Player
    Character
    Kipp Kaida
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70

Level 40 leves can't pass.

We all know leves are the best, easiest, and cheapest way to level up now for a crafting class. I pretty much leveled from 30-42 doing just leves.

Now I can finally do atleast 2 of the level 40 leves they give me.... when they actually give me them. The only leves that keep popping up are the stupid velveteen shirts ones. The dated velveteen synths.

I get support, I have up to par equippment, and I'm doing level 48 new synths on my own without support. Why can't I do this one synth?

Dev team, can you please get rid of these dated gear recipes? Not only can't I complete them, I can't do the other leves that I can actually complete because they got blocked by the shirt leves.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Panzer Strike
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    I did those also when I was 40 even though my leather was 20. I even got to the point of hastyhanding then at 45 there not tough. If you don't have it already preserve from alchemist is a life safety for harder synth.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    i used nothing but hasty hand on leves. if i failed one id just redo it on spot. success rate would be 3/5 4/5 norm, on arm. I know i lose xp from that but the bonus was good so i could do more leves in less time. may not benefit you on the lvl 40 but try it on the 35's if yea want.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kipp Kaida
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    I just realized that the subclass skill level for leatherworker needs to be 35. I thought SE didn't want this anymore? IMO they need to get rid of these old synths and just add some new ones. Can't be that hard can it?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRiser View Post
    I just realized that the subclass skill level for leatherworker needs to be 35. I thought SE didn't want this anymore? IMO they need to get rid of these old synths and just add some new ones. Can't be that hard can it?
    The plan is for dated recipes to be completely removed from Disciples of the Hand leves in patch 1.22.
    (27)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Onji Temjin
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    In other words a little patience my friend. The reason that dated recipes still require support/sub craft is just that, they are dated. They are phasing out the support thing along with the dated recipes
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vile Brigandier
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    The plan is for dated recipes to be completely removed from Disciples of the Hand leves in patch 1.22.
    That's great news, but 1.22 is going to be quite a wait. My Weaver is at 42 right now and the dated leves that require leatherworker sub are killing me. As it is I have to accept them and abandon/fail them in hopes of getting Woolen Cloth or something that doesn't have that subjob requirement.

Would it be possible to just have them axe the leves that require the subskills? Wouldn't care if they are dated recipes if that were the case.
    (4)
    Account deactivated. Holding out for Guild Wars 2.

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Stupid maple syrup leve from Alchemy requiring culinary makes me want to grab my subligar and whack someone....
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Brigandier View Post
    That's great news, but 1.22 is going to be quite a wait. My Weaver is at 42 right now and the dated leves that require leatherworker sub are killing me. As it is I have to accept them and abandon/fail them in hopes of getting Woolen Cloth or something that doesn't have that subjob requirement.
    You can make Velveteen Shirt Front on this level (level 46 recipe). You need Undyed Velveteen (x2) and Cotton Yarn (x1). It should give you ~ 450 exp
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Halvaard Vidan
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    If there is atleast 2 leves at that level available, pick them both up, ignore the one that requires sub-craft, finish other, turn in, collect non-subcraft leve again, repeat.