Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Winter Gem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Fey Union takes SOOOOO long to activate. I've had more than one moment where Im wondering if the tank is gonna die before it starts. Dissipation is a really awful skill too. Losing your fairy is just retarded. Dissipation should instantly swap your fairy and make your next Aetherflow Action free of cost. It would be less beneficial to only get one free aether action instead of three stacks but it would be less risky than losing your fairy altogether too. Plus Dissipation could be used when you already have full Aether Stacks and cause no waste. It would be safe to use in an emergency or just for more mileage. It would see a lot more use this way.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Carlo Vinne
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I dunno, I think Dissipation earned its place for me in Sohm Ahl (Hard), where there's enough burst damage going out that I need the extra aetherflows more than Embrace.

But then, my SCH play is hardly endgame.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Riyshn'a Nhise
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Some of the systems changes around Dissipation have actually made it a better skill since SB launched. Not that it's in any way a well designed part of SCH's kit, but between Embrace's lowered potency making losing it less punishing, Quickened Aetherflow making Disspation effectively lower Aetherflow's CD to 30 sec (turns out it's actually really hard to effectively use 6 stacks in 30 seconds), and Summon's cast time and MP cost being lowered, it's well worth using now.
    (2)

4. 11-12-2017 08:59 AM

Player
    Character
    Winter Gem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    The struggle to use 6 Aetherflow Stacks in 30 seconds with Dissipation makes the skill horrendous. Its supposed to be an emergency save but requires so much planning its almost impossible to use in a panicked state. I really hate that skill. Why would a pet based class ever have a skill that locks out your pet. Just why?!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kabz Il
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NobleWinter View Post
    The struggle to use 6 Aetherflow Stacks in 30 seconds with Dissipation makes the skill horrendous. Its supposed to be an emergency save but requires so much planning its almost impossible to use in a panicked state. I really hate that skill. Why would a pet based class ever have a skill that locks out your pet. Just why?!
    To be fair, the pet aspect of both SMN/SCH is underwhelming at best. It's not like losing the Faerie for 30s is devastating when you've actually planned it out. And while it is incredibly niche to use Dissipation for its intended purpose, I'll have to disagree with you there. I have had a few runs saved from using Dissipation, and technically that means it is functioning as it should.

I still think the ability needs a rework, but with other changes as well, I think Dissipation is okay ATM. As for your panicked state, I can only say the more you heal, the less panicked you'll get over time in any situation.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aluvian Darkstar
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Dissipation is kind of emergency skill, when everything goes to hell and you need these extra stacks right this instant (to top tanks, etc.). I actualy had it used at Shinryu Ex in p3, when dragonheads appeared and group was struggling due to some deaths happened before. saved us from wipe and granted a kill. Basically i don't think it needs reworking anymore, it is good where it stands
    Overall, yes, i gotta admit, despite my previous raging, Scholar does feels a lot useful, hell, that adlo+deployment tactics crit makes boss ultimate do 0 damage, feels so good. I'm still gonna level AST for Noct stance to see what fits me better in the end, as i far from going hardcore and sacrifice healing to improve DPS by several "k's" as top groups do in fflogs.
    Still, i'd love Fey Union to be reworked, as my point stands, it is very low value in raids, considering the cast time, limited distance tether, Fairie unable to do anything else while channeling and providing so-so regen in return.
    Also, Selene...
    (0)
    Last edited by SilentVoice; 12-11-2017 at 08:23 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tempest Deep
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    My problem with dissipation is that it doesn't pair well with fairy union at all. They're exact opposites. Union is my Oh Shit heal for the tank and it puts out respectable healing. I've only had one tank die while on fairy union. Quitting that to dissipate, use three stacks, hope none of the DPS have died or will die so that SC is up to summon pet, then reunion them seems like it would take forever. I can see dissipation working when union doesn't? Hm...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cecelia Stormfeather
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alisi View Post
    then reunion them seems like it would take forever.
    This is my biggest thing with it too. Now that I'm getting more comfortable with SCH, I have certain fight phases where I want to use Fey Union to make life easier. Building up the bar takes quite a while when it's at zero, so Dissipation isn't a button I'm overly eager to press.
    (2)
    Survivor of Housing Savage 2018.
    Discord: Tridus#2642

Player
    Character
    Flutter Butter
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I think we're ignoring the biggest aspect of sch. That being Lilly. Her healing is very poor imo. I think what we really need to focus on is a faerie rework if the healing 'pet' class is to survive.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Gem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Changing Embrace to an Ability on a 3 sec recast is the only thing Eos needs. The fact your regen disappears when the fairy moves and does battle with Whispering Dawn on the Global Cool Down is really annoying. As an Ability it would be so much more efficient. It could go off immediately before and after Whispering Dawn without the long pause and also couldnt be silenced or pacified. This would make Embrace way more reliable and since it gets incredibly weak end game this wouldnt throw game balance out of control.
    (0)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast