Player
    Character
    Yunarin Manarei
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70

Housing solution - SLUMS districts

This isn't THE solution but I think one of many solutions for fixing things where they stand right now, with keeping neighborhood interactions and whatnot intact.

I think they should add a "SLUMS" district (for lack of a better word, uhh... the "housing district") that goes with every ward (a sub-sub ward) where houses aren't all nicely placed like they are now, but instead all placed in rows side by side with still some gardening etc available, but it's a lot more "cramped". I mean a LOT more space efficient, a LOT so they can fit like 100-150 in a zone. SERIOUSLY SIDE by SIDE.

This would mean not so much extra server load for dedicated housing areas while still creating the neighborhood areas that people that don't want instanced housing would be able to enjoy, while being able to house SEVERAL TIMES MORE residents and FCs.

SPACE EFFICIENCY.

...(continued)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yunarin Manarei
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Actually cause there would be more people in the area, the neighborhood feel would be largely enhanced and there would always be people around outside etc in the public spaces.. mini parks anyone? seriously, to some it would be more attractive even.
    You could even have FC ONLY districts that are spaced efficiently.

Also, for the remaining regular houses... They should allow people to put their houses on some kind of marketing board WITH heavy taxation. 10-20% of sale price is paid as tax, rest goes to seller. This would at least encourage SOME people to sell their plots at least, freeing up a few and also letting some of those really rich FCs or people to spend their money and decrease the overall world money total (and thus reducing inflation at least even a little).

People that just want a house or just want to garden could be encouraged to sell their houses and move into the "housing district" areas....
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Siegfried Reinfold
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 76
    Good idea, will make the homeless peasants happy
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nyaathan Meowski
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    While I like this idea, I believe that so many houses in one area would put massive strain on server resources along with client. If 100 people in one area can cause lag and delay in appearance of objects/player/enemies, I dread to think of the implications of over 100 houses in close proximity plus all their outside decor.
    Server resources is also a reason why they don't have more wards like some people are suggesting.
    For the record I'm not against increased housing (I for one would like an M house instead of an S).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kuroshi Dawn
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I will agree with this concept I mean it's an idea, I don't see s.e giving any ideas so frankly this could be something
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yunarin Manarei
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Banyaanyaa View Post
    While I like this idea, I believe that so many houses in one area would put massive strain on server resources along with client. If 100 people in one area can cause lag and delay in appearance of objects/player/enemies, I dread to think of the implications of over 100 houses in close proximity plus all their outside decor.
    Server resources is also a reason why they don't have more wards like some people are suggesting.
    For the record I'm not against increased housing (I for one would like an M house instead of an S).
    Yeah after giving it some careful thought, things do get pretty laggy at times during huge crowds, like S ranks or Stormblood release ixion... But thankfully YoshidaP just posted about adding additional wards and maybe changing the rules about how they are sold, so that's good for people who were unfortunate about getting a house.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bright Willow
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Yeah I was thinking maybe instanced campgrounds, similar to apartments but outdoors, so you can garden and see the sky and everything. If they can do instanced apartments more easily, I wonder if they could do instanced houses and yards, that you could visit similar to the apartments?

With regard to server congestion, Shirogane Ward 1 had sooooo many people the day before patch drop and it was functional, so I think your idea of townhouses might be ok. But yeah I agree, I wish instead of just duplicating the same lavish housing area they would find some way to increase how many people get a home + yard. "The slums" is a perfect throwback nostalgia name

Patch 4.1 was crazy, if you had a log error or had to restart your game launcher, it only cost you a few minutes but put you in queue behind over a thousand people on my server D:

Glad they are adding more housing in 4.2 though
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yunarin Manarei
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Komoritane View Post
    With regard to server congestion, Shirogane Ward 1 had sooooo many people the day before patch drop and it was functional, so I think your idea of townhouses might be ok. But yeah I agree, I wish instead of just duplicating the same lavish housing area they would find some way to increase how many people get a home + yard. "The slums" is a perfect throwback nostalgia name
    Yeah I'm glad they are adding houses for 4.2 as well!! I like your idea of instanced campgrounds etc... in a sense, I sometimes wish they had more "casual" things to do as a break from the grinds, for example, community areas to do activities? I'm not sure but just imagine, something ANIMAL CROSSING like with lots to do!
    (0)