Player
    Character
    Sin Catvrix
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Maero View Post
    I really think some of you are making it sound more expensive then it actually is in regards to server upgrades. No i do not have a figure but SE CAN afford to upgrade the servers, they just use sub money on their other game projects instead..
    Other games i am sure have less revenue and less servers (Elder Scrolls Online as example) and have nowhere near the issues with housing that we have.
    They could cut some of there promotion budget to. painting aa side of a bulding for Sb release was silly for it last what 2 days.traveling every in the world is nice but put some money back into the game.. we were promised maijor upgrades with ps3 limitations gone, yet we cant have 45 + clickable items in our houses with out items not rendering till your almost 5 feet from them
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Riella Rhelianah
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby-Chan View Post
    My housing solution:

1) Return all money and items to all players and reset all plots.
    That hardly sounds fair as my FC already have a house (in Mist Ward 1) ever since housing was implemented. And now we need to lose it and leave it to sheer luck to get it back?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sin Catvrix
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Iveriad View Post
    That hardly sounds fair as my FC already have a house (in Mist Ward 1) ever since housing was implemented. And now we need to lose it and leave it to sheer luck to get it back?
    This is my whole point about taking away from multi house owners isn't fair either. I've had 3 houses for a year on a server that didn't have housing problems till SE did free transfer.

All this stems from SE's greed and no one really sees it or says any thing. If you stop char creatition on a server you don't allow people to still pay to transfer there. they allowed people to transfer into Balmug to the point they had to lock it all togther and come up with a way to get them off there now. So free transfer came into effect. causing house problems on servers that never had them before.. Yes high n med pop servers had problems, but most lower pop servers like my server did not have a housing issue other then not enough larges..heck the night before free transfers there was still med plots for 8.5mil
    (4)

Player
    Character
    S'epto Nyte
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Siniztor View Post
    If you stop char creatition on a server you don't allow people to still pay to transfer there. They allowed people to transfer into Balmug to the point they had to lock it altogether and come up with a way to get them off there now. So free transfer came into effect.
    I do agree about the whole SE's greed thing but, just for the record, the incentives to transfer people off of Balmung didn't get most of the players to leave. It was a mix of friends who started playing during Stormblood and the 3+hour login queues for the first two weeks of Stormblood which did the real damage. Once SE implemented the daily forced logoff of EVERYONE IN THE GAME the massive wave of transfers came to a halt.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sin Catvrix
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Septonyte View Post
    I do agree about the whole SE's greed thing but, just for the record, the incentives to transfer people off of Balmung didn't get most of the players to leave. It was a mix of friends who started playing during Stormblood and the 3+hour login queues for the first two weeks of Stormblood which did the real damage. Once SE implemented the daily forced logoff of EVERYONE IN THE GAME the massive wave of transfers came to a halt.
    I have to disagree here... Because being Free was one of if not the biggest incentive to transfer or more would of left prior
    (0)
    Last edited by Siniztor; 10-21-2017 at 07:36 AM.

6. 10-21-2017 07:11 AM

Player
    Character
    Heart Break
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 56
    Quote Originally Posted by Siniztor View Post
    I have to disagree here... Because being Free was one of if not the biggest incentive to transfer or more would of left prior
    Key word there was for BALMUNG. None of the other servers offer anything close to the player ran events on Balmung. It's 100% of the reason why I would never leave Balmung. And this is coming after having been on several small-med pop servers.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    N'ao Tenbe
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 72
    Doing a housing reset would not be fair or viable at all.
    Forcing a 1 house 1 FC per server per account would be unfair to some, but it would alleviate a lot of problems. That said, to be slightly fair, all alts on that server should have access to the house that the player owns.
    An overall new system for relinquishing and purchasing the houses needs to be put in as well to discourage or outright eliminate property flipping.
    A better system for when new wards are released.

I think these are they key things a lot of people can agree on.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NaoTenbe View Post
    Forcing a 1 house 1 FC per server per account would be unfair to some, but it would alleviate a lot of problems.
    Ideally we should all have as many houses as we like but as long as there is limited supply then the amount of houses a player can have should be limited to match.

One personal house and one fc house per server is enough. This won't punish fc masters for simply leading a fc, and if alts on the same server have access to the personal house then this will soften the blow to those who have several houses. To further soften the blow those players should be able to choose which houses to keep and get refunded the full price of the plot and building permit of those they discard.

On top of this tenancy slots in private houses should remain to allow sharing with other players, and larger houses should have more tenancy slots to reflect the size of the building.

These are definitely not cure all fixes but they would go a long way to improve what is currently available to us.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Atlantis Yumemora
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I feel for FC's you should have more than 10 members to own a house. I been seeing FC's made that only have one person with the sole purpose of getting a house to flip. There are so many solutions hopefully there is one that can benefit everyone. I have 1 house I would like to keep it that way lol! No resets please, I took a lot of time and effort in decorating my house XD.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Megumin Lensflare
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70

Part 1 - Instance and Ghost housing

One solution would be this:

(Instance house/or maybe even plot housing)
    Have an NPC that sells ghost plots. Meaning paying for a plot that doesn't exist in the game. So long you have the money you can just pay it.
    Pros: Zero randomnesses, Zero obstructions and 100% availability so long you have the GIL.

[If instance]
    Then once it is paid, you will immediately receive the plot

[If normal plot]
    Then once it is paid, you wait for the next "Ghost housing implementation patch day" where Square Enix will launch those houses for people used the NPC to buy the house. That way there will be no oversupply and won't stress the server. You will get it eventually maybe wait for a month or two instead of never getting it. This will also give you (developers) time to put in plots/wards that will balance out demand/supply. Everyone will get a house, so long they can pay for it. That should be the only ceiling of getting the house.

Also, 1 house for personal and 1 for FC. This is key.
    (0)

Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast