Character
    Luna Tsukihime
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80

We need a statement from the developers

Regarding the housing.

The state the system is in right now is not in the least tolerable.

Yes, we have 12 wards, thats 2880 plots i think.

But a server has way more than that in players.

This doesnt work anymore.
    SE has to seriously change this system or there will be a lot of upset players.
    Already seeing threads popping up abut players leaving the game because of this.

The Ward idea worked for a while but it got rapidly worse with each influx of new players.

Adding more wards wont change anything imho.
    It's high time they switched housing to instanced, so every player who has saved up can get their house, something ALOT have looked forward to with this patch, only to be betrayed by the launcher and other factors.

It cannot be in the sense of the game to have all plots gone after 3 minutes the game went live.

If someone from SE reads this, please, we all are in love with the game, but it hurts to see things like this hurt the playerbase.

A sad Miqo.
    (73)

Player
    Character
    Cassie Caradoc
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    They have instanced housing and it's called apartments. The wards exist for a reason, however, and that reason is to inspire a sense of community. No one cares how cool your house is when it exists in a pocket dimension that only you and your close friends know or care about, but being able to see other people's houses as you walk by to your own creates a difficult-to-quantify yet important aspect of community awareness. It's one of the big reasons I've stuck with FFXIV for so long... the fact that they put a lot of effort into little things that really make it feel like you're living in a world instead of just playing a game.

That said... a lot of their caps are pretty ridiculous, and a relic of when the game was much smaller in terms of server population. 12 wards isn't enough, and certainly the cap on apartments makes no sense either. The amount of profit they're churning through in FFXIV is enough to almost entirely fund the development of other games like FFXV, and they promised that now that FFXV is done, that money would be reinvested back into the game that actually earned it. So my question is: why not reinvest it into the game by standing up more housing servers or, perhaps, even just more NA/EU servers in general? And why spit on the FCs that keep the game going by letting individuals overwhelm the housing market to the point that FCs that didn't have a house before Housingpocalypse probably still don't have one now.

And for the love of all that is holy, get rid of the ridiculous 1000 character cap on messages!
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Cacho'rro Dos'ventos
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    No we don't. I played this game for 2 years without a house just fine.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Apartments are not an adequate substitute for instanced housing. I am so tired of seeing that excuse. This current housing system is absolutely unacceptable; and what is even more unacceptable than that is the fact that one's chance of getting a house is royally screwed if you land a 2002 Lobby Error, or get thrown into a 1,000+ player queue, or if your launcher is completely non-responsive.

The only real solution is to shift completely to instanced housing. People don't care about these neighborhoods, which are dead on even the most popular of servers, when they have a higher chance of their pets learning how to fly than getting a house. Free-to-play MMOs have better housing systems than a subscription-based game that is supposed to be on-par with the likes of games like WoW. Utterly unacceptable.
    (33)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Willow Rivers
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    No instance housing. I like being able to see my neighbors and thier houses, it creates a community.
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Misty Mew
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bixillarla View Post
    No instance housing. I like being able to see my neighbors and thier houses, it creates a community.
    lololol

oh wait...you are serious?

lol
    (22)

MORE HIGH HEELS + INSTANCED HOUSING! !

Player
    Character
    Kodoyaki Takoyaki
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    Apartments are not an adequate substitute for instanced housing...The only real solution is to shift completely to instanced housing. People don't care about these neighborhoods...
    Wrong, wrong, wrong. Apartments are the instanced housing you're demanding. People do care about the sense of community that wards bring. Stop demanding SE uproot the entire damn system just to please people who will only find something else to whine about later.
    (9)
    Last edited by Kohdo; 10-10-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Player
    Character
    Anna Klein
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    People do care about community, including me. I hang out with my neighbors, and many times I have perused the houses in my housing area. It gives a sense of, "This is mine. I own this, nobody else does." It's something to be proud of and invest in. Instanced housing does not give that same feeling.

I would be okay with apartments being the instanced form of housing, especially if they made "suites" (small house sized), "lofts" (medium house sized), or "penthouse" (large sized). Obviously those names are not mandatory. Make those available to only player characters, and leave the houses to free companies. Increase the cap on apartments, and up the prices. I think that would solve a lot.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bixillarla View Post
    A community that 80% (more, actually) of the active player base won't be a part of. Some "community."

Most housing wards on my server (which, for the record all housing was gone--Shirogane AND other wards--in less than 20 minutes, and it is not even considered a "Congested World") are completely dead. A lot of housing wards on Balmung, the most populated server, are completely dead; ghost towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohdo View Post
    Wrong, wrong, wrong. Apartments are the instanced housing you're demanding. People do care about the sense of community that wards bring. Stop demanding SE uproot the entire damn system just to please people who will only find something else to whine about in time.
    So tell me where I can garden in my apartment? Where can I put my outdoor furnishing? Where can an FC put their company workshop? You get a single room with 100-item limit--that is not "housing." That is a glorified FC room (and FC rooms are actually cheaper, plus you get all the benefits of the house itself, including gardening). But wait. Less than 20% of the active playerbase will have a house, and the majority of the time it will be FC versus Personal.

Apartments are not a solution, so stop saying that they are.

Edit because of arbitrary daily post limit:

Quote Originally Posted by MistakeNot View Post
    You do know that WoW doesn't really have any housing system at all? (Unless you count garrisons, which few people do).
    So in at least that regard FFXIV is not only on-par with the likes of WoW, but actually much better.
    I wasn't referring to the housing system specifically here; but that was probably poor wording on my part. I was referring to how the developers want this game to be on-par with WoW but they can't even implement things that F2P games have (Glamour Logs, Housing, etc.); it took them this long to implement a way for Chocobo timers to be visible on your HUD, to have a chocobo and a minion out at the same time--or to put commas in the experience bar.... I'm sorry, I just find that unacceptable in 2017. I'm sorry.
    (27)
    Last edited by HyoMinPark; 10-10-2017 at 09:21 PM.
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    is supposed to be on-par with the likes of games like WoW.
    You do know that WoW doesn't really have any housing system at all? (Unless you count garrisons, which few people do).
    So in at least that regard FFXIV is not only on-par with the likes of WoW, but actually much better.
    (3)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast