Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mortechai Voidwatcher
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 68

Incentivise tanks and healers to actually play the game please.

Title of the post says it all.

https://imgur.com/a/1VtbJ
    (1)
    I have within me the blood of legends!

Player
    Character
    Lilla La'aurora
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Just queue up for the dungeon via Duty Finder, might seem faster with pf but I find nobody actually wants to join those and get stuck with whoever else for a few runs. When I level a dps I queue up, then watch a series or something in the background until the queue pops. You might also like leveling a crafter/gathering class or do fates in the meantime.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Mute Shellback
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortechai View Post
    Title of the post says it all.

https://imgur.com/a/1VtbJ
    How'd you add an incentive via PF when most people don't know how to use it properly?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mortechai Voidwatcher
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 68
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerScorcher View Post
    Just queue up for the dungeon via Duty Finder, might seem faster with pf but I find nobody actually wants to join those and get stuck with whoever else for a few runs. When I level a dps I queue up, then watch a series or something in the background until the queue pops. You might also like leveling a crafter/gathering class or do fates in the meantime.
    Been sat in a DF queue for 27mins now. I'll just redirect you back to the title of the OP for clarification.
    (1)
    I have within me the blood of legends!

Player
    Character
    Baci Asciar
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Play tank or healer. Problem solved
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Wynne Yilmaz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    DPS get long queues since a ton of people play them. Tanks and Healers get shorter queues since not a lot of people play them.

Also you give 0 suggestions on what kind of incentive's Tanks/Healers should get to remedy queues, so the least you could do is think of an idea rather than asking others to think of it for you.
    (10)
    I was the Almighty Enkidu for April Fools 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckett View Post
    To be fair, it's not so much a flame war as it's 12 pages of people agreeing the OP is an idiot.

Player
    Character
    Tatsu Masumi
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    I don't know about you but as a tank I wait like maybe 2 minutes max for my DF to pop. I'm actually playing the game. if I'm gonna pair with randoms I might as well not have to way 30 minutes.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zara Diaspora
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 63
    After taking time off from this game, I came back and realized the same thing. There's very little incentive to go back as a tank or healer to play.

Most people who play tank classes are already 70, same with Healers. You'll find very few who are still leveling (I am still leveling pld and drk but I keep taking breaks)

So with most people already at 70, and the very very few who are still leveling, the game is set up to give very little reason to go back and level. Even with roulettes.

I guess if you add in PoTD / Fate grinding and just the ease of leveling a tank it lowers things even more. I know with my PLD I can select the current dungeon I want and run it once, and quickly level up. As a DPS I'm at the mercy of roulette and hope I get something that doesn't give me low XP.
    (0)
    Last edited by Leigaon; 10-09-2017 at 10:31 PM.

9. 10-09-2017 10:38 PM
    Reason
    reason didn't mean to post

Player
    Character
    Lysira Sheness
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    Only incentive for Tanks/Healers is queue times. That's it.

At 70 there is no way to further progress. Clusters and the materia offered are generally worthless if not needed for melding onto gear and any gil received from selling them results in nothing you can feasibly spend it on.

So basically once Tanks and Healers run through the content once or finish up raiding or whatever they disappear back into the woodwork until the next content patch.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Luciero Darkwing
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Hear me good people, I bring to you a solution.
    I call it, the pet tank http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...for-a-pet-tank

EDIT:
    Also want to point out as a tank main I never join PF groups when I can DF as that will make the commendations rain from the sky.
    (1)

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast