Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90

Discard of items

Cannot discard free armor items SE emailed to me since patch. Cannot sell either.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Summer Kai
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 21

Same for Veteran's Rewards -- Can't Discard or Sell to Vendor

Has this always been the case or maybe a bug introduced in 4.1? Trying to get rid of duplicate Fat Chocobo Head and Goblin Cap received from Jonthas. Apparently I already have them in the Armoire.
    (1)
    Last edited by chrismp; 10-13-2017 at 04:10 AM.

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I was speaking about the emailed veteran rewards. I have no duplicates but cannot discard them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Just dump them in your armoire? You'll still be stuck with them, but they won't take up any inventory space and you don't have to remember they exist.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Verse Strehinest
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismp View Post
    Has this always been the case or maybe a bug introduced in 4.1? Trying to get rid of duplicate Fat Chocobo Head and Goblin Cap received from Jonthas. Apparently I already have them in the Armoire.
    Also happened to me. I can discard Goblin Cap, but not Fat Chocobo Head. Does this count as bug ?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Besame View Post
    Cannot discard free armor items SE emailed to me since patch. Cannot sell either.
    This part's intentional. You can't discard them because there's no way to get them again if you did. You can put them in the armoire so they don't take up storage space.

Quote Originally Posted by chrismp View Post
    The ability to get them from Jonathas was introduced in 4.1, and with that, the ability to end up with duplicates. They had never been discardable, but when people only got the one they were mailed as a vet reward, and could dump it in the Armoire, that wasn't an issue. Now, duplicates are an issue. SE should update Jonathas to not trade them to you if you already have one (including having it on a retainer or in your armoire).

I'm pretty sure the mounts, minions, and bardings already work this way, that you can't trade for them if you already have them. But for gear it checks only whether you have it in current active inventory, which can leave you with a non-discardable duplicate if you have it elsewhere.
    (1)