Player
    Character
    Ziggy Zaps
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezerius View Post
    If you're seeing fails, then you're not WAYYYY above the stat requirement to remove any fails. Quicksynthing success is based on gear, possibly just craftsmanship. Get enough of that, and you'll stop seeing fails.
    Pretty sure it is item level based. There was no noticeable difference in quick synth failure rate by going from 1150 to 1650 craftsmanship. Though only 100 quick synths were tested for each value so I can't really say for certain.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimie_Tsukino View Post
    When I first did that item, I was level 68 with 900-ish craftsmanship. I am now level 70 with 1453 craftsmanship, and I'm still failing it. Sorry, but I really do consider 1453 WAYYYY above the stats requirement to make that item!
    Which is why I said gear or craftsmanship.

From what I remember, SE never specified when they changed the quicksynth success rate to be based on gear.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Which is why I said gear or craftsmanship.

From what I remember, SE never specified when they changed the quicksynth success rate to be based on gear.
    When I first crafted these level 58 recipes, I was wearing Ironworks gear which was i190. My ilevel was probably around i191. Now my ilevel is ~300. That's +100 more ilevels, and i'm still failing quicksyn! You still think this is gear-related?

If it is not based on gear nor craftsmanship, but crafter's level vs recipe level, then we will never be able overcome this failure issue until the next expansion! LOL!

Whether it is based on gear ilevel, craftsmanship or crafter's level, it still doesn't justify why we should fail "sometimes".

Once again, I don't think it affects that much of the game, but it is an obvious pain in the neck that cannot justify its existence at our gear level/craftsmanship/class level.
    (2)

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    When I first did that item, I was level 68 with 900-ish craftsmanship. I am now level 70 with 1453 craftsmanship, and I'm still failing it. Sorry, but I really do consider 1453 WAYYYY above the stats requirement to make that item!
    When you do it manually, can you create the item in just one or two steps? If not, you are probably not good enough to use Quicksynth without risking failures.
    And a level 70 character making a level 68 item? That is close enough in level that I would not expect Quicksynth to be without failure.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I think you're making an incorrect assumption that manual crafting is solely for HQing.
    Sometimes it's needed to guarantee your craft is successfully done.
    (0)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    You still think this is gear-related?.
    Uh, yes? SE literally changed it so gear would affect success rate, during ARR. This isn't some made-up thing. However, they didn't specify what that meant. iLvl? Craftsmanship? A combination of all the stats on the gear?

Back in ARR, I used to quicksynth Undyed Felt. Before the change, it wasn't rare to see 10+ fails for every stack of 99. After the change, it stopped failing completely.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ariane Claudel
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    One time during 3.0, I tried using almost all the +spirit bond accessories to SB the moghome vendor gear faster. It made me fail a bunch of quicksynths so I took them off and never tried that again. That made me think it was based on ilvl because accessories have little/no craftmanship on them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Looking back through the ARR patches, the 2.16 notes had this listed:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...91ba3f787720f1
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Looking back through the ARR patches, the 2.16 notes had this listed:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...91ba3f787720f1
    Hmm... ok... interesting, even CP counts...
    (0)

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Player
    Character
    Akira Yukino
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by ChloeGrace View Post
    If I wanted HQ, I'd run the synth manually.
    So many times I wish there was a checkbox for "auto convert HQ results to NQ" or something like that. If you're really tight on inventory space, those unexpected HQs can cancel a quick synth removing about the only thing it is good for... automating multiple low level items.

But, yeah, I agree that it's a pain to get to the unknown point at which you stop failing. My general rule is I don't quick-synth anything less than 10 levels below me, and even then, I'd probably not try to quick-synth starred level 60 crafts. If they would at least display what your success rate is, I think that would avoid a lot of the headache with this system.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast