Player
    Character
    C'qhataia Ixa'ris
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70

What's the point of a Straight Shot bar...

If there's no way to know when STRAIGHTER SHOT proc's?!

Like, c'mon!

Just like taking a step forward, then going back 3 steps.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Mimiji Miji
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    They could have at least added a sound proc like they already have when you get full Repertoire stacks in Wanderer's... =A=
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nominous Lhant
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    I was (am) confused as well. Twin Snakes, Heavy Thrust, Shifu/Jinpu (among other things) are all very similar buffs, not tracked on a gauge. I don't think they need to be, but it strikes me as strange that they don't see that. I thought that maybe the reason for them tracking SS was for the explicit reason of pinging you when Straighter procs, but now it makes no sense.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ratithgar Jovasch
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Procs are already noted in the UI, though. I get a big glowing box around SS next to my character every time it procs.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mimiji Miji
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonseth07 View Post
    Procs are already noted in the UI, though. I get a big glowing box around SS next to my character every time it procs.
    That's on your hotbar though.
    Should you really be staring at your hotbar all the time waiting for procs going off when you're doing content that requires your attention like Ov3 and Ov4 Savage and EX Primals?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wolf Spyder
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Use a dedicated hotbar. Set it so that it only shows active slots. Add proc skills. Place hotbar somewhere near the on-screen action. Treat it only as a visual indicator. Voila.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    While this is an option it is true some information would better be shown on the gage.
    Concerning the bard, a glowing straight shot bar would do the trick imo.

As a astro I'd like to have my draw card on the interface for instance. Even sleeve draw CD would be nice (like the BLM infest charge bar for instance)

Same for the BLM. Thundercloud and fire III proc mark on the gage wouldn't hurt. I don't really need 3 crystals telling me I have 3 AF/UI. They could rework the crystal to have one of the crystal to have lightning around when Thundercloud is up or flames for f3.

Anyway, it seems they implemented a flexible enough system to improve those gage over time which is great
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ratithgar Jovasch
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimilu View Post
    That's on your hotbar though.
    Should you really be staring at your hotbar all the time waiting for procs going off when you're doing content that requires your attention like Ov3 and Ov4 Savage and EX Primals?
    Just to play devil's advocate: many top-end raiders position their hotbars so they can do exactly that while they play. Keeping track of all your CD's and procs is too important not to.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I've not noticed it on BRD. I don't think any BRD worth their slot would? The MCH however? It's just intrusive and blocks our actual gauge. Which is also why? Hot Shot is a part of of your normal rotation, except adds.....which die so fast AOE skills would probably still win
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvaria Molkot
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    It works alright with the full song gauge, and I do find myself forgetting about SS less. Simplified is just a mind f**k though, with the gauges going in opposite directions but ultimately counting-down / building-up to the same thing (i.e. the end of their respective buff).

So yeah, really wish they had made it optional (or separate), with an added effect for Straighter Shot, and gave the option to remove Straight/er Shot from the standard buff UI.
    (0)