Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Titor Jaraba
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Supposing one per account is implemented. Well still have a vocal majority that doesn’t have a house. What will be the next step? Everyone is being overly optimistic that they will get a house as a result of this restriction. This is a fallacy. A majority will still be without housing. Those left behind will have to think of new, more elaborate schemes for their chance at a house. Adding more and more restrictions with the hopes that “yes, this time I’ll get one for sure!!” And they won’t. And there will be more elaborate restrictions
    That will become the new echo chamber.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Yrys Rewh-gilda
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Siniztor View Post
    Removing houses people all ready own is shady. yes i own 3 houses, I broke no rules in doing so and on my server there was 200-400 empty houses for over a year ive been here i paid $18 to move there just for houses wile some of you paid to go to balmug and gil for higher pop events. i took away from no one. everyone who wanted a house on my server got one all houses were at bare minium prices they sat so long.

The greedy people are the "Free Riders"who took a free transfer to low pop servers and are complain hey look that person owns more then one house and i cant get one now that 2,000 people took a free ride in, they all could of had houses if they paid to move before the free transfered like i did.

This isn't just a problem on previously empty servers, though it is more noticeable there because of things like Mateus' infamous ward. It's a problem on Balmung as well. I know a few people who own multiple houses, hell there is someone on the server who owns 18 houses. Those who have transferred off of Gilgamesh and Balmung are not the problem, as they simply took the offer given to them by SE. It's SE's own fault for even allowing people to own so many houses on one account and SE will need to fix it at least to help until they figure out how to permanently fix housing.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sin Catvrix
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrankyl View Post
    It's SE's own fault .
    I agree its SE fault for not having enough housing. But people pay extra for more then 1 char. if i'm paying you extra money for more chars. I want the same rights on all my chars as the guy paying for 1 char. just like renting extra retainers..how about we make it so they cant sell or store items that way one person cant crash the mb on items..NO you pay extra for them they should have all the same things as the first retainers. No matter how you slice if u take way from people who didn't break the rules its not right..theres 2800 houses on each server theres what 6k+ per server. that is not gonna change a thing.. thats just punishing people who didn't break any rules and most were on low pop servers.. ive owned my houses for a year and no body cared
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne_Endeavor View Post
    I won't deny you broke no rules, but you have taken advantage of the developer's terrible lack of foresight. From a pure business perspective, it is far more beneficial they take this on the chin, acknowledge the mistake and accept it may piss of players such as yourself compared to the alternative where a significantly larger portion of the playerbase gets nothing.

And let's not kid ourselves. You are no less greedy than players who transferred to smaller worlds after they made it free. That isn't inherently wrong on your part anymore than someone wanting both a FC and personal house. It just highlights how flawed the whole neighbourhood concept really is. Very few seem to give a hoot about neighbours and just want houses.
    I have a personal house and I am fc master to a fc that has a house. Please do not compare me to players who have several houses across many characters and servers.

I treat my personal house very differently to the fc house. They don't even look remotely the same, and it's not because they're not in the same district. I do what I like with my personal house, but the fc house is furnished to benefit and provide enjoyment for the fc. We take suggestions from members if they express a desire to see certain kinds of furnishings, or want to do certain things like climb garden furniture. We worked hard to furnish it to look like a social place and not some expression of singular vanity. We even asked members for their opinion and had a vote about the location when the relocation feature was announced. In my fc the house doesn't belong to the master. The master and officers merely look after it.

I realise not all fcs are like mine, but that isn't enough reason to compare players like me to those who have several houses on many characters. I'm using my personal house for its intended purpose, the fc is using the fc house for its intended purpose. Players who have more than just one personal house and are master of one or more fc houses on the same server are certainly not.

I have alts but I have zero intention of purchasing a plot for them because I frankly feel it would be wasted on a character I don't main. I am even stopping myself from buying apartments for them because I feel crappy at the thought of depriving someone else of an apartment even though there are plenty to spare right now.

Sorry for this wall of text and I don't know if you meant to make such a direct comparison, but I know I'm not the only one in this position who interacts with the housing system like I do, so I felt the need to speak up. And risk getting salt from players who get annoyed that I technically own two houses -_-
    (6)
    Last edited by Penthea; 10-17-2017 at 07:12 AM.

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    im not even gonna address the other parts..but by your way of thinking anyone who is in a FC that has a house shouldn't get a personal house.. The FC house isn't the leaders house its everyones the only diffence is the leaders can change ranks and permissions.. So if a fc leaders allows every member the right to deco and garden then they don't need a house right lol
    I never said that nor did I say they shouldn't. I equated owning multiple plots to being greedy-- to which I and many others are guilty of. That doesn't make it inherently wrong, but you made a point to claim people relocating servers because it was free was somehow more greedy than you wanting three houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Penthea View Post
    Sorry for this wall of text and I don't know if you meant to make such a direct comparison, but I know I'm not the only one in this position who interacts with the housing system like I do, so I felt the need to speak up. And risk getting salt from players who get annoyed that I technically own two houses -_-
    You misinterpreted what I meant. This was strictly a greed reference. I, personally, don't have any issues with people owning both a FC and a personal. It was more so towards people who use dummy FCs to get multiple houses on one character. Perhaps I could have phrased it a bit better.
    (5)
    Last edited by Bourne_Endeavor; 10-17-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Player
    Character
    Shiru Elysia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Indeed, it won't totally fix it.
    However, since we're stuck with their system and they'll probably won't change it soon... it'll help.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Titor Jaraba
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    It will help so minutely that a good majority of people who want it still wont get a house with it. Then they'd have to move onto the next restriction to shout for in hopes that will be the time they can get it. And it will go on and on, but the numbers are there and don't lie-- even with the tightest of restrictions, not everyone will be able to have a house.
    (1)

Player
    Kugane (No that red crayon is totally legitimate) >.>
    Character
    Ritsuko Sonoda
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Titor View Post
    It will help so minutely that a good majority of people who want it still wont get a house with it. Then they'd have to move onto the next restriction to shout for in hopes that will be the time they can get it. And it will go on and on, but the numbers are there and don't lie-- even with the tightest of restrictions, not everyone will be able to have a house.
    Again its 1 step at a time. I feel like the first step to the housing issue is to restrict 1 personal house per account per world before they add the new wards they hinted at on the post update announcement due to feedback. Even if this doesn't force users currently with multiple private homes to vacate all but 1 it will be a step forward. IMO if I were working for SE and decided to put something like this in place I would probably not say anything and let it be a "surprise" for the people looking for plot flipping opportunities when the wards are actually added... >.>
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Maley Oakensage
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RitsukoSonoda View Post
    Again its 1 step at a time. I feel like the first step to the housing issue is to restrict 1 personal house per account per world before they add the new wards they hinted at on the post update announcement due to feedback. Even if this doesn't force users currently with multiple private homes to vacate all but 1 it will be a step forward. IMO if I were working for SE and decided to put something like this in place I would probably not say anything and let it be a "surprise" for the people looking for plot flipping opportunities when the wards are actually added... >.>
    IMO you shouldn't surprise people with releasing houses, as that's something that would be better to give them like a month warning and then hang a sword of damocles over their heads and mention you're going to cut the string unless they do X, Y, or Z.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luthiah Reyrmor
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Removing houses people all ready own is shady...
    what would happen (and in my opinion what should happen) is the restriction should go into effect: 1 personal house that all characters on your account for that server are tenants of, and one FC house. People and FC's who already own multiple houses would be grandfathered so to speak, and keep those multiples they already have. However, should you relinquish those plots at any point- you'd be adhering to the new rules.

Does this fix the problem, no, but it gives people a fighting chance to get houses for their FCs, while they start working on the time-consuming real solutions.

But other problems that should be addressed: making workshops, stables, and cross-breed gardening accessible outside of owning a house for starters. Use a situation like our GC barracks, hell...USE the GC barracks somehow. Create a company workshop that can be accessed from Airship ports in the major cities for example.
    (1)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast