Player
    Character
    Leorik Antares
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 52

Returning player looking for advice

I have came back to the game after not really playing the game for a year or so. i stoped a little after 3.1. i have a few differant toons i have played but the one i have made the most progress with is my legacy char i had in 1.0 where pretty all my classes and jobs are over 50, but sence returning to the game i feel a bit lost in my rotations an trying to relearn my jobs is proveing a bit of a challenge for me. so my questions is would you all recomend a total restart of a new toon to relearn the game or should i just go to Potd an try to relearn my jobs in there. my main concern is i was gettin in to tanking before i quit the last time an i would hate to look like a total noob trying to relearn dungens an primal fights.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aoki Kha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Welcome back!
    I would recommend you run PoTD to re-learn things, unless you want to go through the story again to refresh yourself. They recently added a "Returning Adventurer" status that gives to access to resources like the Novice Network and EXP bonuses. You get a little icon by your name that indicates this too (if you choose to accept it).
    They've made a bunch of changes to combat since 4.0 dropped so almost everyone has had to re-learn their classes since then.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maral Malaguld
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Every job's a bit different as of 4.0, so don't feel too bad, especially considering that on top of that, all classes are once again balanced solely around what's at the level cap, and if something always feels off prior to then, welcome to the rest of our hell.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deacon Moore
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 79
    I'd say read your spells, beat up a few fates, then jump into a dungeon. Worst that could happen is we read about it on Tales from duty finder.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dirk Gently
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    if you get your squadron going you will be able to run some dungeons as whatever role you choose with AI for the other roles. That might be a good way to get back in the groove. With the MSQ being as long as it is, you might be disinclined to redo the whole thing. You could just progress with whatever you are most comfortable with until you get your squad up to dungeoning level. PotD is good but roles aren't super defined with randos just running through it like headless chickens.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leorik Antares
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 52
    thanks for the input think i may go back with my highest lvled toon an see what i can do, i hope to not make the tales of the duty finder tho lol
    (0)