Player
    Character
    Vineas Hillis
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70

About Character Transfer & Additional Retainers (Lodestone)

Hi guys,

Did anyone ever use these two services from Lodestone?

I've read about this service but I think some information are missing.
    Beside of personal housing and over the limit gil, what will we lose after the transfer?

1. I notice that all stuffs in our retainer and inventory will be carried over, how about items in the armoire within the inn? Will we lose that also?

2. "Rehire any retainers carried over from version 1.0" what the heck does this mean?

Secondly about the additional retainer services:
    It was written that we can have 2 additional retainers for free (no monthly fee), does this mean that we can have 4 retainers in total? Because I read somewhere that max retainer is only 2.

I need some enlightenment please. Thank you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Besides any housing and possibly gil over the limit, you should not lose anything from transferring to another server. The stuff in your armoire will carry over.

"Rehire any retainers carried over from version 1.0" only concerns characters which were played back in the 1.0 incarnation of this game, and lets you rehire old retainers. Since I am not one of those who played back in 1.0 I am afraid I do not know more than that about this option.

You get 2 retainers for free, and can pay for more up to a maximum of 8 retainers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I can probably help with this though as I use both those services and am also a 1.0 player.

MistakeNot has the right of it, but further clarification on the 1.0 retainer part is needed - that referred to retainers that players may have hired back in the original version of FFXIV (version 1.0) which is now shutdown and which ARR is a continuation and sequel to. 1.0 players can transfer their 1.0 character data into ARR the first time they play (instead of having to create a new character from scratch), and once they are started in the game, they can rehire their 1.0 retainer immediately (without having to play through the storyline to unlock retainers like normal).

Making a long story short, if a former 1.0 player transfers to a new server in ARR without having rehired their 1.0 retainer first on their original server, they will still be able to do that on their new server and won't lose that ability. That's basically all that means.

Hopefully this is not too confusing.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Vineas Hillis
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Thanks to both of you! Since I dont play the game before ARR, I guess I can be more relax about my current retainers..

One lingering question is the additional retainer service at mogstation:
    It is written as the following:

Retainers Service Fees
    Number of Additional Retainers Fee
    1 No Additional
    2 No Additional
    Per Additional 1.40 EUR/ 30days

Does the first two retainers = in game retainers that we obtain, or does it mean that we can hire 2 extra retainers without any additional fee?

Square Enix wording is so hard to digest some times.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    That refers to the 2 the game lets you hire. Retainers 1 and 2 are free, retainers 3-8 have an additional monthly fee as the chart tries to illustrate.

Edit: Re-reading that, it feels like I'm not being clear. The 2 in game retainers you already hired are what you get for free. Anything beyond that is the "additional" part that you pay the service fee for.
    (0)
    Last edited by Frizze; 10-11-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineas View Post
    Retainers Service Fees
    Number of Additional Retainers Fee
    1 No Additional
    2 No Additional
    They have a misplaced "Additional" in there that makes it confusing, saying "Number of Additional Retainers" where it should be "Number of Retainers". This should just say:

Retainers Service Fees
    Number of Retainers Fee
    1 No Additional
    2 No Additional

The first two listed there aren't additional. They're the two you get in game normally. It's the third and beyond that are additional (and that you need to pay for).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vineas Hillis
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Thanks guys for clarifying, it makes more sense now.. And so sorry about my post format, didn't realize it was a bit messed up..
    (0)