Player
    Character
    Bubble'gum Blue
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxes View Post
    Well for you it might seem fun since (seemingly) you didnt experience the old PvP. You cant miss what you dont know.
    You're right, I started PvP in Season 3. So my experience in 3.x PvP is probably half the time you've experienced it. XD

So most likely there are things I haven't experienced that you have... which in turn makes you miss the old PvP more than I do.

As such, from my experience and perspective (from Season 3 onward), I miss chat... and I also miss the depth that 3.x had (which you can get pretty creative with, especially with bursts) versus 4.x's simplified system. The only thing from 3.x that I don't miss was stun-to-BTE... except when I used MCH. LOL

Other than that, I do enjoy current 4.x (not Season 7), although I feel that the devs should return more depth, chat (w/ the option to mute), and Sprint as a standard ability instead of relegating it to being an additional. That's where I miss 3.x... at least from what I know. haha

EDIT: Actually, I started late in Season 2. lol O.o
    (0)
    Last edited by Astrophysx; 06-20-2018 at 11:50 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ba Nana
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 61
    Reviving this thread bc I'm feelin this pretty hard today.

Even sadder to me that their incentive to "fix" PvP always seemed to be from a place to revitalize it, but now it's deader than ever. Their attempt wasn't even a success and now waiting forever to get a pop isn't even worth the fun gameplay (of 3.0) anymore.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Yukiko Kanzaki
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    MAKE NINJA AND WARRIOR GREAT AGAIN.
    Give us the Killing machine warrior and the spy/invisible/assassin/jump from cliff/ fast runner/ ninja back

More generally give us frontline 3.0 back.
    Feast is one thing but frontline is a tactical war, not a no brain game
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Been trying to get into Feast again on and off for a while. Longest I waited in queue before giving up is almost 3 hours, on a weekend. Seems there's no way to play it atm, I guess because I didn't gain ranks early enough in the season and nobody is left queuing at the bottom rank, and the other mode for training matches just isn't used by anybody. Yeah I tried changing role to healer too. Guess I have to stick to Frontlines and pve stuff.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eternal Arcadia
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by yukkan View Post
    MAKE NINJA AND WARRIOR GREAT AGAIN.
    Give us the Killing machine warrior and the spy/invisible/assassin/jump from cliff/ fast runner/ ninja back

More generally give us frontline 3.0 back.
    Feast is one thing but frontline is a tactical war, not a no brain game

Huh? On Aether we had a good amount of WAR running about. NIN was also very common.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Rox View Post
    Huh? On Aether we had a good amount of WAR running about. NIN was also very common.
    Think they talking about the old gameplay style rather than popularity. Invis nin stalking people in FL (but there was a skill some jobs could use that uncloaks nearby hidden ppl). That sort of funny stuff.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yukiko Kanzaki
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufalus View Post
    Think they talking about the old gameplay style rather than popularity. Invis nin stalking people in FL (but there was a skill some jobs could use that uncloaks nearby hidden ppl). That sort of funny stuff.
    YES the old gameplay was really immersive.

Back then, a group of 2-4 ninja could put a whole gc in disarray by sabording the respawn point.
    We use to play a lot of invisible ninja on moogle, or more generally on chaos back in the time

We miss the tactical warfare
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yukiko Kanzaki
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    YES the old gameplay was really immersive.

Back then, a group of 2-4 ninja could put a whole gc in disarray by sabording the respawn point.
    We use to play a lot of invisible ninja on moogle, or more generally on chaos back in the time

We miss the tactical warfare
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Nessa Goddessly
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I remember when the pvp fc I am in went all NIN back in the day, and would sneak up on this one person, and LB them all at once. It was pretty hilarious XD
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    That does sound funny. Since nin job was added I always imagined that scenario of a whole clan of nins suddenly emerging from a puff of smoke and surrounding a guy who thought they were alone; never saw it happen though as I don't do premades. Would be awesome if the person who got gang-stealthed was streaming it.
    (0)

Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast