Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 711
  1. #521
    Player
    silverlunarfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Shirogane
    Posts
    1,012
    Character
    Loki Spellwind
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Abelfei View Post
    No one said server erros were " part of the game " thats just an irresponsible quote. I did in fact in fact imply that some getting plots and some not was part of the game, but good job with the context there. Login errors didnt pick random players, they happened to everyone, and randomly. If you got one you werent special, you were normal.
    If you worked that hard and didn't get one it's not the systems fault, it's yours along with some chance. Thats part of the game.
    you then said
    You can't blame login issues cause everyone was subject to the same login process.
    Which you most certainly can blame log in issues, which are NOT part of the game. But hey everyone gets the same chance of hitting that error, which you imply whether you meant to or not, is part of the game.

    And log in errors were random.

    Login errors didnt pick random players, they happened to everyone, and randomly.
    So they happened to everyone but randomly? But they didnt pick random players?

    The errors that occured were most definitely random in whom they happened too. However the biggest one seemed to affect mostly PS4 players. Which are already gimped in load times if people don't upgrade their hard drives. So its never truly equal now is it?

    Location, ping, servers, hardware. The housing system is not an equal process. Someone will always benefit over others. If you got an error on top of this lack of equality, it definitely made you not special, but the unluckiest person out there. anything but normal.

    However, your logic is one that cannot be argued with. So enjoy the houses you bought from flippers....where you thereby contributed to the problem....instead of using the system as intended like you like implying...
    (9)

  2. #522
    Player
    Maero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,474
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    @ Abelfei. Are you for real? You are clearly blind by the issues that are housing
    I have been trying since housing was released to get a house (usually more wards are added while i am at work)
    This time i took holiday and logged on time only to be in a queue of 1700 people...
    Hell some people were in a Queue of under 400 and ended up with a error and had to re-log in.

    I worked hard to save up around 25mil gil and all for nothing. And to be clear i just saved up the 25 mil from the period of a few months before Stormblood hit, i spent my gil from the other years i failed to obtain a home.
    The system is very broken. I will repeat myself from other posts i had done in that Eso which i have played less then a year i got a large home 2 months after housing was implemented with no issue. Here cannot even get it over 3 years after the fact..
    A instanced and non-instanced mix is the solution to much of the problems.

    Until people stop kissing __ we will never see real solutions
    (12)

  3. #523
    Player
    Penthea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    2,013
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Abelfei View Post
    Buy a 2nd account?
    Okay this guy is trolling. Lol.
    (8)

  4. 10-19-2017 02:42 AM

  5. #524
    Player
    Vivi239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    10
    Character
    Aphelion Wyrmlord
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Maero View Post
    I worked hard to save up around 25mil gil and all for nothing. And to be clear i just saved up the 25 mil from the period of a few months before Stormblood hit, i spent my gil from the other years i failed to obtain a home.
    The system is very broken. I will repeat myself from other posts i had done in that Eso which i have played less then a year i got a large home 2 months after housing was implemented with no issue. Here cannot even get it over 3 years after the fact..
    A instanced and non-instanced mix is the solution to much of the problems.

    Until people stop kissing __ we will never see real solutions
    I feel your pain, I don't have quite as much gil as you, but more than enough for a small house, and I ended up having the exact same problem as you
    (4)

  6. #525
    Player
    Maero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,474
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi239 View Post
    I feel your pain, I don't have quite as much gil as you, but more than enough for a small house, and I ended up having the exact same problem as you
    Yep it sucks. I know next patch (or the one after that, not sure) they are adding more wards but that simply means another disapointment. I am just going to use my gil for glams and such now. Mot confident in housing anymore
    (4)

  7. #526
    Player
    Vivi239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    10
    Character
    Aphelion Wyrmlord
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Maero View Post
    Yep it sucks. I know next patch (or the one after that, not sure) they are adding more wards but that simply means another disapointment. I am just going to use my gil for glams and such now. Mot confident in housing anymore
    We can always hope for change, but I've learned to keep my expectations low.
    (0)

  8. #527
    Player
    Iveriad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    73
    Character
    Riella Rhelianah
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Abelfei View Post
    ]Everyone who dislikes the housing system usually is someone who didn't put in the time or effort like others have, or got "screwed" at a housing release.
    I managed to snag my self a house in Shirogane, and I put time and effort to decorate my house, my apartment, and my FC Room. But still, I disagree.
    Yes, I worked hard to get a house in Shirogane, taking a paid vacation, logged in and got hit by lobby error, and got 1,016 players in queue message after the third login attempt, and I ran for it to snag a house. THAT is not the image of "working hard" I feel proud of doing. It's more of a hassle caused by a broken system and I just happened to get lucky.
    (12)

  9. #528
    Player
    Siniztor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    321
    Character
    Siniztor Eternos
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Heres my idea on how the wards should be added and sold

    50 wards are gonna be released in each city

    For the first hour ..
    1-Wards 1-10 FC's with out a house only
    2-Wards 11-20 FC transfer only
    3-Wards 21-30 Players with out a house
    4-Wards 31-40 Players transfering there house
    5-Wards 41-50 free for all
    After the first hour all wards become free for all

    Keep in that thats each city so thats 12,000 plots (2,400 in each of the 5 restrctions)
    (0)

  10. #529
    Player
    Alleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,277
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Abelfei View Post
    The housing system is more fine than it is broken. Everyone with a house feels its fine because they worked hard for it and earned it with saavy and time. Everyone who dislikes the housing system usually is someone who didn't put in the time or effort like others have, or got "screwed" at a housing release. Square knows exactly what they are doing with housing, and its why most people play the game. Making housing "un-elite" will ruin the game, and thus ruin why housing is popular in the first place. The only reason people want them is because they are rare and represent status and hard work. I have overpaid for a small, 10 million for small Goblet. I have overpaid for a medium, 90 million for medium Mist.
    How about not throwing everyone to a certain side? I own a house and I still feel that this system is horrible and completely unfair. Also there is no "effort" with housing just pure luck. Everyone can increase their gil to be able to buy their dream house in this game. Heck yesterday my retainer just brought me one of the full house decorations back which is selling for 17 million right now. If this one item will sell then I already have near enough for a middle house. Its not hard or such a great effort to buy a house in this game..the problem comes with the limit on the amount of houses and there is no effort in getting one. Either you got lucky and got through or you dont. There is no skill involved with that...

    Also I am kinda not sure how many people truly see them as status symbols. I dont, because they did not need any kind of skill just luck to get and thus there is nothing to show. I dare to say that most people simply want their little home in this world where they can decorate, or RP, or do other stuff with it and lots of FC probably also just want one for having a place to meet and be able to use the workshop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abelfei View Post
    If you worked that hard and didn't get one it's not the systems fault, it's yours along with some chance. Thats part of the game. Alot of people make gil, alot of people play alot. Because they got one and you didn't you are mad. If you got one you wouldn't be mad. This is FFXIV, not any other game, so it should be held to its own standards. If you think the amount of houses is too low, maybe you should work harder at getting one, like the people who got one did? You can't blame login issues cause everyone was subject to the same login process. Everyone played by the same rules. Not everyone is going to get a house, sorry. I bought my plots from friends who have played since 1.0, because they got new ones. You could do the same, but only seem content with getting one the easy way instead of working for it like everyone else.
    What skill does it need to get a house? Be able to log in to the game and click on the plot? I mean seriously..there is nothing hard about that..the only reason many people dont have one is the limit and no amount of "skill" can change that. Many people did not even get the chance to race to their houses with others thanks to the bad servers, so how is it skill to just be lucky? Also how should people work harder to get one if there is none left? Buy them from those horrible resellers? You simply cant do anything if there is no plot left. You also did not work for your plots. You just got lucky that your friends didnt need them anymore and thus was able to get them quite easily. Barely anyone will have friends that are just waiting to release their houses..please stop calling something like that hard work or skill. Its luck nothing more.

    Also here you say that you got them from friends and yet in another post you wrote that you paid for overpriced housing. Either you have some really mean friends or you are just not telling the truth here and just try to stir up some trouble.
    (7)
    Last edited by Alleo; 10-19-2017 at 08:13 PM.
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

  11. #530
    Player
    AlthusRitoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    34
    Character
    Yuzuki Sakamoto
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 61
    Naoki Yoshida is heading to London for special autograph and Q & A session for people who are selected. Perhaps people can go ask him directly?
    (2)

Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast