Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I think my only major beefs with PvP right now are Seize not having an asymmetric layout and battle high only being rewarded on killing blows (As opposed to overall damage dealt to a player) as it makes the rate at which teams acquire it extremely inconsistent and does not necessarily reward the people who are putting in the most work/playing well.

I'm hoping 5.1 gives classes more utility options, like NIN having Doton as a means of slowing a team's advance through a chokepoint amd maybe just more stuff to discourage teams from moving around in a big murderball in general.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Inglis Eucus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Need to make pvp real by letting every job use all there skills in it. Old pvp was way better at least dps could get heal skill. Be nice if they let machinist be able to use automaton queen in pvp and flamethrower. If every did pvp on Tera and Aion it was fun didn't have limited skills could use. You could use all your skills in pvp just like how you would fight normal monsters and bosses. That's how pvp should be. Not even sure why they thought they needed to change pvp from how it was to this dumb new style of pvp. At least give the jobs enough skills to fill up both hot bars. What is next only getting 3 skills to use in pvp.
    (1)
    Last edited by hynaku; 10-14-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Altria Pendragons
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Does it matter? Most of people can’t even PvP correct with current system at first place
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Crit Ful
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Let's re-add all buttons to pvp so that the universe sized skill gap can return, which will drive 99% of all people away, promote unbalanced gameplay by default, difficulty to balance which will always be unhealthy from a competitive standpoint, create even more moral issues where FFXIV as a whole has a boatload of new players who might consider getting steamrolled as a personal attack of sorts, will forever think pvp is dead in this game, will bad mouth it forever, oh wait all the casuals who played 3.x pvp already do that to this day.

Objectively it's a terrible idea, competition > fun

Yes all buttons would be more fun, objectively it'd ruin everything and of pvp wasnt already an afterthought it would receive 0 content ever again because of the influx of negativity that would be reborn. What they're doing now is healthy progress that has been working, and that is a fact.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Aira Comet
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Crit View Post
    Some good points, but mt biggest problem with the new "better" pvp is that when I play PvE, it feels like a completely different game. The new pvp has made me lose all interest in pve.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Runic Raven
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Crit View Post
    Let's re-add all buttons to pvp so that the universe sized skill gap can return, which will drive 99% of all people away, promote unbalanced gameplay by default, difficulty to balance which will always be unhealthy from a competitive standpoint, create even more moral issues where FFXIV as a whole has a boatload of new players who might consider getting steamrolled as a personal attack of sorts, will forever think pvp is dead in this game, will bad mouth it forever, oh wait all the casuals who played 3.x pvp already do that to this day.

Objectively it's a terrible idea, competition > fun

Yes all buttons would be more fun, objectively it'd ruin everything and of pvp wasnt already an afterthought it would receive 0 content ever again because of the influx of negativity that would be reborn. What they're doing now is healthy progress that has been working, and that is a fact.
    Forst of all: PvP gets badmouthed because of the traders, Rank/titlebuyers and cheaters these days. Players not willing to work at their skill complain all the time about something. In 3.X their excuse was to many skills and to hard to learn and whatever. Today people like to complain about being stomped into Earths molten core by top 100's (Season1-4) building premades. Oh and ofc Maelstrom since apparently all good players switched over there.

You might see it different.. but i rather wait 30 Minutes for Queue and then play against a Person that has the same love for Real PvP as me than playing against someone who does PvP to farm his tomes because its easy now.
    (5)
    Last edited by Araxes; 10-12-2019 at 09:09 PM.
    ᛞᚨᚢᛃᛁᚦ ᚠᛖᚺᚢ
    ᛞᚨᚢᛃᚨᚾ ᚠᚱᚨᚾᛞᛁᛊ : ᛞᚨᚢᛃᛁᚦ ᛊᛖᛚᛒᚨᛉ ᛊᚨᛗᛟ
    ᛖᚲᚨ ᚹᚨᛁᛏ ᚨᚾᚨᛁᚾᛟ
    ᚦᚨᛏᚨ ᚾᛖ ᚨᛚᛞᚱᚨᛁᚷᛁᚾ ᛞᚨᚢᛃᛁᚦ
    ᛞᛟᛗᚨᛉ ᚢᛗᛒᛁ ᛞᚨᚢᛞᚨᚾᛟ ᚺᚹᚨᚱᛃᚨᚾᛟ

Player
    Character
    Runic Raven
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxes View Post
    But TBH, at this point it cant get any worse... or can it?
    They proved me WRONG! 24 Mans gone, no longer allowed to queue with a full party. We are screwed.
    (2)
    ᛞᚨᚢᛃᛁᚦ ᚠᛖᚺᚢ
    ᛞᚨᚢᛃᚨᚾ ᚠᚱᚨᚾᛞᛁᛊ : ᛞᚨᚢᛃᛁᚦ ᛊᛖᛚᛒᚨᛉ ᛊᚨᛗᛟ
    ᛖᚲᚨ ᚹᚨᛁᛏ ᚨᚾᚨᛁᚾᛟ
    ᚦᚨᛏᚨ ᚾᛖ ᚨᛚᛞᚱᚨᛁᚷᛁᚾ ᛞᚨᚢᛃᛁᚦ
    ᛞᛟᛗᚨᛉ ᚢᛗᛒᛁ ᛞᚨᚢᛞᚨᚾᛟ ᚺᚹᚨᚱᛃᚨᚾᛟ

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    There were a bunch of positive changes such as Battle High being rewarded from assists/reworked to accumulate more gradually and node spawns in Shatter/Seize being telgraphed, but removing the option for 24 players kinda negates all of that when it means queues are never going to pop outside of prime time.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lilla La'aurora
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I wonder what they'll do with the overhaul to skills they were talking about.... while I know it's probably a bad idea to get my hopes up, it does sound intriguing. Fingers crossed!!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inglis Eucus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    What wish they change back is where you use to be able to solo kill healers and now takes 3 to take one down with there endless mp and heals. Or buff silence by giving it a longer affect time and shorter cool down.
    (0)

11. 10-27-2019 10:14 PM

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 LastLast