Player
    Character
    Cat Sidhe
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    A couple more ideas I had/want to also agree with;

1) Window Boxes (and gardening in general) are a much needed thing for, at the very least, apartments, and here is why. Small houses can have an outdoor garden which allows them to grow eight crops, medium houses have double that at sixteen, and large houses have a whopping triple at twenty-four, but wait, there's more. Inside the houses themselves you can have two, three, and four flower pots respectively, which you can still use to at least grow crops you desire (not just flowers, and obviously not for cross breeding). So this means that their actual number comes out to ten, eighteen, and twenty-six.

Now, how many crop spaces do Apartments, the only thing many of us can even purchase at the moment to call something our home, hold. Two. Only two flower pots, and nothing else, which makes it so that a great deal of players are not only stuck with small yields for their day to day gardening, but also can never cross breed. That's huge, because while a seemingly small part of the garden at first, it actually locks a load of fun and content out from the player, forcing them to either not grow crops or buy them from the market board.

Window Boxes would be a step in the right direction, as they allow even us peasants who can only obtain an apartment to still partake in this small aspect of the game. The size of the Window Box should be appropriate in relation to other houses, which means they should be either three or four crop plots. Three would be in a straight line along the window, four would be a square and slightly more compact against the window OR two separate Window Boxes with two crop plots each. This would allow for cross breeding to still take place, just in a very limited capacity. If this were to be added I and many other players would be grateful and overcome with joy.

2) Though not a necessity, especially since we have a moogle downstairs who is happy to deliver and send our letters, an in-apartment mailbox would be nice.

3) But what we really could use, and this is a general housing item altogether, is a place-able market board furnishing, so that we can conduct our merchant business from the comfort of our own homes. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants this and I think it is well deserved, we spend a lot of time decorating our houses and chambers, but more often than not I find myself standing outside my apartment so that I can use the market board as well.

that sums up my additional ideas, will add more when I think of some, hope you all add some more too!

tl;dr read only the bold parts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirez View Post
    The reasons you're both against auctioning are covered in my suggestions, FC's would require a minimum of 10 people to bid on a house thus getting rid of skeleton FCs
    Actually, it wouldn't since you can just make alts and add them into the FC. This also punishes players who prefer to have an FC with just a group of close friends and not expand beyond that point. At the moment, a friend and I make up what is essentially a two person FC yet both of us are probably more active than 100 person FCs. We're just friends outside the game and help each other out with crafting.
    (2)

Player

Housing part 1

1 house & 1 fc per server is a good idea. Alts on same server cannot buy housing.

1 per account thing isn\\'t. People have spent years playing multiple servers. They should each have an option to buy a house.

Fc should be separated or have a different type of house for ranking systems. They can spend company seals for houses or make new fc currency. Do journeys to upgrade plots.

Give it an area that can do the shops since no one really uses those house skins & big markets with its own currency. Keep fc out of residential areas. Make 3 new areas for fc to be in.
    keep it so private housing can do shops as well.

Make a "friends access" option. people are coming up on the land or in my house asking me to sell my home to them .I am in lavender beds. I had friends over so i opened the access. It wasn"t meant to be open for the public.

Not only are the people without housing unhappy but the people bugging the ones with housing are getting that way too.
    (1)

Player

As for the rush? Make a real estate center. People place a request one for a house, cottage, or mansion. They have 4 styles to choose from. Which is the goblet, lv beds, mist or Shiro. They can customize it to a point. They can choose plots available. If its not available, an estimated time it will be will post.
    Some plots may sell out. Oh well. Not everyone can live in plot 30 or 60 in a shiro. there are others.
    At least they know they will get what they want & when instead of not knowing when the next housing is coming out.
    "When" is much better than ' if '
    Move out fc to new areas first. Getting fc out of housing will free up a lot of plots. Let fc convert gil to the new fc currency to buy plots or transfer to fc zones temporarily. Have fc earn more new currency by opening shops and stores with items from voyages and things from the work shop.

Fc are supposed to be ready stations for battle and planning. They really shouldn't look like my rich neighbors' house should it?
    (1)

Player

Thank you for listening to us. I hope our ideas help.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cat Sidhe
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne_Endeavor View Post
    Fair enough, I didn't consider that. Maybe if a player's account can only join a specific FC once? That would prevent you from adding alts to the same FC and "expanding" that way.. but you and 9 other friends could still accomplish the same effect. And like you said, there are some pretty tiny FCs out there, I owned one for a year with less than 10 that dropped to just me for months lol. So indeed the minimum cap wouldn't work, or at the very least it'd hamper a lot of small FCs. Like others have said, maybe FC's should be completely instanced and the community housing should be single player only, as there is no real way to prevent alt fc's and alt characters from creating a large FC to fake it till they make it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cat Sidhe
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Afyde View Post
    I agree with the one per account notion, it would indeed be unfair to essentially lock players out of owning a house on another server if they frequent between two or three, which is why I said there should be a four house cap on accounts. Any more than four I feel would be overkill though as it's pretty unlikely that someone can split their efforts between four separate characters on separate worlds in separate friend groups and still play the game to its fullest.

Again, I feel that due to the aforementioned FC sniping and alt character roundabout methods that Bourne brought up there isn't much leeway for community FC housing. I'm now under the impression that only by instancing FC housing can we fix that problem. But! I do have a small idea. Perhaps FC's could form Alliances with one another. If they did this, their instanced houses could "merge" and be side by side (In the case of my Ishgard housing idea, the two islands would be tethered to one another! would be neat). This would let you have that same community feel while preventing FC snipers from taking up all the houses in an area. On that note, if Ishgardian housing were a thing.. maybe you could spend FC currency to get FC exclusive islands? For instance, up to 3 Airship hangar islands, FC exclusive merchants, that FC wheel buff thing but better on an island, etc etc. There's a lot of potential for customization and additions if SE were to go an instanced house on a floating island honestly.

As for the second post, I think a Real Estate Center is a necessity, as not only could it let you see all available houses at once and prevent you from having to sprint out there to each one to place bids/purchase a house, but it could also send out notifications about housing that is to be demolished via moogle mail. A great idea indeed, there's no real downside to it other than players not looking at the plot in person, but I figure most people would want to do that anyhow.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cat Sidhe
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    One more addition that's probably been suggested before but would be great for customization; Lawn Flooring. I can't be the only one who is bored (and always have been) with the normal green grass day in and day out. While it seems that Hydaelyn doesn't experience seasons, we here on Earth all know them quite well, and so when it's Christmas and I see everyone with green as heck lawns, it strikes me as unrealistic. Now of course, there are some places in the world where Winter does have green lawns, but as I'm personally from Canada that's never been the case for me. So, rather than a seasonal change in lawn colours or anything like that, letting players choose their lawn, whether it be green grass, dirt, stone, snow, etc, would give them that feeling of home and belonging. The only foreseeable issue that I could see being brought up is that loading these floor textures would be taxing, but if they're tagged as an item they despawn just like all other items do when far away enough, leaving the default map underneath. Wouldn't cause an issue at all.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mhalina Sedai
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 58
    1 house per account per server... its isnt hard....
    Put a price value on an house and put max price according to x% house value...
    Everyone should be able to buy an house

Why would someone own 4 plots when new comer cant get one because of selfish players that bought em all just to resell em to other people for crazy profit?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wolftamer Little
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargonius View Post
    1 house per account per server... its isnt hard....
    Put a price value on an house and put max price according to x% house value...
    Everyone should be able to buy an house

Why would someone own 4 plots when new comer cant get one because of selfish players that bought em all just to resell em to other people for crazy profit?
    Not everyone with multiple homes buys them to flip them. Seriously, I make more money using the gardens of my 6 houses than I ever could flipping and then hunting for the next buy.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast