Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Rei Sekiro
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Going off the original subject, if a player can afford something and that's how the current system works, it should be fine. So long as the gil wasn't obtained through RMT, etc. then that player with the current rules has just as much right to that house and anyone else.
    (3)
    I'm a female player who plays a male character.
    Shocker....

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Calteru View Post
    RE: Alleo, 9:29am 10/20/17 -

In order:

* It seems we've had very different experiences then. I wonder why that is. Answering this particular question might prove useful to solving the overall housing issue.
    * I can discuss the topic objectively. If I can do it, anyone can, given my personal issues with maintaining emotional control. It's not too much to ask to discuss IDEAS rather than the PEOPLE HAVING THEM. That's a key difference in civil discourse and one that is all-too-easily discarded in today's hyperbolic, vitriolic society.
    * What you propose will put further drain on server resources. In order to ascertain if the suggestion is viable, hard data is required. Do we know how much, if at all, server costs will increase? Server use? What would the code look like to bring this solution about, and how would it interact with existing code? Forgive me for saying so, but it's simply not enough to say "do this".
    Because thats how life is, its simple as that. Also each person is different thus some might feel great joy of alway staying around in the wards and talk to their neighbors and others might just simply want a house to decorate and feel at home thus they might not care for other players around them. I mean just because you are a FC you dont necessarily need to alway get in contact with other people. My old FC was active, liked to chat and things like that but we did not get around in the wards and tried to chat with others. Also events where always done with only our FC and only in our house thus also no neighbors necessary.

Here are some link that I found about being objective:

http://wiki.c2.com/?ObjectivityIsAnIllusion

And a bit of a definition: Objective is a statement that is completely unbiased. It is not touched by the speaker’s previous experiences or tastes. It is verifiable by looking up facts or performing mathematical calculations.

http://changingminds.org/principles/objectivity.htm

So I am sorry to say but as soon as you discuss about your own experience you will leave the objective ground behind. You did not argue about it on a neutral ground with the view of an outsider, you argued about this with your own experience which can also not be calculated because we simply have no numbers over all servers thus we dont even know how active those are, how active they would be if its FC only (and you know the topic is only about mansions anyway) and much more. So yes you are arguing subjective and there is nothing wrong with that.

So in the end you are just as biased as we all are, just that you argue for the side of FC. (Thus you are already choosing a side and dont try to show a third way or argue about it as an outsider) I mean what meaningful content does a FC create if they own a mansion? I mean this was not the question if FC should be wards only but if people should own personal mansion. FC can do "content" (whatever that is) with a small and middle house too. Especially if this is something that should involve neighbors, because if the only content you are meaning are FC events..well those can be done in smaller houses too. So in the end FCs dont need bigger houses to create content and at the same time a personal house owner can create content too. Its not impossible for a single person to make a ward wide event if they want to. So the argument of content creation really is not that good because both sides can create content with that and both sides can just do nothing with their neighbors at all.

You also dont know if it drains more or not because we simply dont have any kind of data. So in a way none of us should ever discuss anything or say some solutions that we like because we simply dont have access to their data. Thus none of us should argue if its better or worse because we simply dont have the facts. This does not change the situation that we are customers and that we have our wishes. We can write them down and hope that SE will do it or not. This is all we can do. And its also not our job to prove that this would be x amount better than solution number YZ.

You try to argue with something that nobody, not even you, can truly argue about because we are all just costumers. Also like someone else pointed out. The forums are hardly a place for objective discussion (which is nearly impossible if you are emotionally part of it anyway..).
    (2)
    Last edited by Alleo; 10-22-2017 at 09:53 PM.
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Norxalia Nasreen
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    If they didn't get the money through illegal means and actually furnish and use the house i see no problem. That said, i think they could add more large houses or at least upgrade smaller ones (like they did with the basement ) and apartments to have more room.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Phoenix Down
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Calteru, the reason those FCs seem lively to you is because you are on an RP server. People on RP servers are much more likely to hang out in housing areas in general, especially if you have a large group of people (an FC) who all enjoy roleplaying and have a beautiful, large and personal space to do it in. Other servers that lack an RP presence aren't going to have the same experience more than likely.

I co-own a large house with a friend. I am there, literally, for hours on end every day. I love sitting out in the garden (and being inside too!). I love strolling around the ward and looking at other people's houses and lawns. I love seeing what everyone is growing in their gardens. I have a tendency to only leave the housing area for golden saucer events, beast tribe dailies, duties and gathering. Other than that, my bum is planted firmly in Shirogane! (I also own my own medium in the same ward all the way on the other side, so I'm frequently running across the map!) I can tell you this: A large FC definitely does not mean lively. Especially on the average server which doesn't participate in roleplay as much as Balmung or Mateus.

I propose that the issue is not that people can have a large house to themselves but rather that there are only 6 large houses per ward to begin with. Why is it that the most sought after houses are the least accessible? Hm. I think there should be an increase in the number of large houses or we should have the same plot sizes and be able to upgrade the houses as we see fit when we acquire the gil.
    (6)
    Last edited by Mikki; 10-23-2017 at 01:39 AM.

「Life is such a fragile thing…」

Player
    Character
    W'kepaga Amih
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    When they made the Ward system, they should have designed each area with a standard large plot for every plot in the ward, and let you build any size house on any of the plots, and let you use any permit type, the ability to move and rotate your house to any sensible position on the plot, and have one set item limit like 80 max for example. I would like to use a Shirogane medium house permit on my lavender beds plot for example, yes i know about the shirogane castle walls, i have them, they're great, but the interior of the house is still of the glade style, why the glamours don't have their own special interior more than just the door and window? Also once you purchase a house it should automatically add any alt characters you have on your account.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Lissandra Heartwine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Personal housing has been around since 2014. If they really wanted to shove off solo home owners of larges, they would have done it years ago and claim it was a mistake, etc. However, it'll be interesting to see what SE comes up with for 4.2.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lena Vales
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Being one of the GM in fc without a house right now I'd say at least release new wards with medium/large plots or even all for FC's only... its ridiculous that 95% of the housing in Shirogane is in single persons use and most that I have passed by look empty outside and inside, its a waste! and not fair for active FC's to not have housing at all. Something needs to be done.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dante Haiwindo
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I see no reason why people can't buy the houses that they have the gil for.

that said. a few alternatives were given on various posts in the forum already:
    • Instanced
    • New Wards
    • Instanced "upgrades"
    • FC only Wards.
    • Upgradable houses on all the same plot size

Each of these is interesting.

For Instanced, people brought up that those on your friendlist are in a "virtual" neighborhood, so your friends' houses are all there that you can see them.

New Wards are self explanatory, but we're not talking about enough supply to deal with the overall demand. Within this, an idea of a new Subdivision being added would possibly help. It may, yes, but it's a matter of if it equals the demand.

Instanced Upgrades. Most people may or may not have heard about it. Simply put: You buy an instanced house and you're put in a queue for a "Warded" house based on the number you are in the buying queue. this way, people can still own houses, while waiting for Ward plots to open up.

FC only wards is a very popular one. this allows FCs to get into houses without fighting the individual owners over plots.

Upgradable housing. this would mean they would simply make all the plots the same size with what you can put on the outside/inside based on which permit/house size you currently have. Self-explanatory.
    (1)
    Last edited by Saraphin; 10-24-2017 at 05:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Adore Mi
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I owned a solo medium house in the Goblet. Just this morning I used the relocation feature to move to a small in Lavender Beds. I really hope an FC obtains the medium I used to own.
    (0)

Character
    Abel Fei
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
    I owned a solo medium house in the Goblet. Just this morning I used the relocation feature to move to a small in Lavender Beds. I really hope an FC obtains the medium I used to own.
    ....You what?
    (0)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast