Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Pa Lin'guine
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    Oh dear lord, please don't make it like old school FF. Micromanaging every little thing is going to take forever, and they would need 'pause' event like an RTS.

I think the micromanaging part is balanced enough. Engage/disengage is required to have that 'alert' on heals or mechanics. Squadron is basically extension of us, not separate AI who thinks independent. They're stuck on 1 mode until we disengage. Think of it like separate muscle memory, some people just spam rotations until they are alerted by something. AoE need a separate engage mode but I haven't seen a real problem where they can't kill small pulls.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zara Diaspora
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas-Ancora View Post
    This is the 20th wipe I've had on Tonberry King.
    20??? Went in as DPS and took the guy out after dying once. Still 20, would be a test of sanity. I was in there as RDM though..

I do think it's annoying that the tank goes around to gather all the adds but still it is manageable. Just need to do things in a bit different way.

Out of all the dungeons though this is the only one I've had any real issues with. I haven't done B.L. as a DPS so maybe the tank won't move him out of the puddles.

Quote Originally Posted by Barachim View Post
    I only played 3 Missions with the Squadron so far. It's not terrible, but could definitely use some improvements. The major thing that annoyed me, is that the Squadron would always attack another target, instead of the one I was aggroing...
    That is another good point. I would Shield Lob the first mob I could and they would attack a completely different one. Don't know..maybe I need to tap engage on what I'm trying to focus on too at the very beginning. I have to accept the fact that I need to make some adjustments too, so can't blame it entirely on my squadron.
    (0)
    Last edited by Leigaon; 10-19-2017 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigaon View Post
    20??? Went in as DPS and took the guy out after dying once. Still 20, would be a test of sanity. I was in there as RDM though..
    what job was your DPS partner? i failed 8x on RDM with a Squad LNC and gave up.

i've cleared on RDM and DRG with a Squad ARC as my DPS partner with little problem.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Barachim Vandal
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    So... played the Duty with the Tonberry King, this time as a dps and had pretty much the same experience as everybody else. It was crazy to watch the Tank run around like a complete lunatic. I had to hit my engage button non-stop, to keep my Tank on the boss. And in the end, my Tank became utterly useless. Every time I hit engage to get the tank back to the boss, he would disengage 2 seconds later, because another add spawned. So my tank would literally do nothing else but run back and forth.

Now more than ever I want something like FFXII's gambit system. It can even be completely simplified. Let me be able to set 4-5 parameters for a Squadron member. Stuff like heal immediately when a party member falls under 50% health, immediately attack adds that spawn, re-focus on adds that attack the healer, focus on boss, focus on same target, etc.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    https://youtu.be/d_p9prKt86w
    Squads need a nerf if anything!
    (0)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Ferth Fontaine
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    https://youtu.be/d_p9prKt86w
    Squads need a nerf if anything!
    Archers are definitely OP right now, but tanks are practically useless, as your video aptly demonstrates. And archers seem to be the only dps class for squads that are that strong.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Carlo Vinne
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferth View Post
    Archers are definitely OP right now, but tanks are practically useless, as your video aptly demonstrates. And archers seem to be the only dps class for squads that are that strong.
    I dunno, I think Rogues are pretty good as well. After all, I saw mine tank the final boss of Wanderer's Palace while the MRD was focused on not tanking.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I feel like squadrons at first anyhow you must always engage-disengage-re-engage and it tends to go better.
    At first my tank would never turn the bosses around but now he does so they do get more intelligent. Also to note is their actual stats and what you train them in.
    My Bard plays like actually player Bards in that he attacks before the tank can get to the enemy. My healer heals great and sure loves to dps, haha

My squad i mainly use is Pld, Whm, Archer and myself as whatever
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nana Hya
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    If you number the monsters, they won't follow the kill order... well, also happens with real players, so realistic AI so far !
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Franceska Lizha
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Who the heck tested this. Try to run Wanderer's Palace with the AI Tank. Utterly unplayable.
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast