Player
    Character
    Ruhan Coden
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KDSilver View Post
    I hate Red Mage Vecuring everything like they are about to die in the minute.
    Them, and Paladin using Clemency.

Make me want to just fully dps et let them heal.
    Geez...you'd think healers would be glad of one less character to have to concern themselves with in regards to heals. I guess I should stop dodging AoE's too while I'm at it. Wouldn't want our healers to get bored now, would we?
    (7)
    "I've been playing MMO's a long time and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that lions do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep. Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it...shoot it in the goddamn face."

- SAO Abridged (Ep.2 | 8:35)

Player
    Character
    Ichi Exorz
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I agree with helping to heal the tank when it's necessary. It "shouldn't" happen but sometimes it just does. If you see the healer struggling to heal the tank just throw a vecure or 2.

And sometimes when I see a certain mechanic coming up & im not being healed i'll try to quickly heal myself. But that is no excuse for the healer not bothering to heal me.

Saying that the RDM should give up his DPS to vercure (note DPS is a Red Mage's role) just so the healer can DPS (note that healers do less DPS than an actual DPS class) is just wrong.

If you want to dps that badly then just play a DPS.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sacrilege Moonshadow
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeos View Post
    Geez...you'd think healers would be glad of one less character to have to concern themselves with in regards to heals. I guess I should stop dodging AoE's too while I'm at it. Wouldn't want our healers to get bored now, would we?
    Don't be absurd; you have to know these players KD is referring to. There are plenty of RDMs and PLDs out there who self-heal on reaction whenever they take damage, and no, healers are not glad for it. There is only so much HP to heal, and backseat healers waste everyone's time. Clemency and Vercure are great clutch tools and have some strategic use (e.g. activating Divine Veil, setting up Dual Cast during phase transitions), but primary heals they are not.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pairo Orunitia
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascarot View Post
    Oh that's why in my previous expert roulette Heal doesnt heal and leave tank always below 30% HP. He think that RDM is perfect healer! Sorry but NO!
    No that's probably just a very good healer who is optimising his/her dps as every healer should be doing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zir Torment
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyroclastic View Post
    No that's probably just a very good healer who is optimising his/her dps as every healer should be doing.
    Nope, it was horrible healer who kill tank about 5 times. Poor tank use all CD and still dont get heal as well as other party members.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nova Vana'diel
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    The great thing about variable classes like RDM is they do have capability to do more than just DPS. You can fill in the gaps so to speak. However, any time you have to do that you are not DPSing and it's a loss. The new raid forced me to dust off my Vercuring skills to make sure I could stay alive to rez others and keep Mana Shift on the healers (if I had the MP to spare). Anyone who plays DPS classes know that ideally it always comes back to getting as much damage output as possible. So, no ideally a RDM should not be curing themselves unless it's a niche occasion, but sometimes bad things happen and when they do it's a last resort option.

It's the way FFXIV is laid out. DPS need to always be pushing top dps out and asking a dps to do otherwise can be problematic as dps will plummet.
    (0)

Character
    Tifa's Soulstone
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynfael View Post
    There are plenty of RDMs and PLDs out there who self-heal on reaction whenever they take damage, and no, healers are not glad for it.
    Sadly I personally encounter more RDMs of the opposite... ones who don't res or heal in emergency even if one healer is down and the 2nd lacks in mp... especially in the new 24 raid : ((
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Hades Pluto
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    I only use vercure for three reasons, one I need to veraise someone, two if I need healing or three of the tank pullls so much and the healer is having touble keeping up.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Well everytime we must heal ourselves or raise others it is a dps loss and in turn means may not meet dps checks.
    Granted myself i do have to cure myself and others from time to time as healers think we are suddenly back up heals.
    Raising... it is all the damn time
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tempest Deep
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by _Enigma_ View Post
    PS... Try healing the TANK once in a while TOO...! ESPECIALLY when the dark knight uses his GIMPED invulnerability ult...!
    Dude. You can't trust a rdm to raise people, even if both healers are down, there are multiple rdm's in the party, and they're the only ones left that have a raise. You'd trust that they'll heal themselves and/or the tank? Like them back flipping off an edge or into a newly spawned pack of mobs before the tank enmity isn't proof positive that you should never trust them to heal. Rdm's are our precious ADHD kids; we love them but we don't trust them around sharp objects and so we must protect them and huggle them and not expect heals from there. Alright?
    (2)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast