Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    /continues to hum the chocobo music
    /hums alongside Rukkirii

(haters gonna hate!)
    (1)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Player
    Character
    Boye Fran
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! The dev. team will be looking into if a toggle for chocobo music will be possible to implement in the future.

Thanks a lot, it's not that I dislike the music, but I just don't want to hear it everywhere I go, you know?
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Rane Farstrider
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! The dev. team will be looking into if a toggle for chocobo music will be possible to implement in the future.

I really like the chocobo music as well. And I didn't mind it playing all the time until last week, when I ran to Mor Dhona for the first time since getting my bird.

As soon as I zoned into Mor Dhona, something felt out of place. It wasn't the foreboding, mysterious place it usually is, because the background music was just too happy and cheerful. It's hard to feel any kind of dread listening to music like that

I know that delivering a strong sense of place to the player is very important to sound designer Soken as well as the rest of the team. So I'd like to make a little suggestion, if I could: In 2.0, they might want to consider having area music override mount music for certain high-level or rarely-traversed areas.

Of course, the mount music really adds to the playing experience as well. But when in possession of a mount, most players will choose to ride rather than walk. That's how people will be traversing all the new zones that are being created for 2.0. So when creating each zone, it might be a good idea to consider whether the mount music is compatible with the feel of the zone, and if not, to what extent the atmosphere suffers as a result. If the answer is "a lot", why not have the zone music play instead of the mount music for that specific area?

Thanks a lot, and keep on keepin' on, team!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Forerunner Highwind
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90

Would you kindly stop humming it? It's driving me up the wall.

A bonus point for you if you got the Bioshock reference.
    (2)

Player

Just to be sure - allow us to choose between either using the personal, rental, or no music. Of course, the ability to toggle between the personal and rental should only be available once you unlocked the personal chocobo. I don't like the personal chocobo music, but I absolutely love the rental one.
    (1)
    Proud member of the "why the the heck are giant obnoxious images allowed in signatures" club.

Quote Originally Posted by kensredemption
    I'd rather play solo than play with a bunch of elitists.

Player
    Character
    Isidula Granviir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I wouldn't mind the personal chocobo theme if it wasn't so obnoxiously loud in comparison to all the other music.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Ojay Lionking
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Glad to hear about a toggle. Can they maybe add an option to have it play for a bit but auto-fade after a single loop of the song? That way I can still hear it when i want to, but on longer rides I'll have the chance to hear the zone music as well. I'd also like the ability to switch, or randomize, which chocobo music I hear--I got my personal chocobo the day they were available so I've barely heard the rental choco music at all.

I also think Rane's idea is a decent one, to have certain zones totally override the mount music for atmospheric reasons. It'll give kind of a "Not even your giant chicken can't protect you now" vibe =P.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50

SHE'S BEEN HUMMING IT SINCE 1988!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    (0)
    Last edited by Matsume; 01-18-2012 at 02:10 AM. Reason: SHE

Player
    Character
    Boye Fran
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by OJtheLIONKing View Post
    Glad to hear about a toggle. Can they maybe add an option to have it play for a bit but auto-fade after a single loop of the song? That way I can still hear it when i want to, but on longer rides I'll have the chance to hear the zone music as well. I'd also like the ability to switch, or randomize, which chocobo music I hear--I got my personal chocobo the day they were available so I've barely heard the rental choco music at all.

I also think Rane's idea is a decent one, to have certain zones totally override the mount music for atmospheric reasons. It'll give kind of a "Not even your giant chicken can't protect you now" vibe =P.
    Again, I'll have to reiterate, chocobos in this game would not work well with that instance. It isn't unlikely to have long chocobo rides, but with a mount you can call and dismount freely, this is not a desirable option. However, It would be if it were like this in it's standard form. Otherwise, I still say a toggle would work best in every other instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    HE'S BEEN HUMMING IT SINCE 1988!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    She*
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Vitra Crimsonash
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Aside from a toggle button I'd even prefer a more mellow chocobo tune. Bringing up FFXI the chocobo tune was mellow and made riding soothing and in FFXIV the chocobo tune sounds out of place like it should be playing in the theme park and not everyday travel. >_> may..be.. we could replace the current chocobo music with FFXI's? >_< please don't hit me!
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast