Player
    Character
    Whispering Crow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarabeth View Post
    Also you're on Balmung and (though revolting to many of us) this seems to be acceptable behavior there.
    Not really, but w/e, you seem to already have your bias.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    W'kepaga Amih
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Simple solution, Blacklist people that upset you.

Try reading the message when you join the Novice Channel, (Don't agree, don't join) which you clearly must know. And by the way, you don't need to be in the Novice Channel to be a Mentor and you know, help new players, so maybe give it a rest and offer your services in the starting Cities or something, anything but waste Support Staff time with your personal rants.

Also try a Search of "New Adventurer" or "Returner" status, because lots of them wont go near the Novice Channel for their own reasons.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eve Knight
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    The message about no language restrictions means it's one channel for French, English, German, Japanese, whatever. Not what you think it means.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    W'kepaga Amih
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by EveK View Post
    The message about no language restrictions means it's one channel for French, English, German, Japanese, whatever. Not what you think it means.
    Why would you place a restriction on what Languages are acceptable to speak in the Novice Channel, it says:

No language restrictions placed on that channel, none. Its not Duty Finder, its a chat channel.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kaylee Frye
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NaoTenbe View Post
    *snip*
    You are correct. I was completely wrong about the free speech thing. I decided to look up the ToS and see what is said. Under the prohibited activities section it says this:

3.3 Profanity and Offensive Language. You may not use profanity or any language that a reasonable person would find offensive. The Game is for players aged 13 and older. You agree to behave accordingly.

So, according to that, the OP does have a reason to complain and should not be ignored.

To those upset with me for saying this is acceptable on Balmung, maybe it isn't, but there are plenty of threads/replies on the forums that makes it seem that this is ok behavior there. If it's not, I do apologize.
    (11)
    Last edited by Zarabeth; 10-17-2017 at 01:32 PM. Reason: more words

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Final-Fantasy View Post
    Why would you place a restriction on what Languages are acceptable to speak in the Novice Channel, it says:

No language restrictions placed on that channel, none. Its not Duty Finder, its a chat channel.
    I’m pretty sure that that was what they were referring to. Not that the language restriction means vulgar/obscene speech is suddenly acceptable in the NN per some “freedom of speech” rule. I.e., NN has no language restrictions in terms of the language you speak in it, but the language you use in it (e.g., be respectful, not a twat).
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Xoria Tepes
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    This is an old topic that has been covered in the past with the same bottom line:

Novice Network is meant to engage new players to the game which is best done with conversations going on about the game and including them naturally.

However, Novice Network is no more a chat/ linkshell channel than any player made ones with special conditions attached to be able to access it. The main purpose of the channel is to answer questions, but is not limited to that. There is no restrictions on what is typed, but normal game rules still apply.

AKA people can type all the 'MMMMM' and '*groans*' all they want. If you have profanity filter turned off (completely optional, default is on), you can't really report people for using swears (unless they circumvent it, but that's a grey area). It's just an arrangement of letters- blacklist them. There is no moderating the channel in regard to simply what people type. You can report people for profanity, but it's at the discretion of the staff.
    (2)
    Last edited by JunseiKei; 10-17-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Character
    Princess Sakura
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by RayneLittlewinkle View Post
    With all due respect Eve. I see you kick people from the Novice network chat almost on a daily rountine. Then someone comes along and kicks you for accessive kicking or whatever. I'm just saying that maybe there is a bigger picture here.
    I am siding with this. I looked in the log and I have to say it was excessive kicking. However it does depend on the situation and GMs can look into excessive vulgarity on the novice, if it is really excessive harassment/ cursing. However I do not think making innuendos to erp fits any of that. I am more concerned what is going to happen with the excessive kicking though, because we can't have our channel run by Eve's excessive kicking, then revenge kick Eve, regardless who is right, there is no way that is a good way to run the novice network.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    S'leaina Ahdal
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    Ok, I'm surprised people are seemingly defending the people posting obscene/offensive language in NN. For those uninformed, this is quoted straight from the ToS under "Prohibited Activities":

3.3 Profanity and Offensive Language. You may not use profanity or any language that a reasonable person would find offensive. The Game is for players aged 13 and older. You agree to behave accordingly.
    Given this, a full on normal report of the person is permissible and advised by SE themselves.
    (15)
    Last edited by SwdVengeance; 10-17-2017 at 03:29 PM.

Player
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Is there really an issue here? The GM said they will investigate the super bad offensive persons behaviour and see if it breeches the TOS. What more do you want? Blacklist the person and move on.

Honestly.
    (13)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast