you running? Since patch I've only failed around 2/95 or so each Quick synth batch.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chloe Grace
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaurhz View Post
    And what gear are you running?
    It's absolutely meaningless what gear I'm using. If I can manually complete a synth 100% of the time, I should be able to quick synth it without fail as well.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    In my mind "Quick Synthesis" implies not being as careful and cutting some corners to get stuff done quicker then you really should. And if youre using your skills(and only care about completion and not HQ) then you can guarantee manual completion of synths well above your level fairly easily. And plus, most of the dedicated crafters can complete the 0 star level 70 recipes(if not harder) with full quality going from normal mats 100% of the time - so should they be able to QS up a full stack of HQs too?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Chloe Grace
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizze View Post
    In my mind "Quick Synthesis" implies...
    So you're making an incorrect assumption based on the name of the ability.
    Yeah, I could waste 90 minutes and macro synth a stack of HQ crap, or SE could fix their broken crafting system and let me NQ a stack without breaks in 5 minutes because I can still HQ 100% of the synths that use said material.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xystel Unaki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quick Synthesis is intended to be just that, quick. You sacrifice quality for time. Just because you're too lazy to manually hit that synthesis button doesn't mean its broken.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizze View Post
    In my mind "Quick Synthesis" implies not being as careful and cutting some corners to get stuff done quicker then you really should. And if youre using your skills(and only care about completion and not HQ) then you can guarantee manual completion of synths well above your level fairly easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaki View Post
    Quick Synthesis is intended to be just that, quick. You sacrifice quality for time. Just because you're too lazy to manually hit that synthesis button doesn't mean its broken.
    But guys, we're already WAYYYY above the stats needed to make those items, and yet we're still seeing failure sometimes there with quicksyn. It's really quite a pain in the neck, don't you think? Doesn't it bother you? It bothers me... not a great extent, but it does bother me.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Honestly? No, it doesnt bother me at all. Ive already got way more money then i could ever use plus a house. I dont craft things just to make them or in hopes of selling them. I craft to order only(either when i need something for myself or a friend, or when i see a call for a crafter via chat/PF). I never have and likely never will use the quick system. *shrug*
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimie_Tsukino View Post
    But guys, we're already WAYYYY above the stats needed to make those items, and yet we're still seeing failure sometimes there with quicksyn.
    If you're seeing fails, then you're not WAYYYY above the stat requirement to remove any fails. Quicksynthing success is based on gear, possibly just craftsmanship. Get enough of that, and you'll stop seeing fails.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezerius View Post
    If you're seeing fails, then you're not WAYYYY above the stat requirement to remove any fails. Quicksynthing success is based on gear, possibly just craftsmanship. Get enough of that, and you'll stop seeing fails.
    When I first did that item, I was level 68 with 900-ish craftsmanship. I am now level 70 with 1453 craftsmanship, and I'm still failing it. Sorry, but I really do consider 1453 WAYYYY above the stats requirement to make that item!

Quicksyn failure was supposed to be something to prevent people from crafting something above their own levels, not to prevent level 70s from crafting level 68 items!

It's not a game-breaking issue, but it's just annoying and pointless.
    (3)

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

11. 10-21-2017 06:37 PM

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast