Player
    Character
    P'liko Cuga
    World
    Sophia
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilia View Post
    There is another Garlean on the Prima Vista who echoes my own sentiment of the Garlean people being oppressed as well, despite what the Empire would have you believe, and that the Theater Company believes its duty is to brighten the days of Garleans until they too are granted true freedom. (Company Tragedienne)
    I can find the former (Garlean people being oppressed), but no explicit mention of the latter (Theatre Company trying to brighten the days of Garleans until true freedom). EDIT: Forgot to add that I can absolutely believe that it is indeed one of the aims of the Theatre Company, but just that I can't find the specific dialogue explicitly stating as much.

Images spoilered for size:

(1)
    Last edited by YianKutku; 10-20-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Player
    Character
    Trpimir Ratyasch
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by YianKutku View Post
    I can find the former (Garlean people being oppressed), but no explicit mention of the latter (Theatre Company trying to brighten the days of Garleans until true freedom). EDIT: Forgot to add that I can absolutely believe that it is indeed one of the aims of the Theatre Company, but just that I can't find the specific dialogue explicitly stating as much.
    It comes from the Company Tragedienne after you clear Rabanastre. She moves next to the Tragedian and appears to be talking to him, and has this to say when you speak to her:

Quote Originally Posted by Company Tragedienne
    As traveling performers, we are wont to take our freedom for granted. But many living under the Ivory standard do not enjoy the same privilege, whatever the Empire would have you believe. In truth, a dark cloud hangs over the hearts of Garleans everywhere, and until they, too, are granted true freedom, it is we who must bring light into their lives, if only even a little.
    Not sure what any of the NPCs say pre-clear; I didn't bother to check or record for posterity.
    (7)
    Trpimir Ratyasch's Way Status (6.55 - End)
    [ ]LOST [ ]NOT LOST [X] PvPING FOR SWAG
    "There is no hope in stubbornly clinging to the past. It is our duty to face the future and march onward, not retreat inward." -Sovetsky Soyuz, Azur Lane: Snowrealm Peregrination

Player
    Character
    P'liko Cuga
    World
    Sophia
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    It comes from the Company Tragedienne after you clear Rabanastre. She moves next to the Tragedian and appears to be talking to him, and has this to say when you speak to her:
    Huh, I must have missed screenshotting that for some reason. Which is highly uncharacteristic of me, so I have no idea how that happened.

Thanks for the source.

EDIT: Ah, I think I figured out what happened. I checked the NPCs after clearing Rabanastre, but before talking to the group around Jenomis to actually complete the quest. The Tragedienne hadn't moved to the Tragedian group at that point.

I'll have to return to the Prima Vista to check if they have update dialogue now.

Not sure what any of the NPCs say pre-clear; I didn't bother to check or record for posterity.
    When you first get on the Prima Vista, nobody has any time for you, brushing you off brusquely. After you accept the request to go into Rabanastre, they talk about living as civilians in Garlemald (eg the screenshots I posted). After you clear Rabanastre, they mostly thank you for rescuing Jenomis.

Presumably after you complete the quest, they go back to talking about Garlean life.
    (3)
    Last edited by YianKutku; 10-20-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kharagan Dotharl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    A purely hypothetical Garlean figure who would turn the Empire around from the inside, analogous to Larsa from XII. Purely hypothetical.
    My PSII died before I could finish XII. So.... could you expand on this? Was Larsa one of the party members in XII?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Val Vermillion
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayve View Post
    My PSII died before I could finish XII. So.... could you expand on this? Was Larsa one of the party members in XII?
    He was the youngest son of the emperor of the Arcadian empire who wanted to find a peaceful resolution to the war between the resistance and the empire as well as prevent a more serious conflict with the rozzarian empire which his oldest brother wanted to kickstart. That's the gist of it anyway.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Khona'ra Nhaja
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayve View Post
    Assuming you gotten to that point before your psII died, he also goes by the name Lamont.
    (0)
    Hello, if you're reading this, then you should know this isn't part of the post.

Player
    Character
    Kharagan Dotharl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KylePearlsand View Post
    Assuming you gotten to that point before your psII died, he also goes by the name Lamont.
    It did not. I had just gotten the princess onto the team. Rescued her, so i think the first city? I just spent a lot of time running around some desert.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Faire Eravyn
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Slightly off topic, but if you want to get caught up on FFXII, there is a re-release/remaster available for the PS4 now. It's based off of the Zodiac edition, so it has some improved mechanics, especially when it comes to character customization.
    (1)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CaesarCV View Post
    Slightly off topic, but if you want to get caught up on FFXII, there is a re-release/remaster available for the PS4 now. It's based off of the Zodiac edition, so it has some improved mechanics, especially when it comes to character customization.
    Mm. The game world is incredibly beautiful as well - it always was but the graphics are a lot crisper with the remaster. One of my gaming dreams has been a remake/remaster of FFXII.

Now I just want the same treatment for Vagrant Story and I will be very content.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Val Vermillion
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    Mm. The game world is incredibly beautiful as well - it always was but the graphics are a lot crisper with the remaster. One of my gaming dreams has been a remake/remaster of FFXII.

Now I just want the same treatment for Vagrant Story and I will be very content.
    Personally i'd prefer a new vagrant story or spiritual successor at least but unfortunately that will forever be a dream if unsung story was anything to go by.
    (0)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast