Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Atlantis Yueqiu
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70

so apparantly protect is mandatory (despite it not been needed to complete content)

any other healers ever been kicked by not using protect ? my main healer is astrologian and my role skills are : esuna , largesse , lucid dreaming , swiftcast and eye for an eye .
    in roulettes i have been kicked for not using protect despite the fact it doesnt actually provide that much of a mitigation .
    5% mitigation isnt essential and doesnt mean i cant dps . the complaints are almost exclusively from dps players , cant they attack without protect been on ??
    only the tank should be taking damage (except aoe attacks from bosses n other such things) so why not dps spend more time attacking n less time moaning about needing mitigation for moves that are avoidable in the 1st place
    (0)
    Last edited by samkitwood; 10-16-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I mean...this is really your own fault. Cast protect then switch role skills........eye for an eye over protect? Lol.
    (39)

Player
    Character
    Maya Sop
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    um... 5%? Am I that bad at math?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    No, but I've always had protect loaded in since SB tbh.

You'll likely start coming unstuck with your approach in the Stormblood dungeons frankly. There's various macros on here to switch protect out for another ability and I'd strongly recommend using it.

Eye for an Eye is actually very decent in dungeons, but don't lose sight of the fact that this is a team game, bending things a little for the sake of your party member's comfort tends to pay off in the long run.
    (3)
    ~ WHM / badSCH / Snob ~ http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871132/ ~

Player
    Character
    Shiru Elysia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    "Kick by scrubs".

No, they were right.
    It doesn't cost you nothing to first take protect, apply on the party en then chance your cross skill.
    This is a permanent buff so refusing to take it 2s is just completely stupid.

Next time, think about it.

"so why not dps spend more time attacking n less time moaning about needing mitigation for moves that are avoidable in the 1st place"

Why wouldn't you do the same and think that maybe you're the one who's wrong instead of thinking the others are bad ?
    (26)
    Last edited by KDSilver; 10-09-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Player
    Character
    Wynne Yilmaz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Last I remember, Protect's Mitigation was somewhere between 5-10%, no exact numbers known since ARR launch.

Meanwhile, E4E is 10% damage mitigation on a 20% proc chance, 20 second duration, and has a recast of 180 seconds.

I think Protect brings more mitigation than E4E over the course of an average dungeon.
    (20)
    I was the Almighty Enkidu for April Fools 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckett View Post
    To be fair, it's not so much a flame war as it's 12 pages of people agreeing the OP is an idiot.

Player
    Character
    Rhia Nara
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Still no reason to kick someone over. A friendly reminder to please use it, even if it doesn't protect that much, would have been the appropriate thing.
    Don't know the whole story though. If they asked and you didn't react or worse, gave a rude answer, they were right to kick you.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Mirchea Luslec
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    protect in 2017 LUL
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cecelia Stormfeather
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I always cast Protect, so I can't say that I have. People like having it. Would I kick while I'm on another role if the healer didn't cast it? No, especially if we were clearing just fine. Results matter, in the end.

That said, copy this macro:

/macroicon Protect
    /macroerror off
    /aaction Largesse off
    /aaction Protect on
    /ac "Protect" <me>
    /wait 3
    /aaction Protect off
    /aaction Largesse on

That will remove Largesse, add Protect, cast Protect, remove Protect, and add Largesse all with one button press. Hit it at the start of the dungeon. Everyone now has Protect, and you don't have to keep it as a role skill.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Wynne Yilmaz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelila38 View Post
    Still no reason to kick someone over. A friendly reminder to please use it, even if it doesn't protect that much, would have been the appropriate thing.
    Don't know the whole story though. If they asked and you didn't react or worse, gave a rude answer, they were right to kick you.
    I agree, it's not a valid reason to kick someone for if we take OP's post at face value. But it literally takes 5 seconds to use a macro to swap E4E for Protect, cast it, and swap it back. If I was OP in that scenario I'd tell the offending DPS to not die or they won't get another protect. : )
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast