Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90

Misleading mechanic name for the final boss of the Royal City of Rabanastre.

I feel as though Argath's Divine Command: Scatter rather strongly implies that you need to spread out/stack depending on whether or not he uses Mask of Truth/Lies beforehand, when you're actually supposed to just be moving/not moving.

The Japanese version words it as "Continue to move", which makes it a lot more obvious that it has nothing to do with positioning.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Haruna Astir
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Oh, oops. I wish I had seen this thread before creating my own about this same exact thing. Sorry, mods, for the repost.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Claire Pendragon
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Actually incorrect it also means "Dont act" or "Do act".
    you can cast instant spells during scatter, but blue face scatter u will get penalized if ur casting spells while sitting still.

But if ur casting spells durrinbg scatter, and not moving, then ull get penalized as well.
    (0)
    CLAIRE PENDRAGON

Player
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire_Pendragon View Post
    you can cast instant spells during scatter, but blue face scatter u will get penalized if ur casting spells while sitting still.

But if ur casting spells durrinbg scatter, and not moving, then ull get penalized as well.
    Wait. What. Huh.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire_Pendragon View Post

That actually makes the mechanic's description even more misleading then I initially thought, because it implies that it's strictly movement/positioning based.

And yeah, I noticed that the mechanic basically functions identically to Exdeath's void-empowered Blizzard/Fire III when it's truth/lies respectively in my most recent run when I got penalized for shooting at him while standing still.
    (0)
    Last edited by KageTokage; 10-24-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Haruna Astir
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Yep, it's been like Churn in my experience, though with somehow different timing.
    (0)

7. 12-06-2017 06:10 AM

Player
    Character
    Chloe Redstone
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    If a crowd 'disperses', they sort of wander off. If a crowd 'scatters', they're running in all directions, typically due to some form of chaos. You are being told to scatter (run ie. move and don't stop). It's all in the context of it being a chaotic situation with everyone 'scattering' (running around randomly), NOT that the raid actually needs to be 'scattered' (past tense) as a requirement.

Divine Commandment - you need to either look away, move, or stay still depending on your marker
    It's this simple. Naturally you can cast when moving, but if you're asked to stay still that includes not casting. Look away speaks for itself - you can cast during this as well, obviously.
    (0)
    Last edited by RopeDrink; 12-06-2017 at 06:25 AM.